My one gripe with an otherwise great event!

Despite what was advertised I am disappointed that the 35th anniversary of Empire Strikes Back was ignored and Showmasters decided to go with Back To The Future insted.Rather than Carrie come over twice last year it would have been better if she had come back for this event.Just saying how I feel.

• Moderators

Always depends on who's available when etc. In an ideal world they can pick and choose when they want guests but it's rarely that easy. So a lot of the time they just have to get the guest when available.

Always depends on who's available when etc. In an ideal world they can pick and choose when they want guests but it's rarely that easy. So a lot of the time they just have to get the guest when available.

Just an observation here, but maybe then not announce you're celebrating the 35th anniversary of Empire Strikes Back until you've actually got the guests for it, instead of screaming it off the rooftops, getting people excited and then just ignore it because you managed to sign MJF to come to your event....? :whistling:

• Like 2

but they did have lots of guests from ESB, they even had a star wars room on the 3rd floor with about 15 guests in, they just didnt get any rare guests, which they never said they would.

And i think they got Carrie twice in the same year because she was in England filimng the new SW film so they didnt have to pay to get her over here

but they did have lots of guests from ESB, they even had a star wars room on the 3rd floor with about 15 guests in, they just didnt get any rare guests, which they never said they would.

And i think they got Carrie twice in the same year because she was in England filimng the new SW film so they didnt have to pay to get her over here

Stuffing about 15 unknown guests in an unreachable room (Where was it anyway? I found the amount of guests less then I had expected already, but I thought I was dreaming, but missing out on a whole room would explain it...) on the 3rd level with little to no attention is not what I'd call a celebration :P

• Like 3

Stuffing about 15 unknown guests in an unreachable room (Where was it anyway? I found the amount of guests less then I had expected already, but I thought I was dreaming, but missing out on a whole room would explain it...) on the 3rd level with little to no attention is not what I'd call a celebration :P

I didn't even know how to get to the 3rd floor at LFCC.

I didn't even know how to get to the 3rd floor at LFCC.

Did you get into any lifts at the venue? The lifts or the back stairs would have taken you to the 3rd level. The GOT/Penny Dreadful and The musketeers guests amongst others were signing there. It was the floor I spent the most time on and the floor that was the best air conditioned. :)

Edited by sarzy2

I thought that they had a good selection of ESB & ROTJ guests that I wanted to meet. I certainly added a few to my posters.

John Ratzenberger, Jack McKenzie, Ian Liston, Dave Barclay. I could go on. Jason definitely brought guests from ESB & ROTJ.

Perhaps the only thing I would say would be I don't think there was much in the way of talks from these guests. That being said I wasn't complaining.

• Like 1

Despite what was advertised I am disappointed that the 35th anniversary of Empire Strikes Back was ignored and Showmasters decided to go with Back To The Future insted.Rather than Carrie come over twice last year it would have been better if she had come back for this event.Just saying how I feel.

or mark Hamill we could've done with Luke Skywalker

I thought that they had a good selection of ESB & ROTJ guests that I wanted to meet. I certainly added a few to my posters.

John Ratzenberger, Jack McKenzie, Ian Liston, Dave Barclay. I could go on. Jason definitely brought guests from ESB & ROTJ.

Perhaps the only thing I would say would be I don't think there was much in the way of talks from these guests. That being said I wasn't complaining.

There weren't many I'd not met before, but that's my own fault for going to Celebration and LFCC's 30th Empire signing.

Was Lasse there in the end? Never found him on Friday.

Its been over a week since this event and there have been numerous replies to various aspects of LFCC but there has not yet been any reply from Jason or SM regarding the so-called Special 35th Celebratory Empire Strikes Back that was going to happen during the weekend,

I and others have posted a number of comments on the "feedback" thread but have not had any relply. The original posting advert on the main LFCC page made several statements that just didnt happen. Even before the event took place i recall a post asking if this had been forgotten about, i dont seem to be able to find that post..

Your own post for this stated:

"With this land mark year we will be bringing you some rare guests and important people that make this amazing film happen 35 years ago.

There will be first time signers and many things to do and see and opportunities to celebrate our love for this wonderful film."

True we had a couple of rare guests, but what of the "many things to do and see and opportunities to celebrate our love for this wonderful film."

• Like 2

I've merged the threads as we already had one dealing with the Empire Strikes Back reunion.

David has already posted a summary in post #2 here. I don't think there's much more to add to that. Sometimes things just don't turn out the way originally planned.

Guests aside, what were the many things to see and do in relation to Empire Strikes Back? I can understand guests cancelling etc, but to advertise an event and build it up into something then to have no explanation other than "depends who's available" is worse than leading your customers on, its false advertising.

If nothing else was planned then why continue with the hype and advertisement on your page?

• Like 1

I totally agree, the original announcement turned out to be extremely misleading. The only reason I bought a ticket was because of the announced "many things to do and see and opportunities to celebrate our love for this wonderful film."

I'm sorry but a bunch of over-glorified 'extras' does not amount to a "celebration".

I think Showmasters needs to review its business model very carefully. It's so unprofessional to make announcements that will obviously influence ticket sales and then not deliver.

• Like 1

I've merged the threads as we already had one dealing with the Empire Strikes Back reunion.

David has already posted a summary in post #2 here. I don't think there's much more to add to that. Sometimes things just don't turn out the way originally planned.

Uhm, if you'd go to your local baker and he sells you a bag with the promise there is a bread inside, you'll be happy with his explanation "Sometimes things just don't turn out the way originally planned" when you only find a few breadcrums in the bag?

It reminds me of last year with the webby awards, when we were promised a show too with Stan, when the actual event was seeing Stan for 1 minute and pretty much no one of the award winners showing up, with the presentor trying his best to make jokes to cover up the mess...

Or the GoT screening of last year, which was promised a special guest, who turned out to being a pinata of Joffrey...

If you make a promise, you stick to it in my book...that or if you really have no choice, at least have the decency to apologise and inform people what they are actually getting up front, which was not the celebration as announced, but 15 or so unknown guests stuffed in a room half of us couldn't even find...

• Like 1

Bread aside, you can't make advertisements and back up threads and then ignore the public when they don't receive what you advertised. There was nothing "misleading" about this, SM failed to deliver on a number of items they had advertised. And whats worse is that some attendees put off attending other events based on your advert!

I see other events making announcements about a coming guest announcement but it's already all booked they are just giving people warning.

I've seen multiple people say, don't make a post unless all the details are confirmed which I completely agree with as it more than likely will lead people to being dissapointed and posts like this being made.

• Like 1

An organiser apology perhaps?

I have to admit after the Transformers being a big thing the year before, and seeing what we got for the various other Star Wars anniversaries I never had that the high expectations this time, but reading what was posted I can see why others felt misled.

• Like 1

how is an apoligy going to help, the event is over,. they said there wold be star wars and there was, if you want a guarnatee of seeing sw guests then go to a proper sw event.

I cant beleive the winging people do on here over nothing

Sorry, but that's a totally wrong example. The bread wasn't missing, it just wasn't what you thought it would be.

*facepalm*, fine, stuff a croissant in there instead of the breadcrumbs I mentioned, the comparison is still valid, it was indeed not what people thought it would be, because something else was promised, which is exactly my point!

• Like 1

No it is not valid. It's not like the theme was totally ignored. There were guests. So if you insist on carrying on with your bread example there was rye bread instead of whole grain. But it's not that nothing happened at all which is the way you are making it sound.

Sorry, but that's a totally wrong example. The bread wasn't missing, it just wasn't what you thought it would be.

I'll bear that in mind next time I announce to my friends that I'm mates with Kiera Knightley so come to my house to meet her - then just have a cardboard cutout of her standing in my living room.

"Things don't turn out that way" is ridiculous reasoning. Imagine getting on a plane to Italy only to find it's landed in Russia instead because "things don't turn out that way"!!!

False advertising to encourage spending, shame on you Showmasters.

how is an apoligy going to help, the event is over,. they said there wold be star wars and there was, if you want a guarnatee of seeing sw guests then go to a proper sw event.

I cant beleive the winging people do on here over nothing

A moderator said what else to add, another moderator had already answered. It doesn't actually tell us the organiser has even seen the complaint, much less acknowledge it.

It's not for moderators to apologise for

• Like 1