photoshoot photos

Hi, just a quick query. I know that the professional photos from the shoots have been paid for so are now mine . I don't have a scanner and do want to do a few copies, what is the position if I take them to a Printing/Photo ship for them to scan and print- i.e are they copyrighted? :smile:

The copyright is with the photographer and the printing places should tell you no. I don't know if you ever bought the Photopass at Disney - that one comes with a release form as long as your arm.

But truth to be told, in reality a lot of the photo printing places couldn't care less it seems.

I got a copy from Jessops of mine and have also from Tesco in the past. They seem to have a clause letting us copy them. They have never questioned me. Adsa on the other hand won't let you. I actually got a scanner off gumtree for a tenner. Perfectly fine copy. I ain't never paying £5 a jpeg.

The copyright is with the photographer and the printing places should tell you no. I don't know if you ever bought the Photopass at Disney - that one comes with a release form as long as your arm.

But truth to be told, in reality a lot of the photo printing places couldn't care less it seems.

uhm, according to the SM TOS the copyright actually belongs to Showmasters Ltd....all we get for our 10 - 95 pounds is a print and the print and any digital copies you might buy (again.. :sad: ) afterwards are only given to you for personal, non commercial use only.

Making copies for personal, non commercial use is still personal, non commercial use, so it's within the rules of the licence we've paid for. So I don't see why any photoprint studio would say no to perfectly legal business.

The photographer works for SM, so effectively we're both right. Forgive me for not having the TOS memorized. :P

Nice try :P but you were wrong. but l'll forgive you for not knowing the TOS by heart...l looked it up myself ;)

You can buy the jpegs from Showmasters usually a few weeks after the show for £5 each. They'll post a link when they're all uploaded.

so you have to pay MORE money for a pic you've alreay paid for? because putting a jpeg up for download or mailing it to your billing add is just far too difficult in this day and age, right?

disgusting.

You can buy the jpegs from Showmasters usually a few weeks after the show for £5 each. They'll post a link when they're all uploaded.

so you have to pay MORE money for a pic you've alreay paid for? because putting a jpeg up for download or mailing it to your billing add is just far too difficult in this day and age, right?

disgusting.

There are lots of disgusting things in this world, charging people £5 for an extra service isn't one of them!

• Like 2

disgusting.

There are lots of disgusting things in this world, charging people £5 for an extra service isn't one of them!

yes it is. there's no call for it on top of the ticket price. it's a JPEG for christsake, it's not even a physical item. when i've had pics like this before the place just mails you a hyperlink for a download.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
cursing removed. Don't try to get around the swear filter by using abbreviations please.

disgusting.

yes it is. there's no call for it on top of the ticket price. it's a JPEG for christsake, it's not even a physical item. when i've had pics like this before the place just mails you a hyperlink for a download.
I understand where you are coming from but, as mentioned, this is to do with rights to the pictures.

For my wedding photos, we paid for the album but the rights belonged to the photographer. To get the digital copies we had to pay for the rights. Its quite common and a fiver is cheaper than what we had to pay for our wedding jpegs!

Edited by andyfilm_1

I'm amazed they still charge for this. It should be included, especially when you're paying 95 pound for one print. Even madam tussauds are giving a free digital copy these days.

I agree with this, theme parks now when you buy a ride photo you can download the jpg for free.

I would have thought they could factor the free jpg into the price and they would probaby sell more photo shoots and apart from the storage costs the only other expense they have is someones time to upload them all!

• Like 1