What guests could they get to compare to this year's event?

lol I could post my whole wish-list here as there was no one announced this summer from it.... Still a nice group of non-diamond level guests, so still got to meet a swell bunch of nice guests, but topping this year's lineup for me shouldn't be too hard for SM to accomplish...Lets see in a few months who they'll start announcing...

People like Pierce Brosnan, Sean Connery and Jack Nicolson are at the top of my list, but let's face it, there's very little point suggesting names like those.

SO, realistic names I would like to see with wide fan appeal...

- Arnold Schwarzenegger

- Judi Dench

- Ian McKellen

- Sean Bean

- Ian Holm

- Michael Fassbender

- James Earl Jones

- David Duchovny

Edited by Dent_1

It's so hard to choose who could top this year, but I think we are at a point now where whenever we get a "Big Guest" thread, then pretty much anyone could be announced, where as a two or three years ago guessing Sigourney and MJF would have had people telling you not to make stupid guesses as they are not at all likely.

It's so hard to choose who could top this year, but I think we are at a point now where whenever we get a "Big Guest" thread, then pretty much anyone could be announced, where as a two or three years ago guessing Sigourney and MJF would have had people telling you not to make stupid guesses as they are not at all likely.

People who guessed those two this year were told that by others, especially about MJF!

I got a diamond pass for Michael Gambon purely for Harry Potter - so Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson could top that for me - alongside the adult actors as well - Alan Rickman.

I guess it's all perceptive - I would pay a lot of money to meet Jessica Alba, Sandra Bullock or Kirsten Dunst.

• Like 1

Only Bill Murray and Harrison Ford could top Michael J Fox and Sigourney Weaver for me, and those are two guests that will never happen.

For me maybe Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins. But Sigourney Weaver for me is very, very, very hard to top.

• Like 2

Any big Game of Thrones names would be great: Lena Headey or Peter Dinklage making a return would be fantastic, and I would be front of the queue to meet Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner or Natalie Dormer. Even (I can hope) Emilia Clarke?

• Like 5

I think getting people like MJF and Sigourney Weaver was something of a coup for Showmasters this year. How they'll top it next year, we can only wait and see. I don't think its beyond Sly to do an event like this, or indeed people like Arnie.

I mean, he can set the charge for his appearance and the price regulated accordingly - if it were like £1500, I'd pay it in a heartbeat. He's an idol of mine. Or indeed Sly. Ford would be really awesome, too.

Some stars I agree, wouldn't come out of egoism, but I don't think its unreasonable to hope that Sly might consider it. His autograph and photo prices were rather reasonable for his con in the US, I thought. I think it was around $700-$800 for an auto and photo and if it were the same over here, £7-800 pounds, I'd pay it. That is once in a lifetime, too.

Still, I am soooooooooo pleased to have met MJF and Sigourney - that really was once in a lifetime and was dead reasonable at £113 for a photo and MJF's diamond pass was good value at £445 for what you got.

I'm interested in how they may top this next time.....

For me it would be Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Christopher Walken and Jeremy Renner.....However, the main players in the Avengers would also be pretty damn AWESOME!! OMG Imagine a Costume Photo Shoot with that lot!! *FAINTS*

Edited by Chesterino
  • Like 2

I'd love to meet Christopher Walken - he's a legend. I think that the names mentioned here are not unrealistic. As I say, if they can get Sly, we can get him too (in the US for their comic con). No reason why people like Arnold wouldn't do it but expect a massive diamond pass price, around the 1.5-2k fee.

• Like 1

1) Daniel Radcliffe OR Friends cast reunion

2) Other 80s stars - Winona Ryder, Eric Stoltz, Andrew McCarthy, Ally Sheedy, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald etc etc etc

3) Hayden Christensen (can't see this happening)

4) oscar Isaac - before he becomes too famous!

5) Kit Harrington - just becausep

I can't see anything beating MJF.....but JK Rowling (not v likely I know) may be a consideration to do it all for her chatity/foundation!

Personally I would love a Roswell cast reunion!

KIEFER!!!

Winona

Johnny Depp (shush, I know!)

Ben Browder's overdue a return visit, in fact...

ALL OF FARSCAPE!

KIEFER!!!

Annie Wersching

Jensen Ackles

Jared Padalecki

KIEFER!!!

ALL OF 24! but especially

KIEFER!!!

:D

• Like 1