I Know I'm Going to Get Shot Down for This.

Just a quick one. I'm not really an autograph person. I prefer having the personal experience of having my picture taken. I get impatient waiting for Mr X to have all 5 of his stuff signed and his partner has the other 5 and his son has another 5. etc.

Would it be the end of the world if autographs were limited to 1 per person. Any more and your either selling it or being greedy in my opinion. It would certainly help in giving more people the opportunity to meet a guest.

Just saying...

• Like 3

For me personally, I only ever get one autograph from a guest, but there will be legitimate fans that want an 8x10 and a film poster or dvd signed, or getting something for a friend that can't attend.

I do see your point, but unfortunately there'd be no way to police it, unless it was queue up once for one item, then rejoin the queue for another.

• Like 1

1 per person is too restricted.

Not everyone who gets more than 1 auto is there to try and make money, I got 2 autos from Tim Russ last weekend, 1 for me and 1 for my dad as we both absolutely love Voyager.

I got my sister an auto from Michael Gambon but if money wasn't so tight I would have purchased myself one too.

Exactly, although it wont stop people getting 20 VQ tickets. I'd love a system where you could scan your entry and it will give you a VQ ticket. It wont issue another for that guest. That would be so cool. Also, I know it means a lot for the people who can't make it but its a big screw you for the ones who did and can't get an autograph.

Edited by IceCoolPsycho

I get 2 (if I can) sometimes there are 2 films or tv shows I like, sometimes I get one as a gift/surprise for a friend and the main reason is sometimes I want one to frame and one to put away safe! (I know I know but I worry about them on the wall, even with borders and out of direct sunlight....the only one I have on my wall which is a single one is Leonardo DiCaprio and thats coz I tried so many times, so one is fine!)

For Noah Wyle I was definitely going to get 2!

Is the limit 5 now? Maybe it could be reduced to 3? Def not 1 though as others have said that is too restrictive

• Like 1

^ one on a singular item (such as a photo), and one on a collectors item (such as a poster signed by several cast members) for example. There are a lot of reasons we can come up with - and why we personally have had - multiple items signed at the same time. It's not greed, we're not selling things. We've never sold an autograph, they all have different meanings for us.

Sometimes we do queue on multiple days to get multiple things signed, sometimes we don't. Depends on schedule & time.

• Like 3

I guess I'm just too old to understand. Years ago I could wait for Tom Cruise outside a premier and get his autograph. I wouldn't even consider going back with something else for him to sign. I have his autograph. That's surely the point. I see where your coming from with the group signed posters but surely its easy to pick one item you want signed as a priority over other things. Im not trying to be flippant or anything I just really don't get it. As I said. It must be my age :(

• Like 1

I got 3 things signed by Robert Englund his book.Nightmare on elm street blu ray collection and Freddy vs Jason poster i wouldnt have been able to choose if noah wyle would have been there i think i would have got 4 of his

Edited by Qualmpeddler
  • Like 1

Not at all. If a guest is oversubscribed it won't make a difference as more people would get through. If not it would be open queue so it wouldn't matter how many things you get signed. Would certainly increase volumes of people getting autographs thus increasing satisfaction from attendees.

Edited by IceCoolPsycho

I think the number of autographs should be what they are. But maybe the people sitting by the quests could keep an eye open, or the person you pay to. Cause when u see a guy just ahead of you, have WAY MORE, than 5 items, and they are ALL the same picture and the quest is just signing their name on them. It's quite obvious that the person in question is selling the autos. Kinda sad if you lose your spot in the que just cause it takes so much time, and ONE person gets tons of autos...

• Like 3

No.

If I'd had the money, I would have got the following signed by Sigourney Weaver:

My Aliens box set

My power loader photo shoot with her

My unthemed photo shoot with her

An 8x10

That's 4 things right there and I would keep them all - no selling on eBay.

• Like 2

No.

If I'd had the money, I would have got the following signed by Sigourney Weaver:

My Aliens box set

An 8x10

I got 2 posters (Ghostbusters and Alien) and an 8x10 signed by Sigourney and 100% plan on keeping them for myself. There are many guests where I have gotten more than one auto, usually 1 or 2 posters and an 8x10 for my collection. I've never gotten more than 5 so I think they should keep to this, but maybe enforce more that ALL guests have a limit of 5, not just guests on VTs.

• Like 2

No.

My Aliens box set

An 8x10

But why? What's the point of having the same sig on multiple things??

I normally only get 1 8x10 photo signed, and if possible personalised, but sometimes I might get 2 or 3 signed - especially if it is a well known person who has done multiple films/tv roles - as I did this time with Jonathan Pryce (Pirates of the Carribean & Game of Thrones) Try doing a sports show when you get dealers wanting an armfull of sports memorabilia signing and their in the same que as you :borg::yoda::vader::cylon:

• Like 2

No.

My Aliens box set

An 8x10

Different collections. I get Doctor Who DVDs, CDs, trading cards signed. There's some companions I must have over 100 individual autographs from, in 15 years of events. It used to be a lot cheaper.

I would have had 8 for Catherine Tate last weekend (though at £30 a time I wouldn't have got all of them) but fortunately she'd already signed 7 of them elsewhere.

Personally I get to the stage I think would I really bother queuing hours for just one auto. I'd not have gone just for her.

Edited by TerraHawk
  • Like 1

No.

My Aliens box set

An 8x10

Because the actor/actress is in multiple franchises that we love sometimes it's hard to keep it to one... Last year I really wish I had got Lena Heady to sign something Dread related as well as my Game Of Thrones poster but for me i always prioritise one from each guest before I go back for a second and unfortunately on this occasion I just could afford to! However I got Hayley Atwell to sign 2 things year! :)

Each to there own at the end of the day no one is wrong...

• Like 4

I guess. Just read another thread about what peeps do with their autographs. A lot keep in protective covers in binders. Just dont get having 8 autos of the same person in different photos sitting on a shelf withe same auto on each. As I said , it must be me ....lol

Instead of saying limit autos per guest to 1, why not just limit time chatting with guests who have a queue, way too often you get people queue-ing and some fan chatting to a guest for a long time, whilst everybody else has to stand and wait, slowing the queue down which means less money made to organisers and more fans going away unhappy.

If there is to be a limit, I think 3 should be plenty, I get one personalised 8 x 10, poster for multi signings with character names, so you can tell whose signed it.