Selling your signed LFCC items online

I've noticed a huge amount of signed Michael J Fox items online this week.

Obviously people have a right to do whatever they want with their signed items (I suppose people make a living from this sort of thing too) I just think it's a little sad as I wouldn't dream of selling any of my much loved signed 'commodities'.

Any thoughts on this? And I hope everyone got some nice stuff to display proudly from last weekend!

• Like 3

I doubt the signed MJF photo's are from the con as they wouldn't be making any profit. The auto at LFCC worked out to be about £250 but they would go for a lot less than that on eBay. They are probably from the dealers waiting outside his hotel.

• Like 1

Obviously people have a right to do whatever they want with their signed items (I suppose people make a living from this sort of thing too) I just think it's a little sad as I wouldn't dream of selling any of my much loved signed 'commodities'.

Any thoughts on this? And I hope everyone got some nice stuff to display proudly from last weekend!

I Could Never Sell My Items...Love My Autographs Too Much...plus always get them dedicated.
  • Like 5

I doubt the signed MJF photo's are from the con as they wouldn't be making any profit. The auto at LFCC worked out to be about £250 but they would go for a lot less than that on eBay. They are probably from the dealers waiting outside his hotel.

You say you doubt they are from the con, but you can't say that they aren't. Personally I would think it more likely that they would be from that rather than from someone hanging out by the hotel.

Part of the game, people buy auto's, people are allowed to sell their property...remember, you buy the auto, not the time with the guest, or so SM reminds us....

Personally, yeah, it's the time with the guest l gladly pay for, being a real fan, and yeah, it's sad if people who do not cherish their moment with the guest and just get the auto's to sell get to meet the guest while real fans miss out, but unfortunatly l don't think there is anything SM can do about it...

The only time I buy autos is if I'm not going to be able to go to the con so I get the pre order with a dedication I can't stand it where I've been to cons and the summer where people hold up the cue because they get half a dozen things signed I think it's wrong would be great if showmasters narrowed it to 2 autos

You say you doubt they are from the con, but you can't say that they aren't. Personally I would think it more likely that they would be from that rather than from someone hanging out by the hotel.

What would the point of them buying a diamond pass at £445 and selling the auto for £100? The dealers are there to make a profit. Unless they got a prop signed I can't see them getting a photo signed to sell on eBay.

also, remember that around 95-100% of autographs on ebay are fake - MJF appearing at LFACC means ebayers can claim they met him there (but chances are they werent even at the con)

If you look on ebay people say they got it signed outside a hotel or at an airport but yet them seem incapable of obtaining a photograph of MJF let alone showing the item been signed. If they were at the con and were looking to sell on at a profit then why would they settle for just the single autograph. There were 11 actors from the BTTF films and the artist Andrew Probert who designed the Delorean. If I was looking to sell on then I would have everyone sign the piece plus have photographic proof.

You can't get photographic proof from the con because no photos were allowed, meaning anyone wanting to sell their con auto, it would prove difficult to do. I would never sell my autographs unless it was a matter of life and death in terms of a financial crisis and even then it would be a last resort.

I missed Carice on the sunday so hopefully someone will be selling her autograph.

Try Celebrity Ink or Hollywood Autographs their link is at the bottom of the official web page.

If i miss anyone i all ways check here !st

You can't get photographic proof from the con because no photos were allowed, meaning anyone wanting to sell their con auto, it would prove difficult to do. I would never sell my autographs unless it was a matter of life and death in terms of a financial crisis and even then it would be a last resort.

Aside from MJF signing my items I do have photos of the other 10 actors signing the piece plus I used my plutonium case in the photo shoot with MJF and CL. Not forgetting that I have diamond passes for MJF and CL which guaranteed an autograph.

I missed Carice on the sunday so hopefully someone will be selling her autograph.

Try Celebrity Ink or Hollywood Autographs their link is at the bottom of the official web page.

If i miss anyone i all ways check here !st

Thank you mate.

Aside from MJF signing my items I do have photos of the other 10 actors signing the piece plus I used my plutonium case in the photo shoot with MJF and CL. Not forgetting that I have diamond passes for MJF and CL which guaranteed an autograph.

Hi Ian - I see your point - yeah, if you had a multi-signed item, then yes, it would give a lot of credibility to the fact that MJF signed your item and those who you couldn't get a photo for, signing your item. Its a really nice signed item and could be worth a lot of money, one day, not that I would see you selling it, since it is an excellent piece - one of my main regrets is that I did not get a piece multi-signed, but this was my first con and wanted to test the waters first.

Hi Ian - I see your point - yeah, if you had a multi-signed item, then yes, it would give a lot of credibility to the fact that MJF signed your item and those who you couldn't get a photo for, signing your item. Its a really nice signed item and could be worth a lot of money, one day, not that I would see you selling it, since it is an excellent piece - one of my main regrets is that I did not get a piece multi-signed, but this was my first con and wanted to test the waters first.

In 1993 I became an amputee after my left thumb was crushed in an industrial accident. I have nerve damage in the hand, am in pain most of the time and fully expect to lose the use of the hand one day. I am preparing for the day when I can no longer use my hand and thats why I am more than happy to spend now with a long term approach. I always try to get unusual pieces and to have them multi signed where possible. Last year I attended a science conference and obtained a book that was signed by Professor Stephen Hawking (right thumbprint authenticated by his staff) and also signed by every speaker. I am attending the same conference next year and will be taking this book to get additional autographs.

I believe that you have to make the most of opportunities when they arise. After the back in time talk I had the 3 film makers sign the case. I sent an email through to them saying thanks for signing the case and got a response from Jason Aron saying "Really awesome piece you have there. Cherish it"!!

• Like 2

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with somebody selling it if they paid the money for it then it's up to them to do what they want with it. At the end it's only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay which could be nothing so it's a gamble on their part.

That being said I have never bought anything to sell I enjoy collecting them and seeing them hang on my walls! :)

• Like 1

What would the point of them buying a diamond pass at £445 and selling the auto for £100? The dealers are there to make a profit. Unless they got a prop signed I can't see them getting a photo signed to sell on eBay.

I guess I am just skeptical that anyone would have been able to get an auto from outside his hotel. Not saying it couldnt happen. But if the person wanted the photos and not the auto and decided to make a little money back on their diamond pass, it is still definitely possible.

I'm afraid that's what dealers are like, they will hound the celebs outside hotels and airports. If someone just wanted the photo then they probably would have just paid the £95 for the photo. The diamond pass was mainly for the autograph. But maybe some people would just sell it, sounds strange though.

People like this just infuriate me - non fans who just don't care one bit about the person they're meeting just to make a pretty profit and thus ruins it for the "real fans" look at the Stan Lee incident last year when flipping auto dealers got all their stuff signed and true Fans were screwed over.

Its one of the reasons I don't do premieres any more because of all the dealers messing it up

THis reminds me of the time in 2010 when Bruce (notorious for his signing habits) Willis attended a premiere, the rest of that week there were reports that ebay was flooded with his autographs - then in 2013 when Sir David Jason did a booksigning- enough said :(

Believe me I've had people asking me if I'd ever consider selling my Indiana Jones fedora? Heck no, if I had it my way I'd be buried wearing it

• Like 4