How many guests did you get to meet

Hello!

Hope you've all recovered from LFCC by now.

I think it's great that Showmasters have grown as much as they have over the past few years, it means they can get bigger and better guests, not to mention many more, which is fantastic news for all us con-goers!

The fact that LFCC is now the biggest comic con in Europe and the third (I think) biggest in the world makes me very proud, but also a bit apprehensive.

My main reason for attending these types of events are to meet guests, and I thank SM for letting me do so. However, the huge scale to which the company has grown makes me a bit nervous that I won't be able to meet all the guests I want to.

I didn't attend LFCC this year, but I did last year and the only guest I didn't get to meet that I wanted to was Stan Lee. From what I've been hearing about this year, I would have really struggled with a ton of guests I would have wanted to see, and it sounds like I wouldn't have been able to meet some of them at all. Sad face.

The likes of Rose Leslie and Iain Glen are dream guests for me (I hope they return next year), but I would be distraught if I made it to the con and wasn't able to see them.

For those of you who went, how easy was it to meet these guys? Did you get to meet everyone you wanted to? And finally, do you have any tips for meeting everyone you want to meet?

I worry about stuff like this.

Thanks,

jakers.

• Like 2

Met Iain Glen, no problem at all, at about 3pm on Sundayafter queuing for 5 minutes or so. He was ploughing through the autos very quickly, so no issues at all. He was a very polite, but not chatty, guest. Tip for getting through to see loads of guests - don't be a wimp like me and keep going up to level 3 to enjoy some aircon. I got plenty done, but could have done so much more had it not been for the heat...

• Like 1

My sensible plan was to get 6 photos, 2 autographs, and I achieved this. (I just looked round on Friday to get my bearings, had two photo shoots on Saturday and two talks, then four photo shoots and two autographs on Sunday). I did want more autographs but the stresses of the weekend took their toll on me.

I joined the queue at 7.05am to get low VQ tickets for Hayley Atwell and Iain Glenn to improve my chances of meeting them, and got their autographs towards the end of the day. They were the main two guests I went for so I was relieved to have met them and it was worth waking up at 5am to make sure of it!

The main problem for me was that even though I only had four photos on Sunday, three overlapped, both the morning and afternoon sessions. I managed to fit into one of the morning ones, leaving two clashing ones in the afternoon. Due to the craziness that was the photo shoot areas, it got to the point where I thought I would have to chose one to miss as I couldn't even get to the crew members to explain my clash. After a lot of stress and dashing around the halls and up and down stairs I just made it into the end of the second shoot. So I did manage everything I had planned/booked, but it was a close call.

From what I've read some people managed to get a lot more done, but I don't know how. Well done to them!

Hopefully next year the layout will be improved and it'll be easier to get between the different areas and you will be able to get everything you want, but perhaps aim for a low number of guests you really want to meet, and anyone else you have time for is a bonus. I think for next year I will heavily consider getting a gold pass. I wasn't interested in/couldn't afford diamond passes this year, but my top two guests were non diamonds but very popular so I was worried the whole time that I might miss out.

Planning is very important and have a realistic number of guests to meet, but unfortunately not everything always goes to plan!

• Like 1

With a gold pass I was able to obtain 22 photos and 22 autographs. Obviously, I'd paid for all of the photos in advance, so the autographs were mostly opportunistic depending on the queues.

The longest I queued was for Sigourney Weaver (about 3 hours in total after being sent away once). The rest went swimmingly really.

The Star Trek guests were pretty much walk-up-and-greet as they rarely had much of a queue. The GoT guests were generally 10-30 minutes once you got into the queue. Even Bill Paxton was only a 40 minute wait once I timed it with the virtual ticket.

The key to the weekend truly is planning. Print off the photo schedules and circle off your times. If two overlap or start and finish at the same time, consider using a different photo session that day (since photoshoots often overrun and knock out your whole schedule). I managed to get most of my photos and autos done on the Friday and Saturday leaving Sunday mostly free for talks.

Overall, it was an amazing weekend although a bit stressful at times.

• Like 1

Hello!

Hope you've all recovered from LFCC by now.

I think it's great that Showmasters have grown as much as they have over the past few years, it means they can get bigger and better guests, not to mention many more, which is fantastic news for all us con-goers!

The fact that LFCC is now the biggest comic con in Europe and the third (I think) biggest in the world makes me very proud, but also a bit apprehensive.

My main reason for attending these types of events are to meet guests, and I thank SM for letting me do so. However, the huge scale to which the company has grown makes me a bit nervous that I won't be able to meet all the guests I want to.

I didn't attend LFCC this year, but I did last year and the only guest I didn't get to meet that I wanted to was Stan Lee. From what I've been hearing about this year, I would have really struggled with a ton of guests I would have wanted to see, and it sounds like I wouldn't have been able to meet some of them at all. Sad face.

The likes of Rose Leslie and Iain Glen are dream guests for me (I hope they return next year), but I would be distraught if I made it to the con and wasn't able to see them.

For those of you who went, how easy was it to meet these guys? Did you get to meet everyone you wanted to? And finally, do you have any tips for meeting everyone you want to meet?

I worry about stuff like this.

Thanks,

jakers.

Neve Campbell was easy to meet

Lea Thompson was easy to meet

Christopher Lloyd was easy to meet (though I was amused at how the golds got in before the diamonds on that occasion)

Sigourney Weaver was easy to meet as I went to her 2nd power loader photo shoot as I had a clash (I'm glad there was one as I saw the morning queues for some

of the prop photo shoots and they were hectic).

Michael J. Fox's photo shoot was busy but once it got going, it was fine, just a bit of a wait and congestion.

Robert Englund was very busy for his makeup shoot but again, once the congestion had died down and the queues got going, it was fine, just a bit of a wait.

Overall, it was straightforward, just busy and congested.

I managed 23 photo shoots including Iain and Rose plus the BTTF Cast talk and Iain Glen + Catherine Tates autographs across the Saturday and Sunday. Didn't fully recovered until the Tuesday. To say I was knackered and in a lot of exhausted pain is an understatement. Glad I managed to do it all though and I'm obviously more fitter than I thought I was.

I managed 21 photoshoots and 16 autos. The only Diamond guest was Michael Gambon, in which I bought photoshoot + auto.

I had a Gold Pass so there was no problem, but Saturday was very busy!

I enjoyed chatting with Alexander Siddig, talking about filming in Spain (as I am from Spain) but I was very nervous!! Meeting all those guests...all my dreams came true!!!

I managed 23 photo shoots including Iain and Rose plus the BTTF Cast talk and Iain Glen + Catherine Tates autographs across the Saturday and Sunday. Didn't fully recovered until the Tuesday. To say I was knackered and in a lot of exhausted pain is an understatement. Glad I managed to do it all though and I'm obviously more fitter than I thought I was.

That shows dedication - no wonder you're exhausted - I got like 4 autographs, 7 photo shoots and attended a few talks and I was very tired after that, so if I did what you did, it would've taken me a while longer to recover, I'm sure. Took me a day or so to fully get over it but I find it hard to believe it all begun over a week ago now - just crazy.

Hope to go to next year's one and I will plan exactly as I did this time. I don't regret who I didn't meet really because I got some photos of them at their tables, so all in all, good. I might see if I can coax someone to come with me next time too but the problem is, I don't really have any friends which fit that particular category.

Also depends if I have enough money, too. Was an epic weekend!

Edited by collectorbob

only guest i really wanted to get an autograph from but couldn't was Michael J Fox. Reason: he was only able to do autographs for diamond ticket holders due to his health (whitch i fully understand) and i just couldn't afford a diamond ticket. but i did manage to get 5 autographs including 2 from diamond guests -Christopher lloyd & michael Gambon. i also managed to get photo shoots with everyone i wanted who attended. So overall im quite happy with who i met.

I didn't have any passes, only regular admission, but managed nine guests. It was a very exhausting and stressful day though, not going to lie. Would have been much easier to navigate and get everything done in a timely manner if the layout had been easier to get through.

I got 15 photos, 14 of which were with guests, and 7 autos, with regular ticket.

Gave up on getting autos for Christopher, bill and Sigourney after Saturday's queues, only for Bill and Sigourney to go open queue on Sunday. Unfortunately, I'd spent the money on 3 shirts , 1 extra shoot (Kiesha Castle Hughes) and 2 extra autos (Tim Russ and Carrie henn)

But my brother got both bill and Sigourney and I got all my photo shoots ok.

Edited by andrewrolar

Normal weekend tickets, got 19 autographs & 7 shoots. Had one cancelled shoot and did miss 4 auto's but 3 of my shoots were with them so not all bad. Christopher Lloyd only one totally missed out :(

Also picked up two commissions from artists & Gary Frank's auto.

I was there ion Saturday and met 19. William Forsythe, Steve Coulter, Tom Savini, James Remar, Clifton Collins J.R, Frances Lee McCain, Bill Hargreaves, Trevor Steedman, Joid Lynn O'Keefe, James Tolkan, Jessica Henwick, Keisha castle-Hughes, Roy Scammell, Robert Watts, Eric Bauersfeld, Michael Gambon, Colette Hiller, Robert Kurtzman and Carrie Henn.

I had virtual queue tickets for Bill Paxton and Christopher Lloyd but didn't get chance to meet them.

Friday = 7 photoshoots and 8 autographs (including Anderson and Englund;

Saturday = 6 photoshoots and 9 autographs (including Weaver, Atwell, Paxton and Gambon) whilst

Sunday = 8 photoshoots and 8 autographs (including Leslie).

A busy weekend, may have to pare back in future years as it was almost too busy to really enjoy all it has to offer - But that's down to me and not SM.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...