Did you manage to get an auto from Diamond guest without a Diamond pas

Well the only diamond pass i had was for robert englund and that worked like a charm :) got him to sign 3 things on the friday.

On the saturday i was at the front of the standard entry queue and soon as the doors opened i went straight for sigourney weavers VQ ticket and bill paxtons VQ ticket think i was 125 for bill paxton but thankfully i got in to meet him got my aliens poster signed and i was 105 vq for sigourney weaver and i stood there for hours and some dude got fed up and he handed me his vq ticket which was 45 and that got me in, who ever that guy is he's a complete legend and for ever thankful :)

• Like 2

Yeah The gold helped me with RDA but for both Paxton and Weaver the que where just randomly opend for anyone to enter when they where away for a photoshot so in return for waiting so to speak VQ tickets wherent used.

All without Diamond Passes:

Robert Englund on the Friday,

Michael Gambon, Bill Paxton and Sigourney Weaver on the Saturday,

Thought about sticking around on the Sunday for Christopher Lloyd but left early instead.

I managed to get Sigourneys auto at about 9:30 on Sunday without a gold or diamond pass, I had VT number 171. I couldn't believe I was allowed to queue up that early. Same with Bill Paxton, I had VT 88 and was one of the first to meet him after his early photoshoot.

I got there early about 6am ish to queue outside, got lost in the rush finding Sigourney so was very thankful that I was still able to meet her despite the VT number.

Bill Paxton was easy - no queue on Sunday straight in line.

Christopher Lloyd was a bit harder to say the least, VQ tickets and queuing everyday- eventually paid off on Sunday night after close to 2 hours waiting / praying. ( would love the opportunity to attend his talk and photo / prop shoots, £ prohibited me from doing so this time)

Had a pass for Sigourney and England.

had a diamond pass for robert englund and still DID not get his auto.

-my fault too many photo shoots on friday and did not arrive till 3.30pm-

and spend too long on saturday getting to and from level 3 for Aliens talk(including talk almost 3 hours) but did get weaver's and Paxton auto on saturday

(9 hours for 2 auto's,2 talk show's and 7 photo shoots) had a gold pass too.(boy it was tough moving around all the different levels for things)

no chance of Christopher Lloyd had VQ-60 saturday & VQ - 32 sunday

on sunday did not bother with the talk shows (i'd already paid for Bill Paxton(£15) & BTTF(£30)) and used the time instead to get 25+ auto's (& 6 photo shoots)

and saw Bill Paxton was open queue most of sunday morning and could have got weaver's again easily as well in the afternoon.(i had low VQ)

next year i won't buy talk tickets till the day(maybe even an hour before hand) for diamond guests- when i know i'm on target to get every thing i want.

I got Robert Englund with the Diamond Pass.

I got Michael Gambon and Bill Paxton on the Saturday without the Diamond Pass.

I managed to get everyone I needed across the whole weekend without the need of a Gold Pass.

I was lucky enough to already have Christopher Lloyd's auto from a previous LFCC (and Robert Englund's from a previous Collectormania MK), so I was after VQTs for Michael Gambon, Sigourney Weaver and Bill Paxton this time and, thanks to my Gold Pass and a lovely friend who gave me his Michael Gambon VQT 29, I managed them all on the Saturday. I went for Sigourney first and got VQT 39 but the crew member took so long to give them out (we were made to queue for them!) that my Bill VQT was about 116 when I eventually got round to that side of the hall. Michael's number came up first, circa 12pm once he was back from his photoshoot. Fortunately Bill was signing pretty fast and my number for him came up somewhere between 1-2pm, and I got Sigourney's somewhere between 3-4pm. So chuffed!

Had a Diamond Pass for Sigourney because I refuse to queue before 7am and I was not willing to miss her of all the guests I have waited to come to these events.

That said, I went to get a VT ticket for Sigourney on Saturday as I needed 5 items signing on top of my 1 included auto, so thought I may need to queue up again. Fortunately for me staff let me get all 6 in one go as I would not have been seen on Saturday with VT no. 345 (this was at about 9:15).

Besides Sigourney... managed to get Gambon and Paxton with just regular entry ticket (don't believe in going Gold Pass). Went to get a VT for Gambon about 9:20 and the crew member said I didn't need one if I wanted to see him now! So saw him immediately and he was the one I was most worried about missing out on given his Saturday only status.

Got a VT for Paxton which was no. 465. Was hovering about his table late afternoon but not getting anywhere fast. Went off to get some other autos I had planned to leave until Sunday. Got Ray Park who I queued ages for, went back about 5pm and the VTs were being called up to 450. I asked the crew member if I could join the queue and he said they were just letting anyone go to keep the line moving.

So got all 3 diamond guests sorted Saturday.

Saturday evening around 17h Bill Paxton , without gold or diamond pass. just walked right up to him.

Sunday evening around 17h30 Sigourney Weaver, same thing, no diamond of gold pass, maybe 30 people there.( i felt very lucky to get in there so late )

My friends who didnt have golden or diamond pass for Christopher Lloyd got their stuff around 18h when the con was kinda closing. A shame that he didn't personalised for them , i met him few years ago at a Q & A where he was happy to sign for free and have a brief chat to everybody who walked up to him :

31557_389581681765_3698957_n.jpg

You didnt need a diamond pass to buy an autographs from all diamond guests. I bought autographs from Christopher LLoyd and Michael Gambon and they were diamond guests.Although i was a gold ticket/wristband holder. I definitely know you HAD to have a diamond pass to get an auto from M J Fox due to his health.

Edited by stargate geek emily

I got RDA on the friday, Bill Paxton on saturday and Sigourney on the sunday and those three where my main points for coming so am very happy with that. Had no diamond pass just gold.

Dont think RDA was a diamond guest.

• Moderators

I got RDA on the friday, Bill Paxton on saturday and Sigourney on the sunday and those three where my main points for coming so am very happy with that. Had no diamond pass just gold.

Dont think RDA was a diamond guest.
He wasn't but I'd say at times he was just as popular

My wife and I had regular tickets, but my brother in law had a gold pass. He got my wife a VQ ticket in the 40s on Saturday for Bill Paxton, and when we went along to his queue they were calling 1-25, but the guy let her in as he had his queue to fill up!

At the same time, Michael Gambon's queue was pretty empty. He wasn't signing at the time as he was having a quick chat with Christopher Lloyd. So I asked the blue shirt and he said I could just join the queue. I had no intention of getting his autograph, but as the opportunity was there I just did it.

On the Sunday my brother in law got me a VQ ticket for Sigourney Weaver in the 60s, in case I wanted and auto. I thought I might as well try. Early in the day it said she would be signing at 1-1:30 and then from 4:30, and the woman running the queue said I should get in at the 4:30 signing. At about 12:10 I went passed her queue to make sure the times were still the same and noticed they had changed her signing to 12-12:45! So I spoke to the guy running the queue and he said it's an open queue. So I just joined and got my pic signed!

It would have cost over 750 quid for diamond passes for those guests but we were lucky to get the autographs for just under 200 quid in total, bring the cost of the autos themselves