Earl's Court Vs. Olympia

My very first LFCC was back in 2012 at Olympia and it was great. Then going to EC last year, I was so terrified. I get really bad anxiety so being EC last year was a disaster. Olympia is a step up and a step in the right direction. It's a shame about the exclusivity contract at Excel with the other company that shall not be named (otherwise known as voldemort) though because LFCC would do perfect there.

I really like Olympia, and I like the separate floors/areas - this means that crossover noise isn't such a problem, and there is enough floorspace for people to sit down if they want to. Transport is fairly easy there, and there's enough food outlets, too.

However, if Olympia is used again, SM *have* to sort out the stairs and lifts situation, as it was both dangerous and frustrating this time.

Signage, too. Post clear signs on the stairwells that just spit you out into the street (rather than allow you to move between floors), and mark clearly on each floorplan (and have more floorplans) where each useable stairwell and lift is.

I think Earls Court was fine years ago for LFCC when there were far less attendees but it was grown so much since the first one I attended back in 2006 that even if it could've been used this year I'm glad it wasn't.

This was the first time I'd been to Olympia and it was so much better than Earls Court for several reasons. Including, a much bigger variety of places to eat and drink and many more facilities too. Anyone remember the huge queues for the toilets at Earls Court last year? This year I only queued for them once on the ground floor and that was only for a few minutes! On the other levels I didn't queue at all!

The Olympia staff were far more knowledgeable about the event and did a great job at managing the queues outside, This was almost non-existent last year.

There was so much more space and next year we will get even more! Here's hoping that photo-shoot areas are closer together next year as many others have suggested this will make the day go much smoother for many attendees.

I think Earls Court was fine years ago for LFCC when there were far less attendees but it was grown so much since the first one I attended back in 2006 that even if it could've been used this year I'm glad it wasn't.

This was the first time I'd been to Olympia and it was so much better than Earls Court for several reasons. Including, a much bigger variety of places to eat and drink and many more facilities too. Anyone remember the huge queues for the toilets at Earls Court last year? This year I only queued for them once on the ground floor and that was only for a few minutes! On the other levels I didn't queue at all!

The Olympia staff were far more knowledgeable about the event and did a great job at managing the queues outside, This was almost non-existent last year.

There was so much more space and next year we will get even more! Here's hoping that photo-shoot areas are closer together next year as many others have suggested this will make the day go much smoother for many attendees.

Attending for the first time, did not get to the third floor, and if I am right we are getting more space olympia was fine. Yes it got packed at some parts, but overall the event was fantastic and I would defiantly think of going back in the futre

This years event was all over the place, literally. Why they chose the smaller hall and upper floors I never know. Its much better when everything is laid out on one level. My way for this event next year is to have all the merch stalls spread out in the big hall and use the smaller hall for photo shoots, talk events and guests. One of the problems with gust queuing this year was on the 1st floor guest section, a lot of guests cramped in a small area with not enough room for queuing.

Having attended London Film and Comic Con since the first event at the Wembley Exhibition followed by many years going to Earls Court 2 (including the not so good year in very dark Earls Court 1) I must say I really like Olympia.

I had not attended Comic Con for a few years and had not been since the move from Earls Court, but decided to come this year due to Richard Dean Anderson and Jason David Frank.

I think that Olympia is the best layout for such an event with separated areas, while yes there is room for improvement in terms of photo areas being together, it’s a great venue.

I see many people are saying that Showmasters “oversold” the event and that the venue is not designed for such capacity. Can I just say this is total c**p, there is simply no way the venue, the local council or Showmasters would risk breaking the capacity restrictions, the fines they would risk by doing so would likely mean the end of the company not even taking into account possible law suits! While the venue was busy at times and has its bottlenecks, it was never at any stage dangerous to people. I have been to shows at Olympia before which are much, much busier then Comic Con, the venue is designed to take that capacity.

I look forward to them taking over the entire venue next year and growing the show. It has come a long, long way since the first small show I attended at Wembley many years ago.