Out of curiosity, wre there any walk-ups?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if some people turned up without a ticket on Saturday and Sunday, not being aware that the event is sold out and there were no tickets to buy on the day? Not that I need to know, I'm just curious, because it was advertised heavily, so I'm wondering if anyone missed it.

Edited by SammyRomie
  • Like 1

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this had happened. During the afternoon I found myself outside by accident (long story) and didn't get my hand stamped but still managed to get back in via the front and nobody even gave me a second glance. I could easily have just walked in off the street in passing.

A friend of mine also said she tried to get in because she happened to be in London on the day but obviously couldn't, because she did get checked. So probably happened to a few.

Edited by Faerie Tanith

We do have to say though, that people just walking in without a badge/pass/... we find them extremely selfish & it can cause a safety hazard for those inside the building.

that being said, it's also a good reason for those at the doors to screen everyone wanting to enter the building every time someone comes in (not just the first time) and why proper training is important. ESPECIALLY when the venue is sold out and at max capacity.

• Like 2

i spoke to 3 different people , one on the tube, one at shepherd's bush overground station and one family on the train and all of them were heading there not aware you couldn't pay on the day.Guy on the train from Birmingham with his wife and 2 kids saw me sit next to them with my Sigourney Weaver Alien T-shirt on and they said 'are you by any chance going to to Olympia'. after a short conversation i mentioned having booked the tickets from as early as you could and the guy said 'didn't know we needed tickets, just saw the dates and thought it was like last year and you could pay on the day'.I told him it was on the website and on the forum but he said they don't bother with it they just noted the event dates.They saw an advert in a magazine but it didn't mention any need to buy tickets in advance. info was proberbly tucked away somewhere in the small print but they didn't see that either. ouch, i would have been gutted. Just also mentioning that the one guy on the tube i talked too who had no entrance ticket (but did have a couple of photoshoot tickets for the saturday) i saw later in the day walking around inside the venue so he got in without a ticket.

Edited by loveamyadams

.They saw an advert in a magazine but it didn't mention any need to buy tickets in advance. info was proberbly tucked away somewhere in the small print but they didn't see that either.

It wasn't!

i think they said it was in some sci-fi magazine. Anyway, whatever the advert said they had an unexpected day wandering around london's sights instead of Olympia!. felt sorry for them as there kids were dressed up as spiderman and wonderwoman.

.They saw an advert in a magazine but it didn't mention any need to buy tickets in advance. info was proberbly tucked away somewhere in the small print but they didn't see that either.

It wasn't!

i think they said it was in some sci-fi magazine. Anyway, whatever the advert said they had an unexpected day wandering around london's sights instead of Olympia!. felt sorry for them as there kids were dressed up as spiderman and wonderwoman.

I mean there was no small print, in the SFX advert at least

It wasn't!

I mean there was no small print, in the SFX advert at least

yes thats the magazine they mentioned.

My husband (who did have a ticket) said it wasnt checked when he arrived - he just walked in.

I think maybe having an "entrance door" and an "exit door" once the queues have gone might resolve this, although I don't know how easy that is to actually set up.

the main entrance had all doors open and lots of people milling about, so crew would have struggled to manage people entering and leaving. Again, maybe having that area "out of bounds" for loitering (god i sound old) would help - so the only people in it are those either entering or exiting the event....

Saw someone on Friday, with sign asking for tickets but they probably just having a joke.

if it was the guy in the hoodie w/ the hood up, i saw him too - he wasn't even looking at the crowd so if anyone gestured at him he wouldn't have seen :-/

i spoke to 3 different people , one on the tube, one at shepherd's bush overground station and one family on the train and all of them were heading there not aware you couldn't pay on the day.Guy on the train from Birmingham with his wife and 2 kids saw me sit next to them with my Sigourney Weaver Alien T-shirt on and they said 'are you by any chance going to to Olympia'. after a short conversation i mentioned having booked the tickets from as early as you could and the guy said 'didn't know we needed tickets, just saw the dates and thought it was like last year and you could pay on the day'.I told him it was on the website and on the forum but he said they don't bother with it they just noted the event dates.They saw an advert in a magazine but it didn't mention any need to buy tickets in advance. info was proberbly tucked away somewhere in the small print but they didn't see that either. ouch, i would have been gutted. Just also mentioning that the one guy on the tube i talked too who had no entrance ticket (but did have a couple of photoshoot tickets for the saturday) i saw later in the day walking around inside the venue so he got in without a ticket.

I find it really strange that some people don't check the information, especially when they aren't from London AND they travel with children...

• Like 3

I had a guy walk up to me (I had the diamond pass for MJF round my neck at the time) asking if this was where Michael J Fox was, and would I be able to get him in to meet him. I can't be sure if he had an entry ticket or not, but I'd say its a pretty safe bet that he didn't.

Edited by Crasicus

I find it really strange that some people don't check the information, especially when they aren't from London AND they travel with children...

As someone with children I do find that quite staggering that you would go to the time and expense of travelling to an event without checking on the website the details regarding tickets. Whether I have been to an event before or it is my first time, I always make sure I know exactly what the situation is in regard to tickets. I do sometimes wonder how people manage to function in the real world !

I had a few beg for my weekend tickets on the Friday. It was pretty awful, one foreign guy tried to guilt trip me! I just had to walk away as he wouldn't take no thank you for an answer.

But I am sure there were vast amounts of people turning up on the day to get it. When you advertise they come, nothing can stop them.

Edited by RomeroSavini