What's the longest you have waited to meet a guest?

Tony1975

When Collectormania was in MK we waited 11 hours through the night to see James Marsters.A lot of the fans had been in London with him for a few events he was doing then followed him back to MK but all the tickets were gone by the time most of us got there on the Sunday so we all queued outside the shopping centre overnight people thought we were mad!. We often queued all day at the Carling Academy and the Union Chapel as well for him it was always the done thing then and we had an honour system for keeping spaces.

My first lengthy guest queue was David Boreanaz back ion 1999 and it was about 2 1/2 hours round the block at the old Forbidden Planet store and I thought that was a long time- then.

I am probably a minority but don't mind queues you meet lots of nice peeps and make new friends, as long as your fed and watered I find it quite fun.

My longest ever queue was 14 hours to sign Diana's books of condolence and St James Palace in 1997 now that was lengthy but it didnt seem so long at the time and I camped for 6 days waiting for Princess Charlotte to arrive in May outside St Marys hospital that was a blast so much fun.

Edited by buffy2k

When Metallica were promoting their film 'Through The Never', Lars Ulrich was appearing at the Apple Store in London to record a podcast. As someone who collects autographed drumsticks, I thought this might an opportunity to acquire one from him. So I got a coach to London and headed to the Apple store 4 hours before he was due to appear, got a seat right in the front row dead centre of stage. And sat there. For 4 hours. In the off chance that he might sign a few autographs.

And fortunately, he did. I was one of a handful of attendees out of hundreds who got an autograph. Well worth the travel and wait.

Monday July 4th: Got into trafalgar square around 3 - 4pm. That night we had Drunks in trafalgar square asking for water, other drunks arguing with each other and setting their dog on someone at night

Tuesday July 5th: During the day it was so frickin hot I had to take off my tshirt - later on in the day it totally bucketed it down well into the night.

Wednesday July 6th: Spent most of the time in McDonalds drying off our sleeping bags, clothes, jumpers etc.

Thursday July 7th: Alan Rickman and J.K. Rowling signed my Harry Potter DVD.

Rihanna delivered a meet and greet during her 2011 shows. This happened after the concert.

Show finished at 23:00. She appeared at 01:00. Problem was people were leaving at 23:30 fearing that they would miss their last train (they paid extra for the meet and greet). Also, it happened after the concert so people with standing tickets were very very tired. It was worth it though as there were no meet and greet add ons during her 2013 tour.

• Like 1

Camped out for Pirates of the Carribean premiere and Potter....Pirates was worth it, got everyone but Potter was always so hard and never did well. I've waited quite a few times (more than I could count) for premieres...normally from 10.30am-till it starts at 7.30pm. I couldn't do it now!

I am glad I stopped before it got impossible. I was in London before the last Hunger Games premiere to watch a show and there were people camping Sat afternoon for the Hunger Games premiere on the Monday!

• Like 1

Monday July 4th: Got into trafalgar square around 3 - 4pm. That night we had Drunks in trafalgar square asking for water, other drunks arguing with each other and setting their dog on someone at night

Tuesday July 5th: During the day it was so frickin hot I had to take off my tshirt - later on in the day it totally bucketed it down well into the night.

Wednesday July 6th: Spent most of the time in McDonalds drying off our sleeping bags, clothes, jumpers etc.

Pretty much as above, but we got there at about 1pm on the Monday

Main objective was Rowling in my book, but ended up with her, daniel radcliffe, alan rickman, helena bonham carter, imelda stauton, julie walters and a load more.

• Like 1

2 and a half hours for Stan Lee's auto last year. Worth it though - 6th in the regular queue, VQ of 30 on the Friday = Job Done.

I am now the proud owner of an Uncanny X-Men Annual #14, with the Generalissimo's signature on the front cover.

*wonders if Stan will be at the American con I'm attending and can get another one...* :smile:

• Like 1

Pretty much as above, but we got there at about 1pm on the Monday

Main objective was Rowling in my book, but ended up with her, daniel radcliffe, alan rickman, helena bonham carter, imelda stauton, julie walters and a load more.

A few hours before me :) Same as me (near enough) :)

Wow, you guys are hardcore! Respect!

The longest I waited in a queue was 1hr30mins for Mark Hamill's auto at an event in 2007 ;)

What makes me laugh was that my meeting with him lasted 10secs!

I was at the same event recognise the background in your pic :)

Would say the most hardcore (in my opinion) moment was wearing just a normal black leather jacket in January for the Morning Glory prem - I was so frickin cold and wanted nothing more than to be on a toasty warm train, then I had some hot chocolate from mc donalds and that made the World of difference and then... Well then the main man turned up and totally made the hours of waiting in the freezing frickin cold more than worth it. :)

I think a number of journalists/press/media were ALSO glad to see the main man (he who sets my Heart a flutter) turn up.

IMG01372-20110111-1840_zpsd5f6997e.jpg

• Like 1