Gold Pass Wrist Bands

For future events, I hope Showmasters change the type of wristbands used for the Gold Passes..

I've had several for different events over the past few years and they all look the same.. in fact for this event they even had at least two different things written on them..

I have a stash of used ones at home and they would be very easy to stick back together and use again.. Not through the whole weekend did I ever have anyone check it other than a quick glance..

In the early days we used to get passes with our photos on.. I'm sure these cost more, but they would be a lot more secure..

• Like 1

I'd much prefer a pass with a photo on it too. Not least because I have to stretch and force that band off after the event each day because I work at night and we are not allowed to have any sort of jewellery on (and these wrist bands are considered a hazard at my place).

For future events, I hope Showmasters change the type of wristbands used for the Gold Passes..

I've had several for different events over the past few years and they all look the same.. in fact for this event they even had at least two different things written on them..

I have a stash of used ones at home and they would be very easy to stick back together and use again.. Not through the whole weekend did I ever have anyone check it other than a quick glance..

In the early days we used to get passes with our photos on.. I'm sure these cost more, but they would be a lot more secure..

And if you are not careful you could cut you're forehead.
  • Like 1

I'd much prefer a pass with a photo on it too. Not least because I have to stretch and force that band off after the event each day because I work at night and we are not allowed to have any sort of jewellery on (and these wrist bands are considered a hazard at my place).

The whole idea of a wristband is that you can not take it off over the weekend, the reason being if you could, you could give it to someone else and if you'd have two, you could even get many people in for free: take a friend and go in, let friend take off wristband and let him enjoy the show while you walk out with your wristband to regain entry and the other wristband in your pocket to pick up your next buddy who is standing outside...). If you actually managed to take it off and put it back on without breaking it and being able to get in with it, there is indeed a flaw in the system SM should look into....

Passes with pics on them are problematic for us cosplayers though, for obvious reasons, we've tried our best not to look like ourselves ;)

Edited by Vhiper

I prefer the wristbands to having a pass around my neck - less clunky, although I can't wait to cut the excess strap off after the first day and then get rid of the pass after the event is over. I agree that some way to make it look visibly different each year would be a good idea, and that the people on the door look out for the specific changes (once you're in, a quick glance to ensure you're wearing a Gold Pass will do before entering talks, photoshoots etc., so it shouldn't slow things down too much).

• Like 1

I prefer the wristbands to having a pass around my neck - less clunky, although I can't wait to cut the excess strap off after the first day and then get rid of the pass after the event is over. I agree that some way to make it look visibly different each year would be a good idea, and that the people on the door look out for the specific changes (once you're in, a quick glance to ensure you're wearing a Gold Pass will do before entering talks, photoshoots etc., so it shouldn't slow things down too much).

I agree they should look different every year. this year mine was black with gold writing. maby next year they could beblue with pink writing or gold with blue writing or maby have the showmaster logo all round them or something just to make them look different.

Edited by stargate geek emily

The whole idea of a wristband is that you can not take it off over the weekend, the reason being if you could, you could give it to someone else and if you'd have two, you could even get many people in for free: take a friend and go in, let friend take off wristband and let him enjoy the show while you walk out with your wristband to regain entry and the other wristband in your pocket to pick up your next buddy who is standing outside...). If you actually managed to take it off and put it back on without breaking it and being able to get in with it, there is indeed a flaw in the system SM should look into....

Passes with pics on them are problematic for us cosplayers though, for obvious reasons, we've tried our best not to look like ourselves ;)

Yes, I know the reason they are not supposed to come off, but some of us work in jobs where wearing that band whilst working is not allowed - it is a safety hazard. I'd love to be able to take the weekend off completely but some professions require people to be on call and work nights.

I have never shared my pass, and never would, but there needs to be a better option. A photo pass can be kept on anyone - even cosplayers must keep a purse/wallet or something somewhere!