Diamond Pass : Is it a requirement that one person uses everything ?

I guess if you bought one between two people and one person say got the autograph and went to the talks and the other had the photoshoot and the free things for example you would technically be breaching the terms and conditions as I believe the passes are non transferable. You'd probably get away with it because it probably isn't viable to carry out checks on every pass but I guess if showmasters decided it was being widely misused then they could start putting checking in place

I guess if you bought one between two people and one person say got the autograph and went to the talks and the other had the photoshoot and the free things for example you would technically be breaching the terms and conditions as I believe the passes are non transferable. You'd probably get away with it because it probably isn't viable to carry out checks on every pass but I guess if showmasters decided it was being widely misused then they could start putting checking in place

That is correct.

I'm seeing this idea coming up more and more. I totally understand the temptation, but if this spreads further I imagine Diamond Pass Holders may be receiving those nice little wristbands in the future too for example.

Regarding the extra autographs: you can use it to get in line once, one autograph is covered. For most guests you could buy additional autographs when you went through.

Surely if you buy it then it's yours to do what you like with? I don't mean selling it on for a profit or anything but if you want to share with your partner/friend then that should be allowed! Don't be so miserable about things - it's meant to be fun! 😁👌

• Like 1

It's probably in the t&c's that you can't but as the passes only had a number on there's no way of knowing whose it is or who's using it. No way is there time or facility to check if the buyer is using it each time so make of that what you will.

we assume the corect answer to the OP would be "no" as the diamond pass is still a pass and the T&Cs say (no matter if it's a wristband, a hole-puncheable card or a printed e-ticket-) that passes are still non transfereable

this isn't to say we're sure it did happen, but the correct, according-to-the-rules reply would be "no"

The only problem to share a diamond pass is :

I go to my autograph (of christopher lloyd for example), crew punch an hole.

BUT, the diamond pass still work for priority in the line, so someone could be tempted to "give" his pass to a friend, so he can go in the line with the priority, without VQ tickets. That´s not fair for other people who are doing the line in the rules.

BUT, i don't see why i can't buy a pass (very expensive) with my girlfriend, share the price, and share the activity of the pass

One meet the guest at the autograph, one meet the guest at the photoshoot.

Edited by john.bttf
  • Like 1

we assume the corect answer to the OP would be "no" as the diamond pass is still a pass and the T&Cs say (no matter if it's a wristband, a hole-puncheable card or a printed e-ticket-) that passes are still non transfereable

this isn't to say we're sure it did happen, but the correct, according-to-the-rules reply would be "no"

You are assuming 100 percent correctly.

Surely if you buy it then it's yours to do what you like with? I don't mean selling it on for a profit or anything but if you want to share with your partner/friend then that should be allowed! Don't be so miserable about things - it's meant to be fun!

Problem is they have no means of knowing if a pass is being shared between friends or if someone has bought it with the intention of selling parts of it off for a profit. Unfortunately we have seen with this event that now demand is starting to outstrip supply that people will cotton onto that and will look for any loopholes they can exploit for profit.

When the Diamond pass idea was first floated , one concern was that I may only want to get a photo or an auto with a particular diamond guest as I may have met them before. In the most case that worked fine, as I was able to purchase a separate photoshoot for Michael Gambon for example, but didn't require an auto.

The only item I would have probably liked to have got separately was an autograph ticket for Michael J. Fox for example, but in reality to make this as part of a diamond pass was on balance the best way to manage this.

I think it probably did take some people by surprise that relatively few vq ticket holders managed to get autos from diamond guests, so I wonder if there is an option say in the future to sell a limited number of pre-booked auto tickets for guests like Sigourney Weaver outside of the Diamond Pass. Just a thought.

All this talk of people sharing passes, I'm wondering whether SM would ever consider selling joint gold or diamond passes? For example, you get one pass but it lets a couple of you through? It'd be a bit more than a normal gold but less then two separate ones. Or one day gold passes would be handy too.

<snip>

BUT, the diamond pass still work for priority in the line, so someone could be tempted to "give" his pass to a friend, so he can go in the line with the priority, without VQ tickets. That´s not fair for other people who are doing the line in the rules.

<snip>

I'm pretty sure that once the Autograph hole is punched, the diamond pass ceases to have any effect on joining that queue without a VQ Ticket.

At least, if I were manning the queue and had not been specifically instructed otherwise, that's how I'd handle it.

Brendon.

<snip>

<snip>

I'm pretty sure that once the Autograph hole is punched, the diamond pass ceases to have any effect on joining that queue without a VQ Ticket.

At least, if I were manning the queue and had not been specifically instructed otherwise, that's how I'd handle it.

Brendon.

This is correct. Once the hole has been punched for the autograph and you have left the queue diamond pass holders then require VQ tickets to enter the queue again.