We want the digital photos ! :-)

Hi, I want extra copies of my prof photos, think I read on here somewhere that better to get the digital copies as quality better than scanning and when adjusting size and image etc? :smile:

The original digital file will always be of the best quality possible, unless SM messes with it before putting them up for sale (Like converting them to JPEG's), but even then they'll blow a simple scan of the standard all-in-one private home scanners out of the water. If you've got a dedicated photoscanner though and use it properly, there is no noticeable difference. If you have a lot of pictures or like me, visit a lot of events where you get a lot of pictures, think about investing in a good scanner over paying 5 pounds (!) per photo...It'll be much cheaper in the end and you'll be the proud owner of a good scanner.

:smile:

Hello together,

I've got a question about the jpegs.
Had to order it at the Con in London?
Or how funtioniert this exactly. I would like my photoshoots
Photos as jpegs.
Thank you in advance for your help.

:smile:

Hello together,

I've got a question about the jpegs.

Had to order it at the Con in London?

Or how funtioniert this exactly. I would like my photoshoots

Photos as jpegs.

Thank you in advance for your help.

No you did not need to order them.

At some point in the next week or two the photos will be available here:

http://showmasters.photoshelter.com

You choose your photos which will cost £5 each and you can then download them.

Last year i got two photos. Summer Glau is 2784x1856 and Lena Headey is 5184x3456.

Yup thes one little problem each photographer uses a different camera. Some are far better than others. So its like the lottery when you buy the digital files. They will all be good, but some of the higest end cameras have far better resolution and quality to them.

Hopefully the Mr J Fox deloreon shoot was a top of the line quality camera as I need to crop in close to us without the car.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by RomeroSavini

Once the pictures are up. Where do I even find them?

I really need a digital copy since I want to edit it in photoshop. Scanning won`t do.

Can someone please tell me xD

I posted a link about 8 or 9 posts back where the photos can be found, but SM usually post a direct link to the pics, as an announcement thread when they are up.

I am always excited for the digital images, the cash is burning a hole in my pocket haha

I have found I have to do little photoshop editing on many of the shots from the past(mostly cropping or cleaning background marks up). It helps if the photographer had the settings well set up. Hopefully this year they are even closer and need even less if any editing.

Really interested in seeing the Mr J Fox and Sigourney Weaver prop shoots full size, very interested indeed. The lighting looks fun.

We wait :-D

Edited by RomeroSavini

Gutted looking through these. "DO NOT TOUCH MICHAEL J FOX, STAND NEXT TO HIM ONLY"

...Half of the photos people have their arm round the bloke

My thoughts exactly. Ok, so saying "half of the photos" is an exaggeration. The last page on Saturday you can clearly see 2 ladies really getting cosy with him.

What I did like is that MJF made extra effort with young kids. There's one with a young girl sitting on his lap :)