thoughts, complaints and feelings about LFCC 2015

I’m very sorry to say that, but that’s a forum and a forum should be here for that things and hopefully people of SM reading about that and changing things. I can read a lot of complaints on facebook and other sites, I really hope SM takes the complaints seriously, otherwise I just don’t know if they sell out again.

First, it was pretty clear oversold. No question about that. Saturday was really like hell. And now my other experiences: My Christopher Lloyd virtual ticket number was 35 (you probably think not a bad number…) and they told me on Sunday, no chance to get his autograph with that number. Only gold and diamond pass. On Saturday the same.

Some of the guests didn’t arrive in time to the photo shoot like Marc McClure, so I missed another photo shoot and they told me it`s my fault and I don’t get a refund. Even with a clash you didn’t get a refund, you get an autograph card or another photo shoot, but what if you got already everything you want? They don’t care.

Some crew members were nice and tried to help you with a clash, that’s totally true, but not everyone. Makes no sense. Is there no guideline for crewmembers? For example I had 3 clashes on Sunday and I tried to get the photos done on Saturday but they said no. I was already in line and the guest already finished and waiting if anyone wants a photo before he is leaving but they still said no, they keep saying my ticket is for Sunday. Even after I showed 3 clashes for Sunday they didn’t care. Is it really my fault to buy photo shoots months before SM tells me what time they are??

Photo booths are too far from each other. For example I got a photo in booth B (ground floor) and like 5 min afterwards in booth F (3rd floor). Of course I couldn’t get there in time, but again they didn’t care. On every other convention the photo booths are always next to each other.

Furthermore something really strange. I bought all my tickets in advance online, like months, weeks before. But guys who bought their ticket on the same day (with yellow on the ticket) were allowed to go right after diamond and gold pass holders. Why? They paid the same amount. A lot of guys were extremely upset about that. I know some guys will now say no that’s the old tickets but nobody checked about that. They saw something yellow on the ticket and it was fine. I know that because I bought one on Saturday as well and I was allowed to go to the front of the line, even before batch 1. That’s ridiculous.

Last minute changes specially on Sunday. Why there is no announcement? Is it too expensive to get a Speaker? And the list is going on and on.

Because I got no cash left I paid with credit card for the autograph tickets. I went to Christopher Lloyd and after they told me no autographs for guys without diamond and gold pass, I didn’t need the cards anymore, because I got already all autographs before. But at the refund desk they said, no it is not their fault and I don’t get money back. I told them I flew a few hours and I can’t go to the convention soon again but again they didn’t care. I went to many conventions in the US but I never got that bad experience before. I’m still in shock how they talked with customers.

I know a lot of other guys were really angry and many told they are never coming back (like the reviews I was reading in the last few hours all over the net).

This convention says they are one of the biggest in the world now, okay but please if you think you are one of the biggest, act like one of the biggest. Don’t forget, we, the customers, paying for everything. I talked with Neve Campbell and she said it’s crazy here, and I told her I met her on a convention in the US and she said yes it was well organized and not like that. She was so right. She couldn't reach her photo booth in time. Usually there should be somehow a way the guests can reach the photo booths or signing area in time. Please just go and see the conventions in the US.

Another point, maybe just me but could you open the convention on Friday at 9 am as well? I don't wanna stay at the convention for the whole evening. But it’s maybe just me.

Another point, because it was so extremely oversold, I couldn't get in before 9.30, but the photo shoots started at 9.30. I’m not really sure if that's really smart. I can imagine how many people missed their shoots. Let the people in an hour before photo shoots. The line moved on Saturday and Sunday at 9.15 and on Friday at 13.20, I guess because they let in the Gold first?

A guy on facebook replied after my complain about that, he got in line at 4 am and he got Christopher Lloyd because that and it’s my fault, next time I should stay there at 4am as well if I want Christopher Lloyds autograph. But sorry, I was there at 7am and I’m not getting in line at 4am. And here is why: If the convention is well organized you don’t need that.

Oh gosh I always got all my autographs and photo ops at other conventions, and even in New York City and everyone who knows conventions is aware of the crowd in New York City. And that’s the problem here.

And at the refund desk, there was just ONE woman. I was in line for 1 1/2h just to get the information I’m not getting money back. Why just one person?

And because I was reading about taking pictures at the autograph desks: I got an autograph of Iain Glen on Sunday like 4pm and he was alone on the desk with the SM Crew member and he looked already bored (no line at all, I was the only one) and I paid for 3 autographs and asked for a picture and he said no, they don’t want that. He literally said, THEY. I asked what he means and he said if I want a picture with him I have to buy a photo shoot otherwise he get problems (and the SM guy said its true). I know that's not true but he still said it. Very disappointing. I hope so much the SM guys are reading about this and not only deleting the post. It’s important to listen to the people who are paying. Otherwise I’m not sure if it’s still sold out without Back to the Future Cast.

By the way, just think: You pay for photo op tickets and can’t make it because a clash or just because there was no way to get there in time on Saturday because it was so much oversold, or because the photo op was at 9.30 and you were still outside of the venue and after you complain about that they say, no you don’t get your money back. For example you bought your photo ticket 3 months before, how should you know your photo op is at 9.30? or how should you know you got clashes? And afterwards you don’t get your money back, would you really book a photo op the next following year again? No. and that’s the reason why I just don’t understand SM in the refund matter. I’m little bit worried SM things they don’t have to change anything because they probably made so much money this year but like I said, customers don’t forget and not sure if they are coming back after a bad experience.

• Like 9

Stuff I can help with:

There is a crew member handbook. Hwoever, some people deal different with some situations than others. There was nothing the crew could have done about changing days on photo sessions though. It was made clear from the start that they are day specific and we answered that question on here repeatedly that day changes would not be allowed. There were some exceptions to this, but these had to go through the sales table. The guys at the photo booths can't authorize anything.

The woman you spoke to at the sales table was a pit boss and the sales table pit bosses are the only ones who can authorize refunds. Autograph vouchers can not be returned. Last time I had some this was even printed on the vouchers.

The tickets you saw going in were old store tickets, those looked like the tickets sold on the day but the on the day ones had a marking.

The 9.30 AM shoots were all split shoots. If you didn't make those for some reason you could simply have gone to the second one. We've been repeating that for weeks on here.

• Like 3

I had three of my photoshoots moved to different days due to clashes. I think it's more to do with how people approach the sales desk. I politely asked if there was anything that could be done because I would miss shoots due to clashes that were beyond my control. So a big thank you to Alison at the sales desk for making a difficult weekend much easier.

But I totally agree about the event being oversold. Saturday was so uncomfortable. I will not be going on a Saturday ever again.

Also have to agree about the overselling. Within fifteen minutes of being inside I was honestly feeling tearful and frustrated and thinking I just wanted to get my photos done and go. I've never felt that at a con before and was very surprised and upset that I'd ended up thinking that. I stayed, though, because we'd come all the way, but still. The saving grace was the fact that every guest I met was incredibly sweet and friendly and most seemed to share my sentiments about the overcrowding. If I had to sum up the atmosphere of the event in one word, I'd use the word stressful.

• Like 9

Im very sorry to say that, but thats a forum and a forum should be here for that things and hopefully people of SM reading about that and changing things. I can read a lot of complaints on facebook and other sites, I really hope SM takes the complaints seriously, otherwise I just dont know if they sell out again.

First, it was pretty clear oversold. No question about that. Saturday was really like hell. And now my other experiences: My Christopher Lloyd virtual ticket number was 35 (you probably think not a bad number) and they told me on Sunday, no chance to get his autograph with that number. Only gold and diamond pass. On Saturday the same.

Some of the guests didnt arrive in time to the photo shoot like Marc McClure, so I missed another photo shoot and they told me it`s my fault and I dont get a refund. Even with a clash you didnt get a refund, you get an autograph card or another photo shoot, but what if you got already everything you want? They dont care.

Some crew members were nice and tried to help you with a clash, thats totally true, but not everyone. Makes no sense. Is there no guideline for crewmembers? For example I had 3 clashes on Sunday and I tried to get the photos done on Saturday but they said no. I was already in line and the guest already finished and waiting if anyone wants a photo before he is leaving but they still said no, they keep saying my ticket is for Sunday. Even after I showed 3 clashes for Sunday they didnt care. Is it really my fault to buy photo shoots months before SM tells me what time they are??

Photo booths are too far from each other. For example I got a photo in booth B (ground floor) and like 5 min afterwards in booth F (3rd floor). Of course I couldnt get there in time, but again they didnt care. On every other convention the photo booths are always next to each other.

Furthermore something really strange. I bought all my tickets in advance online, like months, weeks before. But guys who bought their ticket on the same day (with yellow on the ticket) were allowed to go right after diamond and gold pass holders. Why? They paid the same amount. A lot of guys were extremely upset about that. I know some guys will now say no thats the old tickets but nobody checked about that. They saw something yellow on the ticket and it was fine. I know that because I bought one on Saturday as well and I was allowed to go to the front of the line, even before batch 1. Thats ridiculous.

Last minute changes specially on Sunday. Why there is no announcement? Is it too expensive to get a Speaker? And the list is going on and on.

Because I got no cash left I paid with credit card for the autograph tickets. I went to Christopher Lloyd and after they told me no autographs for guys without diamond and gold pass, I didnt need the cards anymore, because I got already all autographs before. But at the refund desk they said, no it is not their fault and I dont get money back. I told them I flew a few hours and I cant go to the convention soon again but again they didnt care. I went to many conventions in the US but I never got that bad experience before. Im still in shock how they talked with customers.

I know a lot of other guys were really angry and many told they are never coming back (like the reviews I was reading in the last few hours all over the net).

This convention says they are one of the biggest in the world now, okay but please if you think you are one of the biggest, act like one of the biggest. Dont forget, we, the customers, paying for everything. I talked with Neve Campbell and she said its crazy here, and I told her I met her on a convention in the US and she said yes it was well organized and not like that. She was so right. She couldn't reach her photo booth in time. Usually there should be somehow a way the guests can reach the photo booths or signing area in time. Please just go and see the conventions in the US.

Another point, maybe just me but could you open the convention on Friday at 9 am as well? I don't wanna stay at the convention for the whole evening. But its maybe just me.

Another point, because it was so extremely oversold, I couldn't get in before 9.30, but the photo shoots started at 9.30. Im not really sure if that's really smart. I can imagine how many people missed their shoots. Let the people in an hour before photo shoots. The line moved on Saturday and Sunday at 9.15 and on Friday at 13.20, I guess because they let in the Gold first?

A guy on facebook replied after my complain about that, he got in line at 4 am and he got Christopher Lloyd because that and its my fault, next time I should stay there at 4am as well if I want Christopher Lloyds autograph. But sorry, I was there at 7am and Im not getting in line at 4am. And here is why: If the convention is well organized you dont need that.

Oh gosh I always got all my autographs and photo ops at other conventions, and even in New York City and everyone who knows conventions is aware of the crowd in New York City. And thats the problem here.

And at the refund desk, there was just ONE woman. I was in line for 1 1/2h just to get the information Im not getting money back. Why just one person?

And because I was reading about taking pictures at the autograph desks: I got an autograph of Iain Glen on Sunday like 4pm and he was alone on the desk with the SM Crew member and he looked already bored (no line at all, I was the only one) and I paid for 3 autographs and asked for a picture and he said no, they dont want that. He literally said, THEY. I asked what he means and he said if I want a picture with him I have to buy a photo shoot otherwise he get problems (and the SM guy said its true). I know that's not true but he still said it. Very disappointing. I hope so much the SM guys are reading about this and not only deleting the post. Its important to listen to the people who are paying. Otherwise Im not sure if its still sold out without Back to the Future Cast.

By the way, just think: You pay for photo op tickets and cant make it because a clash or just because there was no way to get there in time on Saturday because it was so much oversold, or because the photo op was at 9.30 and you were still outside of the venue and after you complain about that they say, no you dont get your money back. For example you bought your photo ticket 3 months before, how should you know your photo op is at 9.30? or how should you know you got clashes? And afterwards you dont get your money back, would you really book a photo op the next following year again? No. and thats the reason why I just dont understand SM in the refund matter. Im little bit worried SM things they dont have to change anything because they probably made so much money this year but like I said, customers dont forget and not sure if they are coming back after a bad experience.

Agreed

I'm on your side with the table photos issue. It annoyed me that there were so many signs up for 'no photo / no posed photos' at the tables. The thing is I'd have liked a quick table photo with some of the guests I got autographs from, but I wasn't going to go and spend a further amount buying the posed photos for those guests I am referring to. It is a lot more money for me and it also wastes much more of my day (queuing to pay and queuing for the photo shoot). Furthermore the guests I am thinking of, like the original poster, did not have long queues. Therefore the only consequence of this is that I end up rather annoyed.

Please no comments such as 'you can't expect Sigourney Weaver to do table photos' or 'RDA was a slow signer and wouldn't have gotten through his queue for autos had he taken table photos'. That is not what I am trying to say. John Ratzenberger for example was not extremely busy (which surprised me) and he was no posed photos and the same for numerous others.

• Like 1

I feel your Pain Londonboy, I had many clashes and missed one photo shoot on Friday, Which I got forward to Saturday, then Saturday I missed three Photo shoots, I got my tickets endorsed by the sales crew to use and one was Refunded... The Red shirt Lady Crew member is always on the Desk and Refunds are never the first thing she gives you...

When you use the tickets, the crew can programme it to accept it on their device..

You must stand your ground, Point out that it's not your fault.. Photo shoots miles away from each other, Clashes etc and not accept tokens.... After all it's your money.

I think she gave up with me, I got two of my photo shoots Refunded.. But the poor people in front of me got vouchers and were not offered the refund.

I agree with only one Pit boss on the desk WHY? this queue was long, when all the other crew were just sitting there...

Next time it happens, ask to see her boss.. :smile:

SM, you really need to sort this out. :no:

To be honest, I came to the conclusion that at certain points during the day, I had had enough and wanted to get everything done and go - I wasn't getting stressed, but I just wanted some free time to myself, just to get some space.

That said, I did find that sitting down in a separate space on the floor made a HUGE difference and allowed me to rejuvenate, but again, this is just a really minor point as I had a fab weekend and the positives so far outweigh the negatives. If you get what you need done, then its worth it.

Another point, maybe just me but could you open the convention on Friday at 9 am as well? I don't wanna stay at the convention for the whole evening. But it’s maybe just me.

I think they've already said they will do this next year. Or course in my case (if I go) that means I'll have to travel up to London on the Thursday from now on.

I'd actually suggest a few things though. As a somewhat neutral observer, not getting photos or having ever gone gold.

1, Put all the photoshoots (except any large props obviously) on Level 3. Then no mad dashes between them, wide corridors to queue.

2. Let people with photoshoots before 10am in early - say 8am, but only have access to that floor. They don't get any advantage over other attendees, but are where they need to be when they need to be there. All ready to go.

3. If the event is being set up Thursday have a preview session for Golds only. Let many of them get some of their perks out the way.

4. Allow people to register at their leisure, get their wristbands from the Thursday onwards.

• Like 5

Iain Glen was a very busy guest. When I got my VT for his autograph at around 10:30 (right after my photo with him) I got #360! My number was called at around 1pm, and there were still a lot of people there waiting for their numbers to be called. I didn't leave level 3 until 2:30pm for my next photo, and there was still a long queue for him. And then, he had a second, long photo session in the afternoon. If you got there after his second photo session, maybe he wasn't busy then but I'm sure he was tired. Had he posed with every fan that day, he couldn't have signed all those autographs. Anyway, no posed photos doesn't mean no photos at all. A friend who was there took a picture of him signing my autograph. I took photos of the moment he was signing others'. They had no problems with those photos. The only thing is that the guest (Iain in my case) isn't posing.

I agree though that they had a big problem with clashes, and that there were moments when I thought it really was oversold. But I have not a single complain from the guests.

...And because I was reading about taking pictures at the autograph desks: I got an autograph of Iain Glen on Sunday like 4pm and he was alone on the desk with the SM Crew member and he looked already bored (no line at all, I was the only one) and I paid for 3 autographs and asked for a picture and he said no, they don’t want that. He literally said, THEY. I asked what he means and he said if I want a picture with him I have to buy a photo shoot otherwise he get problems (and the SM guy said its true). I know that's not true but he still said it. Very disappointing. I hope so much the SM guys are reading about this and not only deleting the post. It’s important to listen to the people who are paying. Otherwise I’m not sure if it’s still sold out without Back to the Future Cast...

This is true. Several crew members for many shows have clearly stated their intention to force the paid shoots onto customers, despite the fact that it violates SM written policy. Personally, I will not put up with inconsistent treatment at tables from crew members - it will definitely stop me from purchasing autographs. I have held back a serious 3-figure sum the past few shows because of this. That money goes now to SM competitors.

...And because I was reading about taking pictures at the autograph desks: I got an autograph of Iain Glen on Sunday like 4pm and he was alone on the desk with the SM Crew member and he looked already bored (no line at all, I was the only one) and I paid for 3 autographs and asked for a picture and he said no, they don’t want that. He literally said, THEY. I asked what he means and he said if I want a picture with him I have to buy a photo shoot otherwise he get problems (and the SM guy said its true). I know that's not true but he still said it. Very disappointing. I hope so much the SM guys are reading about this and not only deleting the post. It’s important to listen to the people who are paying. Otherwise I’m not sure if it’s still sold out without Back to the Future Cast...

This is true. Several crew members for many shows have clearly stated their intention to force the paid shoots onto customers, despite the fact that it violates SM written policy. Personally, I will not put up with inconsistent treatment at tables from crew members - it will definitely stop me from purchasing autographs. I have held back a serious 3-figure sum the past few shows because of this. That money goes now to SM competitors.

If that happens please please please go and tell a Pit Boss or mention it at Organisers Booth. As you are saying, this is not SM's policy. But if no one lets someone know this is happening not much can be done. Neither the Pit Bosses nor the Organisers Booth or TooTall are psychics.

It was a great weekend but it was obviously very crowded, a bit disorganised in places, and quite stressful at certain points.

The best thing I did was head outside for some fresh air every few hours to escape the crowds.

However, I must say that every single crew member I met seemed helpful and was doing their best in quite difficult circumstances. The Chris Lloyd autograph queue and photo area's A and C spring to mind.

The layout needs more thought next year and better communication needs to be employed.

And please invest in some of these for the weekend!

http://www.yahire.com/index.php/tensa-barrier-hire.html

I'm on your side with the table photos issue. It annoyed me that there were so many signs up for 'no photo / no posed photos' at the tables.

This isn't Showmasters policy, this is applied by the guest and/or their agent. We don't know if this will be applied until the day, and sometimes we're asked to change it part way through the day due to pace of queue progression because the guest wants to see as many people as possible.

There are a number of guests I would love to meet and can't afford, and even as crew No Posed Photos or No Photos applies to us as well.

Sorry, but this one is out of our hands.

This is interesting, because, I went to last years LFCC, as a gold ticket holder, and posted some feedback, as well as many others did. We were told at the time that Showmasters was learning from it, and these issues would be dealt with.

They've evidently not, as the same issues are mentioned here, and throughout other threads. People pay alot of hard earned money to attend these events, get autos, and photos, and meet their idols. As customers, who spend money, its about a decent experience.

I'll be skipping next years too at this rate, as Showmasters clearly aren't learning from experience. Maybe some new talent is needed, who understand how to run large popular events, or training for existing staff.

• Like 2

My feelings on this years show was that there were too many problems , it made the show much more work than it should be , it should be an enjoyable experience not a hard slog, i had some clashes with photo shoots on the Sunday ,however with the help of the guy on C we managed to sort them out . i do think that it would be a good idea to have all the photo shoots on the same floor, Traders on another floor, guests on another and Diamond somewhere else , also either limit the Diamond passes or maybe have them Diamond Exclusive , not that i had any but it would take away all the crowds of people trying to get VQ's for guests they had no chance of getting to see and blocking up areas

Anyway, not sure if i'll go next year , will have to wait and see

The tickets you saw going in were old store tickets, those looked like the tickets sold on the day but the on the day ones had a marking.

True, but not all crew seemed to know the difference which is quite important imo if you're in charge of organizing lines for photoshoots!

People who bought a shoot for Alexander Siddig on the day were put in front of those who bought tickets online the day of his announcement.

I know for a fact because there were no old store tickets for him, every yellow ticket was a ticket sold on the day, and i needed to go through fast because i had to go to Carice Van Houten's shoot at another booth. Still, despite my eticket batch 1 i was told "yellow tickets first" by the person in charge, to whom i adressed the concern, and he said he didn't know.

So i wouldn't be surprised this happened at other shoots too.

Edited by God L'Eponge

I didn't even realize Alexander Siddig had still gone on sale online. I was at that shoot too and have to apologize for jumping the queue then. I would have said something too had I realized e-tickets had been sold too.

That won't be an issue next year anymore thankfully as there are no more old store tickets. Then it's generally "yellow tickets go last."

I agree with much of the above. Saturday was horrible. Too busy and the queues for stairs and lifts were a serious problem. Photoshoots must be on one level so people can get from one to another more quickly. And, A was moved but the change not marked on all the floor layouts so we spent a while searching for a non-existent photo area. I'll not be coming for 2 days again because it's just not the fun it used to be. It was also a shame that the cosplay was so tucked away. This is so much part of the whole event and felt a bit sidelined. And maybe the poor crew at the photoshoots could do with megaphones!!

• Like 3

I'm on your side with the table photos issue. It annoyed me that there were so many signs up for 'no photo / no posed photos' at the tables.

This isn't Showmasters policy, this is applied by the guest and/or their agent. We don't know if this will be applied until the day, and sometimes we're asked to change it part way through the day due to pace of queue progression because the guest wants to see as many people as possible.

There are a number of guests I would love to meet and can't afford, and even as crew No Posed Photos or No Photos applies to us as well.

Sorry, but this one is out of our hands.

Just as an aside, great work over the weekend Luke. Hope you've gotten your voice back.

• Like 1

One of my biggest problems (and not just at this event) is the delay in the majority of guests getting to their signing areas. With all the complaints about people failing to get autos, surely it makes sense to have ALL guests ready to sign at 9am when the doors open.

• Like 1

...And because I was reading about taking pictures at the autograph desks: I got an autograph of Iain Glen on Sunday like 4pm and he was alone on the desk with the SM Crew member and he looked already bored (no line at all, I was the only one) and I paid for 3 autographs and asked for a picture and he said no, they don’t want that. He literally said, THEY. I asked what he means and he said if I want a picture with him I have to buy a photo shoot otherwise he get problems (and the SM guy said its true). I know that's not true but he still said it. Very disappointing. I hope so much the SM guys are reading about this and not only deleting the post. It’s important to listen to the people who are paying. Otherwise I’m not sure if it’s still sold out without Back to the Future Cast...[/size]

If that happens please please please go and tell a Pit Boss or mention it at Organisers Booth. As you are saying, this is not SM's policy. But if no one lets someone know this is happening not much can be done. Neither the Pit Bosses nor the Organisers Booth or TooTall are psychics.

Sorry but I don't believe that happened at 4pm with Iain Glen (can't say anything about the rest of the guests, obviously I just met some of them and have no idea about what was going on at other tables). Iain's second and last photo session ended at 15:30. Why would a SM crew member tell you to buy a photo? Besides, you say SM guy. Don't know which guy you're talking about because Iain's SM crew at the table was a lovely girl.