Films Showmasters should celebrate for 2016

Here's a list of movies that were released in 1986 (Yes I am an 80's fan) that Showmasters could celebrate:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Labyrinth

Flight of the Navigator (compliance!)

Highlander

Howard The Duck (Yes really)

Three Amigos

Star Trek IV The Voyage Home

Top Gun

Stand By Me

Aliens

SpaceCamp

The Hitcher

Big Trouble in Little China

The Fly

The Golden Child

Movies from 1976:

Rocky

Taxi Driver

Carrie

Logans's Run

How about for an event this year we have a celebration of Jaws? My all time favourite and celebrating it's 40th this year. <ahem> Richard Dreyfuss.

Edited by thebeardedtrio
  • Like 1

I wish that celebrated "The Goonies" this year, from your list I would like "Ferris Bueller", "Labyrinth", "Flight Of The Navigator", "Stand By Me" and "Big Trouble In Little China". Love "Aliens" too but that had plenty of the stars this weekend :)

• Like 2

The Top Gun cast would be astonishing! I know there's little chance of Tom Cruise or Meg Ryan attending, but the others are achievable.

* Val Kilmer

* Kelly McGillis

* Tom Skerritt

* Michael Ironside

* Tim Robins

* Anthony Edwards

* James Tolkan

• Like 2

Here's a list of movies that were released in 1986 (Yes I am an 80's fan) that Showmasters could celebrate:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Labyrinth

Highlander

Three Amigos

Top Gun

Stand By Me

Aliens

SpaceCamp

The Hitcher

The Fly

The Golden Child

Movies from 1976:

Rocky

Taxi Driver

Carrie

Logans's Run

How about for an event this year we have a celebration of Jaws? My all time favourite and celebrating it's 40th this year. <ahem> Richard Dreyfuss.

You missed out short circuit
  • Like 1

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Labyrinth

Highlander

Three Amigos

Top Gun

Stand By Me

Aliens

SpaceCamp

The Hitcher

The Fly

The Golden Child

Movies from 1976:

Rocky

Taxi Driver

Carrie

Logans's Run

Oops! I did didn't I

I would say labyrinth 30th anniversary with special guests david Bowie and jennifer Connelly, special photoshoot with david Bowie in goblin king makeup and with goblin king's chair and inside goblin castle background

Edited by Litafan83
  • Like 7

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Labyrinth

Highlander

Three Amigos

Top Gun

Stand By Me

Aliens

SpaceCamp

The Hitcher

The Fly

The Golden Child

Movies from 1976:

Rocky

Taxi Driver

Carrie

Logans's Run

Oops! I did didn't I

And have you also missed out Platoon :-) which i think has got a awesome cast

• Like 2

Honestly, There are A LOT of films that "could" be celebrated every year..In our opinion, they shouldn't celebrate something specific every year (or...at all, even) - we appreciate the fact that a lot of fans want to see these actors in one room again, but if it's the same as it was with this lfcc, we also feel as though these "specials" tend to cause a very niche market and narrow down the variety of guests (or even narrow everyone's views on who's "supposed" to come) severely (this year, the guest list was so focused on the BTTF/Star Wars (which is basically celebrated EVERY TIME) /Elm Street celebrations, top that with a buckload of DR who guests and you had the majority of guests listed

no specials, please

• Like 1

I would say labyrinth 30th anniversary with special guests david Bowie and jennifer Connelly, special photoshoot with david Bowie in goblin king makeup and with goblin king's chair and inside goblin castle background

Good luck trying to get Bowie out in public :D

would be epic if they can get Dan Aykroyd ( since Ghostbusters will be hot again) or Jeff Goldblum ( to promote Independence Day 2 ) , heck they should add Sam Neil and Laura Dern now that Jurassic park is back too.

• Like 1

Thinking about it, First Contact is 20 years old next year. #FeelingOld

Breaking away from the anniversary trend, the cast of Warehouse 13 would be awesome (and I would imagine easier to get than some of the 'bigger' shows...). Or things like BSG or Firefly would be epic attendee-pleasers I would imagine ;-)

• Like 1