Autograph dealers-who is the real deal?

Hi guys

ok here we go, as it was my first time at a con I was not used to how it all was run and like the knob I am I missed a few people out on Friday and id love to have there autographs and I know the odd's of showmasters getting them to come over again I was wondering if any one knew of autograph dealers who sell REAL signed items?

I think im going to just have to buy them as Ill never get another chance :(

any help would be great there was a guy at the lfcc but I lost his card on the way home and for the life of me cant think of his name.

so far all ive seen is re prints, and items that could be fake :(

many thanks in advance

michael

• Moderators

celebrityinkautographs.co.uk are affiliated with showmasters if that helps, unfortunately advertising isn't allowed on the forum so we can't really go into anymore as they're nothing to do with SM.

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1

Who were you after out of interest? You said it was your first con so if any of the people you want are regular attendees such as Robert Englund then it'll be worth waiting til they come again.

the crew kept turning me away for Robert but im doing Bournemouth so hope to meet him then as im crew on 2 of the days. where do I start, I missed Ricky dean logan, as I thought they were all in 1 place lol and when I found out where we was he had gone to the bttf talk and I had to leave soon after :(

im a fan of a nightmare on elm street so id like to collect them all but from what I hear its very rare to get the other cast members in the uk

The poor dealers get a hard time on this forum!

When buying from a dealer I look at the following:

- Is the dealer well-established and a member of a trade organisation such as UACC?

- Does the price seem realistic- if its "too good to be true" I avoid

-Look at other examples-does the signature and the handwriting compare favourably?

- Is there any provenance (history of ownership) or even a photo of the person signing the item?

There are no guarantees but there are many reputable dealers, Celebrity Ink being among them.

I've never bought an auto from a dealer or online. I'm sure most of them are legit, but unless it's signed right in front of me, I'm not interested. I saw dealers selling MJ Fox autos for £200, but I'd rather pay £445 and have it signed in front of me.

• Like 2

I've never bought an auto from a dealer or online. I'm sure most of them are legit, but unless it's signed right in front of me, I'm not interested. I saw dealers selling MJ Fox autos for £200, but I'd rather pay £445 and have it signed in front of me.

This all over. Plus I prefer when an autograph is signed 'for me' - it adds to the sentimental value.

I am a con lingerer. I dont leave at kick out time, I linger when its quiet and watch stuff happen, get packed away etc...

Many times I have seen guests pack up, stick it all in their bags and wander shopping and sometimes go to dealers at cons and say howdie (they obviously know each other) then proceed to sign loads for the dealer. Little sights like this interest me and I feel nice seeing it happen.

I will still never buy from a dealer, I want it in person for the buzz of meeting the person. Still it is interesting to watch these things happen once most people have gone home :-)

• Like 1