Who else missed autographs because they didn't know about them bei

I only found it Sunday by which time I was too late to get a VQ with a low enough number. Went on Friday to do a bit of recon and was told there was no level three it just looks like that on the plan. This was buy the staff of the Olympia itself. Once I was on level three another member of Olympia staff also told me there was no way down even though it was clearly marked as the down staircase an I had already been down once! I ignored him and told someone on the next level down that he was giving out false information. Some of the staff are just part timers so are poorly trained and informed. There was always going to be issues with it spread over so many different levels and areas.

• Like 2

In all fairness, I asked a number of people working there on Friday how I could get to the 3rd floor, as I was doing a bit of recon for the next two days and wanted to know my way around. None of them could tell me! I found it myself early on the Saturday (thankfully, as I had talks and autos up thete over the next two days) but I was concerned that a number of the people working the show didn't think there was a level 3 or didn't know how to get to it.

• Like 4

Me.. well.. might be my own mistake/fault/problem... i missed it because I was stressed friday, confused a little bit with the levels, map,

When I found the Elevator there was only a Shield with Info to the Gamezone but haven't reconized that I can get above to Level 3. Found it out late Saturday afternoon but had to go down again because of photoshoots in the Ground-Area.

Yes I had the same issues like Wayward One. Also where I could let my luggage storage for a while. I found it (by luck) in Level 1. I was wondering why this wasn't on the Ground Floor.

Sunday: lol.. the Elevator was all the time FULL!!!! :thumbdown: and scared me a bit.

:whistling:

Edited by Swissangel4616

I went all weekend luckily on Friday we did not need to go up to level 3 but on Sat/Sun all the GoT guests were up on level 3. On the Saturday we tried to find the Staircase to level 3 and it did take awhile but eventually I found the staircase to all levels and went up. Sure it was hard to find at first but we just opened our eyes and looked at all the signs and eventually found it. I did not end up missing any autos and the 3rd level was just the best place to chill out :D

Edited by Siva

I knew I had some guest autos to collect from Level 3 from the floor plan, but I had to go to the organizers' desk to ask how to get to Level 3, as I could not find stairs going up there (although I later discovered that some do). As I started talking, I noticed the lifts on the floor plans and said I suspected I'd answered my own question and the staff agreed that the lifts were the way to go (so presume they didn't know about the stairs either?). Went and checked those out; saw the queues and decided not to risk it in case I couldn't get back down, so focused on Ground and Level 1 stuff until I had a nice big chunk of time, then went up to Level 3 and got all my autos in one go. Mind you, I was lucky enough to a) have a Gold Pass and b ) no photoshoots in area F, unlike some poor friends of mine. With luck that will be sorted next time once SM has taken on the feedback.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

It may be my high level of over-organisation, but this was my first ever showmasters comicon ever, and I only attended Sunday and found all the levels throughout the day quite easily... It would've been difficult to not notice the entire Game of Thrones cast, all the wrestlers and many major guests were no where else to be found!

Aside from a small break to eat some chips and my 2 photoshoots, I think my entire Sunday was spent waiting around Level 3 for Iain Glen/Rose Leslie autographs.

Those chips though.

So wrong, yet oh so right.

Hmmm....

I almost missed out on RDA's autograph because a crew member told me he had been moved up to Level 3 and by the time I got up there, realised the error and back down to Level 1 I ended up with a much higher VT than I would have had.

Aside from that though Level 3 did not have any adverse effects on my day. It was quite nice up there!

I agree that they didn't make it clear how to get to level 3 (and the floor plans beforehand didn't even seem to have a level 3?), but we were lucky enough to run into an amazing member of Showmasters staff on Saturday who actually cleared a way in the crowd for us and led us the whole way across the floor to the staircase! =)

I agree that they didn't make it clear how to get to level 3 (and the floor plans beforehand didn't even seem to have a level 3?), but we were lucky enough to run into an amazing member of Showmasters staff on Saturday who actually cleared a way in the crowd for us and led us the whole way across the floor to the staircase! =)

The plan that I saw released on here before the show, which was the same plan that I saw at the show, definitely had a level 3 as I used it to plan out exactly where I needed to be and when before I went. I didn't have any issues finding the stairs and lifts, just getting down them after the Aliens talk on Saturday which took 20mins! They fixed this on Sunday. Edited by Wrong Name

I didn't know there was an extra room on level 3 where all the sunday only star wars actors were sitting.

Someone had to tell me on this forum sunday where i could find them. I saw some surprised faces of people who happened to walk past the room to find out there were more guests in there.

The plan that I saw released on here before the show, which was the same plan that I saw at the show, definitely had a level 3 as I used it to plan out exactly where I needed to be and when before I went. I didn't have any issues finding the stairs and lifts, just getting down them after the Aliens talk on Saturday which took 20mins! They fixed this on Sunday.

Ah, maybe I just printed it off super early then! Lucky we ran into that staff member regardless =)