Just an idea with autos and diamond passes and v tickets

Am I the only one who thinks the v tickets are a waste of time. I knew many who got one but never got a autograph. Diamond pass holders should have their own time slot to get their autographs and scrap the V tickets. Meaning, if you want an auto, que like every one else.

I know some one who almost missed getting an auto due to diamond pass holders and gold pass people walking in front of him.

How would you decide who was at the front of the queue when it opens without a VT? The VTs don't guarantee an auto - just put you in the queue if the chance arises.

Diamond and then gold pass holders should be in front of other people too. They've paid highly for that priviledge. If you don't buy one then you run the chance of missing out. That's life. (And I say that as someone who saw Bill Paxton and Sigourney Weaver on Saturday with only a VT).

• Like 3

Diamond and gold shouldn't be put in front of anyone, they're only allowed to join the back of an already existing queue. If someone with a pass is put in front of you in an autograph queue, don't be afraid to tell the crew member the rules.

• Like 1

For me :

Diamond pass is great if you want GUARANTEED autograph and photoshoot with the guest of your dreams. (But you have to pay for it, that's life....)

GoldPass : I can agree they need a VQ ticket for Diamond guest, because they can enter 10min before the opening, and get a Low VQ nimber ticket.

Goldpass : for VQ ticket guest : Join the back of the line is OK, because it's not a long time.

Goldpass for a regular guest, need an improvement, because Guests like Ray Park, Lea Thompson, Claudia Wells, ect... does'nt have a VQ ticket on saturday, and so we have to queue very long time.

So, 2 options :

"VQ tickets for EVERY GUEST"

or Goldpass can get in the front of the line if the guest is not a VQ ticket guest

Diamond and gold shouldn't be put in front of anyone, they're only allowed to join the back of an already existing queue. If someone with a pass is put in front of you in an autograph queue, don't be afraid to tell the crew member the rules.

Not a diamond pass holder, they are called first. It make sense to me, they paid a lot of money to have a GUARANTEED autograph and photoshoot.

Scrapping VQ tickets would be a nightmare. They give the ability to do other things planned while having the chance to join the queue later when your number is up. Without that, queues would be crazy long, people would have to keep losing their place to go get to their scheduled stuff, and overall everyone would be very unhappy!

I remember a few years back on the Friday 3hr preview for LFCC when they weren't doing VQ tickets for guests. It was a complete nightmare and it was a fraction of busy compared to now. It would take ages to see each guest joining the back of an overlong queue. I would like to see more VQ tickets given out for guests not less. There were a number of BTTF guests (and others for that matter) not on VQs yet had very long queues everyday they were there at LFCC last weekend.

I missed out on an auto with RDA, and I saw gold pass people going to the front, not the back. I've also seen at least TWO of them admit on here they went back THREE times. No wonder I didn't stand a chance. VQ tickets are a good idea, but they need tweaking. Yes Gold's should have SOME priority, but blimey, three times!!!!

• Like 1

How about reserving a VQ ticket through the store before the show? It would still be first come first served. A bit like preordering an item online that puts you in a queue. Still pay for the autograph at the desk as we do now, bit when you get to the line, show your digital VQ ticket to the crew member.

This would also save on paper and save having to wait for the batch of tickets like what happened with Christopher Lloyd on Friday.

So in all, there wouldn't be a change to the current queue system at the show itself, you just 'pick up' your VQ ticket online beforehand.

How about reserving a VQ ticket through the store before the show? It would still be first come first served. A bit like preordering an item online that puts you in a queue. Still pay for the autograph at the desk as we do now, bit when you get to the line, show your digital VQ ticket to the crew member.

This would also save on paper and save having to wait for the batch of tickets like what happened with Christopher Lloyd on Friday.

So in all, there wouldn't be a change to the current queue system at the show itself, you just 'pick up' your VQ ticket online beforehand.

I think that would only be feasible if the autograph is sold with it. Otherwise a lot of people would just grab up those VQ tickets beforehand and not even show up or get the autograph. They did a test with selling autographs for Jeri Lyn Ryan. That system seemed to work.

Not a diamond pass holder, they are called first. It make sense to me, they paid a lot of money to have a GUARANTEED autograph and photoshoot.

If it's a diamond pass guest then yes DP holders should go first. But as soon as they start letting VQ's in, then DP's should be joining the back of the queue.

If it's a diamond pass guest then yes DP holders should go first. But as soon as they start letting VQ's in, then DP's should be joining the back of the queue.

That was as it had been outlined to me, correct.

I find that if you want a guarantee, you MUST buy a diamond pass. Especially with the guests you want to meet who you know are going to be popular. Anything else, you MUST have a gold pass.

Although this was my first con, it basically guarantees you will get everything you want to do - that said, I missed a photo session with the tombstone prop, but to me, that wasn't a major thing and also I didn't pick up the goody bag for gold pass users since I was already lugging around a lot by that point and was getting quite tired.

That was one of my minor complaints - the main kitchen was too small and when you have 80k + public members turning up, it doesn't make sense, but that was a very small gripe since I had a fabulous weekend.

we had diamond passess for Christopher Lloyd and we still struggled to get our autographs because there were so many people trying to do the same thing, there were also many gold pass holders complaining that they were constantly being asked to come back later. In the end we had to sacrifice the back to the future talk with M J Fox in order to get the autographs included with our pass. We had to Que for a long time but we did get the autograph and we did get vouchers in exchange for the talk tickets but it wasn't exactly a good experience.

I would like to sugest that for future diamond pass guests you allocate a diamond pass only signing session so that everyone knows that is our allotted time, a little like the photo sessions. I beleive I received an email telling me that my included photo session would be the slot on Saturday and not at any other time. This seemed to work pretty well.

I think this year, I got lucky as I managed to do everything I needed to do with minimal hassle. I only missed the tombstone and the gold pass goody bag, which I heard wasn't that great, but can't make judgment since I didn't collect it as by that point, I was knackered out and had lots to carry.

The tombstone unfortunately clashed with one of the talks so I had to make a small sacrifice there but as it was only a prop shoot (albeit a good one), it wasn't a major disappointment.

Overall a great weekend and I would strongly emphasise to buy a gold pass and diamond pass for guests you know are going to be popular - so glad I bought diamonds for MJF and Robert Englund. Robert was just brilliant - just seems so natural. The makeup shoot was fantastic. MJF I only had seconds with and can't make judgment, but seamt fine too. I felt sorry for him because it must have been tough for him but if it all goes toward a good cause, then that's great.

or Goldpass can get in the front of the line if the guest is not a VQ ticket guest

This would be the most unfair thing for non GP fans. You could be the next in line to meet a guest then a GP gets in front of you, you're now No 3 in line. You get back to being No 2 in line and another GP turns up, back to being No 3 again. Now imagine that happened with another 50 GP's. A non GP fan could stand in line for absolutely ages without ever getting to the front.

• Like 1

This system work really well; has done since it was first introduced; again that is when people actually leave the signing area and when there aren't too many people that have been let into the queue.

As far as I was concerned - Gold passes didn't get priority for Diamond guest - that was made very clear on here before the event. I got two diamond passes as that was the only way to guarantee an autograph. I doubt they would put a cap on the amount on Diamond Passes sold because these were what made their appearance possible. Technically they did have a cap and if they sold out completely I would be very surprised if any of the regular ticket holders or gold pass holders would have met them.