Next year?

What is the other event with similar customers?

In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.

There will be little effect having another event in July. LFCC had well over 100,000 attendees and the percentage of those who would pick the Dark side and miss out on attending LFCC 2016 is tiny.

• Like 2

I'd be surprised if there's an LFCC in July. There's another major event during the same month and it will attract similar customers. I personally can't afford to attend both in a single month and I know that'll be true for most customers. If they chose to have it the week before or after the competing event, then I doubt the LFCC will sell out next year.

Well, they're doing a spring one which is supposed to be Star Wars focused. They'll likely just focus on other stuff at the july one, there's a ton of stuff that wouldn't be represented at that other one.

Personally, I'd choose one which focused on multiple franchises.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'd be surprised if there's an LFCC in July. There's another major event during the same month and it will attract similar customers. I personally can't afford to attend both in a single month and I know that'll be true for most customers. If they chose to have it the week before or after the competing event, then I doubt the LFCC will sell out next year.

There is one planned by all accounts as mentioned by someone else earlier on the goodie bag for gold pass holders there is dates for upcoming shows and the spring and summer dates are on there

Oh, I received one of those bags... shows how much attention I was paying ;)

Guess I'll wait to see what guests are announced then choose an event to attend :D

It's ok I hadn't either until someone pointed it out this morning

I would go again next year but it would depend on what guests are announced.

And if SM do manage to get all 6 halls I really hope they don't oversell it.

Use the extra space to make things more comfortable for attendees and have a serious re-think about the layout.

• Like 5

Use the extra space to make things more comfortable for attendees and have a serious re-think about the layout.

well said couldn't agree more, Saturday was awesome but god damn it was hard work!

Well, they're doing a spring one which is supposed to be Star Wars focused. They'll likely just focus on other stuff at the july one, there's a ton of stuff that wouldn't be represented at that other one.

From the advert I don't think its just about Star Wars - guests from the entire saga and tv and film stars etc etc.

Two big events in the same month would have one advantage, you will have loads of American and other overseas visitors in London that month, who've never met all the Stormtroopers and other SM regulars many of us met years ago. Besides this Winter's event moved to avoid a direct clash. You can save for two with a years notice.

What is the other event with similar customers?

In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.

There will be little effect having another event in July. LFCC had well over 100,000 attendees and the percentage of those who would pick the Dark side and miss out on attending LFCC 2016 is tiny.

I know people who've never attended an official event who've already bought tickets for it. Last one sold out.

• Like 1

Same here.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan but I would prefer to go an event that has multiple genre's and/or franchises.

• Like 1

Yet to see an official communication on the Forum or Website, but...

Spring London Film & Comic Con - 27-28 Feb 2016

Summer London Film & Comic Con - 22-24 Jul 2016

and I expect...

Winter London Film & Comic Con - no date yet (typ. Oct/Nov)

Damn I was hoping the Summer Con would be the week before that (on my birthday!) This means I'll have to book off more annual leave at work.

well said couldn't agree more, Saturday was awesome but god damn it was hard work!

Myself and a mate were only there for Saturday, arrived at 9 and got in at 10.30.

It was a bit hectic trying to get our bearings and getting worried that we wouldn't get everything done.

We did enjoy it and got everything we wanted but you're right 'it was hard work' compared to last year anyway.

For me 22-24th would be the best as 22nd july is my birthday :-) selfish i know and this year was my first event sadly could only attend friday but i loved it and now maybe hooked and am really looking forward to next year :smile:

same here mines 23rd so fingers crossed we'll have epic birthdays next year lol happy birthday :)

Not very good dates as both of them are a week after another convention.

Not very good dates as both of them are a week after another convention.

That's happened for years. Winter is the week before another convention.

Someone has said on Facebook Spring is instead of Collectormania in Milton Keynes, but I don't know if they've been told that or that's just speculation..