Lack of flexibility

I had same problem with Christopher Lloyd shoot was like military movement which don't get me wrong with that amount of people I get but the woman was like as soon as the flash goes you move n I said I'm not walking into someone's picture

It was so rushed I was half looking at camera and said this was I was given my print n told I could go back along with a few others for reshoots

For the amount of money everyone paid it could have been slightly more relaxed I honestly from my job understand keeping a queue moving but this was a once in a lifetime meeting for us

• Like 3

Sorry but the photographer should have checked your son's pic and done a second one anyway without you asking - if the attendee isn't even looking at the camera then I think the photographer has failed on a pretty fundamental level.

• Like 3

Sorry but the photographer should have checked your son's pic and done a second one anyway without you asking - if the attendee isn't even looking at the camera then I think the photographer has failed on a pretty fundamental level.

Yes, we might say it was a simultaneity of errors by the photographer, the guy who checks the printed pictures and the man in the red shirt.

Anyway, still waiting for SM to tell me, here on this forum, that this is a great photo and there was no reason at all to retake it. Although, an apology accompanied by a substantial voucher might also do the trick. I know the event was wrapped up only three days ago and they need to sort out things, so no worries: I can wait, I am patient. Obviously, they should apologise to my son, who is not on the forum, but it's OK: I will pass their message on.

• Like 1

my problem isn't so much with blurring or eyes closed. I had a clock photo with Christopher Lloyd and although the picture looks alright the photographer who took it didn't do the best job. Christopher is right on the edge of the photo. Any further to the right and he'd have been almost cut off. I understand that there were a lot of people meeting Christ and Michael but the way the queues were handled and the speed the photographers tried to race through just made it seem less worth the money. when you spend £85+ on a photo shoot you expect a couple more seconds to make sure the picture is as good as it can be from the photographer. Especially with Michel when many couldn't get his autograph.

I agree that when you spend this amount of money on a photo shoot, you should come away with a great experience and a great photo (even if that means staying a split second more so at least you're looking at the camera, or in the position you want to be). And if this means them selling less photo shoot tickets then so be it. They shouldn't oversell it and then panic about getting everyone through! My Chris Lloyd delorean shoot was actually more relaxed and I felt like I had just the right amount of time. It was on the Sunday morning and there was a technical problem, so the shoot started 20 mins late and I think Batch 3 were told to come back later. Anyway I had the photo taken and as I tried to get up, he held tightly onto my hand and said "I don't think she got that" so I had a 2nd photo taken and he said "that's better". When I went to collect my photo they said I had to choose which one I wanted as I had only paid for one. They were only going to throw the other one away, so I think that's a little unfair considering Christopher was the reason they took 2 photos and it wasn't my fault! As for my MJF photo shoot, he spoke to me and said "I like your dress" and I look like I'm about to fall over on the photo (probably from shock. lol) Actually it looks a bit like I'm crouching to go to the toilet. haha! I was annoyed she just took the photo before I had even realised or managed to get myself positioned. They should at least wait for that. She was just yelling at me whilst Michael was paying me a compliment! Of course I'm going to listen to him and not her!

All my shoots were fine I will say (busy, crowded and a mess at times, but the meeting the guests for a few seconds was fine).

I say all, but apart from the dire way the MJ Fox and Delorion shoot was done. Pathetic is the only way to describe it. For 95 quid it was a shambles being cattle pushed about and raised voices. I had no time to find the camera either, that alone is dire!

People were not give time to crouch or get up! I have bad knees at the moment and being shouted at to move doesnt make me move any quicker. No matter how loud someone screams haha

Poorly done and no good menories now of "meeting" Mr J Fox. I do not think I had a chance to even look at Mr J Fox, that says it all....

Poorley organised to say the least.

• Like 3

I agree that when you spend this amount of money on a photo shoot, you should come away with a great experience and a great photo (even if that means staying a split second more so at least you're looking at the camera, or in the position you want to be). And if this means them selling less photo shoot tickets then so be it.

Exactly! The advantage of the photoshoot, as opposed to a picture at the table during autographs, is to get "a better picture, in focus, taken by a professional with a nice background". If this is the quality we are getting ... well, I can show you pictures at the table taken by my son with a lousy canon of a much superior quality.

• Like 1

I think they do owe you an apology for this picture. This is all kinds or ridiculous especially given the circumstances and the lack of willingness to re-shoot.

Jason, seriously, that one is on you. Let's see what you can come up with here...

Thank you for your support!

That is really sad to hear, i thought reshoots were allowed if you weren't happy with the picture, I got another chance with Rose Leslie on Sunday because I am considerably taller than she is and the photo was cut in a way that my head was touching the the upper edge and I did not like it, I was allowed to go again and advised to crouch a bit, which I did and the second photo came out much better. Sorry to hear about your bad experience :/

• Like 1

It is always sad to see a picture people are not happy with. Some will not speak up because it takes a certain person ussualy to say hey I am not happy with this photo to the staff at the time. Some do nit have the courage or just lack confidence at that time.

So for someone to speak out and still not get a reshoot is just sad to see. That why I personally think the photographers should always double tap when taking photos, grab two photos in quick succession. I try to always shoot at least 2 of everything on burst mode, why not.

I can understand why it cannot be done (speed of checking two, then pucking the best), but hey its a thought.

• Like 1

what i dont get is all the photos i have seen of michael or Chris with the delorian people are croching, but when i had a delorian picture with Claudia Wells we were allowed to sit on the Plutonium Case and was a lot more comfortable and relaxed

• Like 1

It is always sad to see a picture people are not happy with. Some will not speak up because it takes a certain person ussualy to say hey I am not happy with this photo to the staff at the time. Some do nit have the courage or just lack confidence at that time.

So for someone to speak out and still not get a reshoot is just sad to see.

Yes, I asked twice but the man in red shirt still refused and kept saying that, after all, it was a great picture.

That is really sad to hear, i thought reshoots were allowed if you weren't happy with the picture, I got another chance with Rose Leslie on Sunday because I am considerably taller than she is and the photo was cut in a way that my head was touching the the upper edge and I did not like it, I was allowed to go again and advised to crouch a bit, which I did and the second photo came out much better. Sorry to hear about your bad experience :/

My wife had a similar problem with Sigourney Weaver as she is smaller than the actress. My wife was so happy to have her picture and didn't think much about it. On our way back to Clacton, on the train, we did realise that the picture was not really good. You can see my wife's head floating near the bottom edge of the picture - although the picture is not great (considering that it was shot by a "professional", allegedly provided with some sense of proportion and aesthetics) it is still within "acceptable" parameters and she is cool with it. I had a similar experience with Buzz Aldrin (I am tall, he is not) and the height difference really doesn't make the composition great.

what i dont get is all the photos i have seen of michael or Chris with the delorian people are croching, but when i had a delorian picture with Claudia Wells we were allowed to sit on the Plutonium Case and was a lot more comfortable and relaxed

That was actually a good idea.

I had same problem with Christopher Lloyd shoot was like military movement which don't get me wrong with that amount of people I get but the woman was like as soon as the flash goes you move n I said I'm not walking into someone's picture

I don't particular like the authoritarian tone of this lady - I think there are other ways to tell people to move along.

• Like 2

Holy understatement , Batman :(

"Did he get the opportunity to kneel down?"

Kneel before Zod !!

Edited by 007 spells Bond

Don't shoot me for this haha. But in the photos when you were looking for the cameraman. Couldn't you see where he was while waiting in the queue so when you went in you knew where he was? I was in the particular mjf Delorean shoot but I can't imagine you couldn't let see it.

Don't shoot me for this haha. But in the photos when you were looking for the cameraman. Couldn't you see where he was while waiting in the queue so when you went in you knew where he was? I was in the particular mjf Delorean shoot but I can't imagine you couldn't let see it.

Don't worry. I am not shooting you (I usually hire a hitman for this types of operations :D ). Legitimate question. Firstly, while we were waiting, we stood in a sort of shady area; when we emerged from that to go and pose by MJF we needed a few seconds to adapt our eyes to a very illuminated area; plus, there were other people (2 or 3) next to the photographer and you really needed a couple of seconds before detecting him with your eyes. I mean, nothing major but the thing is that we were even denied the time to look where the objective lens was. Everything was really hectic. The photographer usually shouts "3...2...1!" before clicking: this gives a good indication that the picture is about to be taken but we didn't get it this time.

I agree with you on this, but in this case Michael J Fox is sitting in front of you! You could forgive people for not looking at anything else.

The strict rushing here is to blame. They need to think that some people may be nervous, unable to rush etc, and being shouted at will not help these people.

I'm sure if the crew members photo's were not perfect that they would still see it as a great picture.