Crewman Luke

Sorry but I'm not agreeing with this one, I followed his advice in relation to my Sigourney photo-shoot after having had it barked at me. He then took my own schedule print out to help others and having taken his advice like I'm sure others did, I missed my Rey Mysterio shoot downstairs which finished 5 minutes after Sigourney's. So I'm not going to praise on this occasion I'm afraid. And the attitude came across as very bad and rude!

Sorry I came across this way and that you missed Rey. Many of the photoshoots overran, and although the advice I gave early on was valid at the time, it became less applicable as time passed. I know its no consolation after the day, but I really am sorry. Thank you for letting me use your schedule, it was of great use. On the Sunday they had given us a large poster schedule and floor plan on a near by wall, but on the Saturday I didn't have a full schedule to hand. For my next convention, I'll make sure I have one so I can have a clearer view of clashes.

• Like 4

I know he was losing his voice but he was very stroppy in the MJF shoot on Sunday, and was not making things clear and then complaining when the wrong people moved into the queue, if you say gold pass holders and batch 1 tickets everyone who has batch 1 tickets will move into the queue, to then yell at them with an " I did not say that" when the exact wording was also written on his board was just plain rude. He then changed his wording after another member of staff had a quiet word to him to gold pass holders WITH batch 1 tickets but like someone else has just said I can't praise him this weekend based solely on his rude yelling at me when we were only doing what he'd said.

At sherlocked though he was great and clearly not too frazzled, maybe the heat and lack of voice were getting to him but still manners cost nothing and I dare say a few bucks spent on megaphones wouldn't go a miss either.

Sorry I cam across as a bit stroppy and rude, it was not my intention, but there is no excuse for it. I realised that my "Gold and Batch 1" was being mistaken for "Gold or Batch 1" (the pedant and mathematician in me not realising they would be read the same way) and the word had with my collegue was to ask him to shout out the with, rather than my colleague having a word with me. I hope the rest of the convention went OK for you.

At Sherlocked my voice didn't give out until last thing on the Sunday, here I'd lost most of it by the end of Saturday, it was frustrating for me to not be able to use my voice effectively, but as I say about, its no excuse. Again, I am truly sorry.

• Like 1

Area A was defintive the biggest crowd and craziest area...

I say: bigger the star names is, so much smaller will be the brain of the fans.

It was clever by him to use a shield. They should do this generaly at an weirdo Area like A had been :whistling:

Showmaster learned from previously events to using now a shield at the Photo area and written the celebrities name: as I have mentioned to do this (3 years ago in the forum) because its loud, some people (fans) are hard hearing/deaf...

It was so good so far: but... after one Celebrities photo Shooting.. the name should be changed for the next one.

I have wanted to go for Carrie Henn but still Marc McClures names was written on the shield. And then was there a actor called Michael....

It was bit confusing

anyway... it was fun :dance::clap::dance: and good chance to meet and talk with other fans.

Just want to say thank you to everyone for this thread. Its very overwhelming for me to see that I had an impact like this, and I take the criticisms with the good so that I can improve for future shows. All of this praise extends to my crew family at SM. I may be out front, but in the photoshoot areas alone you have the people processing the tickets, the people handling your bags and coats, someone to guide you into and out of the shoot, our amazing photographer, someone checking the quality of your picture before handing it to you, as well as a nutter in red willing to keep an eye on us all and deal with any issues. Extend that to the 8 photo areas we had, 3 talk areas, numerous signing pits, green room, front door, sales, as well as the organisers and technical teams and you have a phenomenal number of crew without whom their absence would be noticeably missed. Feel free to follow me on my other handles (see my profile), but please note that i reserve Facebook for those who I know personally. I hope to see you at future events, my next one being Sheffield! Thank you all again.

• Like 12

I know he was losing his voice but he was very stroppy in the MJF shoot on Sunday, and was not making things clear and then complaining when the wrong people moved into the queue, if you say gold pass holders and batch 1 tickets everyone who has batch 1 tickets will move into the queue, to then yell at them with an " I did not say that" when the exact wording was also written on his board was just plain rude. He then changed his wording after another member of staff had a quiet word to him to gold pass holders WITH batch 1 tickets but like someone else has just said I can't praise him this weekend based solely on his rude yelling at me when we were only doing what he'd said.

At sherlocked though he was great and clearly not too frazzled, maybe the heat and lack of voice were getting to him but still manners cost nothing and I dare say a few bucks spent on megaphones wouldn't go a miss either.

Sorry I cam across as a bit stroppy and rude, it was not my intention, but there is no excuse for it. I realised that my "Gold and Batch 1" was being mistaken for "Gold or Batch 1" (the pedant and mathematician in me not realising they would be read the same way) and the word had with my collegue was to ask him to shout out the with, rather than my colleague having a word with me. I hope the rest of the convention went OK for you.

At Sherlocked my voice didn't give out until last thing on the Sunday, here I'd lost most of it by the end of Saturday, it was frustrating for me to not be able to use my voice effectively, but as I say about, its no excuse. Again, I am truly sorry.

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply i really appreciate that, I truly hope for your sakes that they invest in a mic or megaphone for you for next time and that the shoot area is in a much better safer place. I truly think the heat and crowds got to everyone this weekend and I sincerely hope some lessons are learned for next time!!

Luke was the standout crew member for me over the weekend! Very well organized and a true gent! I was personally shocked how well he managed over the immense pressure of some of the shoots and for me he was polite, pleasant and more importantly fair the whole time through! If anyone wants to say he came across rude etc just take a second to think about how hectic the day/weekend became at certain points and how you'd react in his shoes.

Well done mate!

I was at the Saturday MJF shoot and Luke did an excellent job of keeping people entertained during the wait and making us laugh e.g. after batch 1, writing batch 1.5 on the board. Everyone rushed forward thinking it said batch 2, made us all laugh. Just little things which helped to difuse some of the frustrations of waiting really made a difference. Well done!

Felt Luke did a reet canny job all things considered with the sheer number of people floating around for Attwell/Weaver/Gambon photoshoots. Having my specs with came in handy as stood well clear and kept eye on his sign inbetween reading my book.