Crewman Luke

I know he got a mention in the thread about the crew but I feel he deserves his own thread so it doesn't go unnoticed,

He had the unenviable task of trying to make photo shoot area A run smoothly which with the amount of people going through was never going to be an easy task but he did a stellar job, whether shouting or waving a board around he was always calm, as helpful as possible and jovial for most part too.

One suggestion to anyone who reads this, we as attendees could make his and others jobs a lot easier if we were a bit more sensible...

the amount of people with batch 5 or 6 tickets that were standing right on the edge of the queue area, not looking to get moved through quicker because of clashes who would not stand further back as if getting in everyone's way would make the process quicker. We all know that diamond passes and gold passes go first, we know what order numbers go in so if a shoot starts at 1 why would you start queuing at 12,50 if you are batch 6? At least this would stop Showmasters getting flack for how crowded everything was...

Anyway, back on point. Great job Luke, you da man!

• Like 11

I'd like to say the duo (Luke AND Chris) on shoot A did a perfect job under such stressful situations. They kept everyone informed, had a laugh and joke to eleviate the crowd and stern when needed.

It would make everyone's (crew and visitors) job and experience less stressful if visitors listened to the crew and what was being said.

• Like 3

Add me to the list of giving props to Luke. I managed to give him a quick "well done" in person which he appreciated. Good communication and the jokes on the white board eased the wait time and the stress/heat.

• Like 1

Completely agreed. I've been to quite a few conventions for Showmasters where Luke has been crewing and he's always been phenomenal. Luke and Chris were both terrific in photo A! I've also got to give a special shout-out to the big blonde man running photo B. He was also fantastic all weekend. As was Phil for Hayley Atwell's first photo session on Sunday. Having a great crew member can be the difference between a great experience and a nightmare, so their hard work and booming voices are greatly appreciated...I hope Luke's voice returns soon :smile:

• Like 1

Absolutely agree!!! Luke was amazing. There was a lot of stress in the Robert Englund as Freddy photo shoot area, wondering how the heck they were going to get through all the Diamond passes in such a short space of time. He managed to relax everyone with his great organisation and good humour.

• Like 1

Sorry but I'm not agreeing with this one, I followed his advice in relation to my Sigourney photo-shoot after having had it barked at me. He then took my own schedule print out to help others and having taken his advice like I'm sure others did, I missed my Rey Mysterio shoot downstairs which finished 5 minutes after Sigourney's. So I'm not going to praise on this occasion I'm afraid. And the attitude came across as very bad and rude!

• Like 1

If this was the guy managing the queue for the first Rose Leslie shoot, I agree he kept things running smoothly. Very blunt when I arrived and asked if I could queue with a batch 1 ticket with an answer of "NO!", but I appreciate he was just doing everything he could to keep things organised.

I didn't speak to many of the crew, but another that I thought did a good job was the one managing Rose's autograph queue on Sunday afternoon. Didn't get his name, but he was the asian guy, that's all I can remember. He was getting a lot of flack from a lot of people and was being asked the same questions every 20 seconds but he remained friendly and helpful throughout.

• Like 1

Luke was amazing!!! Despite losing his voice he kept us all entertained and I loved that he put the batched numbers up in square root form :P

I would also like to thank Chris (He helped Luke on the Sunday) who let me go into my Rose Leslie photoshoot waaaaay earlier than I should of done. Hey I was willing to wait till the end when I was meant to go but hey if a crew member lets you go early then you go early :P

I know he was losing his voice but he was very stroppy in the MJF shoot on Sunday, and was not making things clear and then complaining when the wrong people moved into the queue, if you say gold pass holders and batch 1 tickets everyone who has batch 1 tickets will move into the queue, to then yell at them with an " I did not say that" when the exact wording was also written on his board was just plain rude. He then changed his wording after another member of staff had a quiet word to him to gold pass holders WITH batch 1 tickets but like someone else has just said I can't praise him this weekend based solely on his rude yelling at me when we were only doing what he'd said.

At sherlocked though he was great and clearly not too frazzled, maybe the heat and lack of voice were getting to him but still manners cost nothing and I dare say a few bucks spent on megaphones wouldn't go a miss either.

Edited by ericsdonor

Wookie Wookie Wookie! *dances* he spoke to us Friday eve whilst waiting for Christopher Lloyd to have the longest sandwich ever, and I was a little bad tempered because my feet were broken but he was so chirpy :D

"I have lost my voice but that won't stop me from being loud"

:D

He was insanely awesome and I am glad he gets so much praise as this is exactly what I thought and said when i patted him on the back yesterday and thanked him for a job well done!