The Rose Leslie appreciation thread.

I waited what seemed like an eternity for the chance to get her autograph as the VQT were ridiculously high & then of course there were all the Saturday folk as well. My number was 204, so really didn't think there was any chance of getting one.

Met her at her 2nd photo shoot first & was quite chatty in the time that we had, asked how I was, brief chat & then mentioned I had been trying to get her autograph all day.

My JDF Photo Shoot was at 5:00 p.m., after I was finished there I thought I'd head back up & see what it was like for Rose's autograph & the line was quite short, it was now about 5:30 or just after & wasn't even sure if people were still allowed to join, but I chanced it & sure enough you were, but they were saying no personalisation's, which personally, I absolutely hate, I just like to have my name on everything. Anyways. I get up to her & she remembers me from the photo shoot & was very appreciative I came back to try & get her auto so she personalised mine. She was just so warm & friendly & an absolute pleasure to meet.

And as others have mentioned, that beautiful beaming smile of hers just never seemed to leave her Face the entire time of shoots or autos.

I usually just go for the usual smile and embrace photo with guests but I'd heard that Rose was particularly friendly and approachable. Therefore I wanted to try something a little more imaginative; here was the result!

Sadly I didn't get to get her auto afterwards because of the queue. I spent my four second pre-picture period explaining my photo idea so I wanted to talk to her again afterwards so that I tell her that I am actually not smug, as I look in this picture - I was just in character! I'm so happy with how this turned out and that I got to meet her though. Amazing guest. 11752621_10153632623835695_6324432225628

• Like 5

I usually just go for the usual smile and embrace photo with guests but I'd heard that Rose was particularly friendly and approachable. Therefore I wanted to try something a little more imaginative; here was the result!

Sadly I didn't get to get her auto afterwards because of the queue. I spent my four second pre-picture period explaining my photo idea so I wanted to talk to her again afterwards so that I tell her that I am actually not smug, as I look in this picture - I was just in character! I'm so happy with how this turned out and that I got to meet her though. Amazing guest. 11752621_10153632623835695_6324432225628

That is an amazing picture right there!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

She was lovely! I didn't get the autograph, but my boyfriend and his brother were really happy with their experience. In the photo shoot, she was very busy due to her cancellation on Saturday, but she was not rushing anyone and took the time to make everyone feel welcome. And always smiling.

I met my two TV crushes, Athos y Jorah Mormont (both actors were really nice), but I came back in love with Ygritte hahaha :smile:

• Like 1

Yep. Agreed with everything already said. Rose was arguably the 'guest of the convention' for me. So friendly, so genuinely appreciative, and so talkative at the autograph table! The perfect convention guest.

She is a genuine person who loves her fans and as you saw she liked to talk, she really worked hard and tried to speak to all that she could.

• Like 1

OMG yes! I went in for the photoshoot and as I walked over she was like 'Hi, how's your day been so far?' I had no idea what to say (honesty may not have been the best policy as I'd had to get assertive to get the shoot!) I explained I was also a Downton fan so it was double fandom for me, meeting her. She then said 'It's a cracking show, isn't it?' Lovely lady and very sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute star & great in every way!! Seemed really happy to be there! Even when she had the massive queue to get through after her shoot she still tried acknowledge you being there. Very happy with how my photoshoot with her turned out as well!!

Guest of the show for me!!! :thumbup:

Edited by madmilburn