Random Acts of kindness...

The random act of kindness that comes to mind for me was when Crew Member Chris (Photo area A, Sunday, Rose Leslie shoot 2) came up to me and whispered that I should go in with the next batch of people. I had a Saturday on the day ticket and was meant to go last but he let me go in with the batch 3 people! If he ever reads this, Thank you so much!!! :D

• Like 1

I helped a girl get her photo with Rose Leslie signed by her. Her VQ ticket nr was waaay higher than mine, so i helped her get the photo signed.
And the day before that, I gave away my VQ ticket for Sigourney Weaver, to a guy that had been quing and not getting in because of his high number.

So hopfully I made the day for those two people. :)

Hey Johnnyrock99 - I believe that may have been me who gave you the Sigourney VQ, and I am absolutely chuffed that you got to meet her!

This is what I love about cons - that VQ could have ended up a soggy mess in my inside pocket on the way home, or it could give someone a once in a lifetime opportunity. Looks like I picked the right chap to hand it to :)

Dorgris, if this was you, thank you so much for the ticket as without it I would never have met her on Saturday.

It was totally random and a really nice gesture, if you are at a con the same as me in future I will be sure to repay you for that very nice gesture indeed.

Thanks again!!

Not a problem at all! I remembered the number - 127! Not sure how many attendees that VQ got through, as I was given it by a friend who randomly saw me in passing. Just so happened that I was heading straight up to David Bradley as I had a bit of time to queue for him! Ahh chaos theory...! And no repayment required at all, I'm just really happy that it got you what you wanted :)

• Like 1

I have to admit, I was at both ends of the spectrum: I started off helping the older lady with all her things in the queue, inquired how to get to the actual con (gold queue people were confused on friday, no signs to tell us: get one floor up and then down on the other side) and had a bunch follow me, helped a LOT of germans find their way around to photo shoots and autograph areas, explaining them the VQ system - and then i ran into a swiss guy who had trouble understanding a pit boss at the photo shoo ticket sales area. I jumped in and after inquiring if he understood german I tried to explain to him what she was talking about, just to be the recipient of a very rude and pissed off behaviour where I first just gaped at him and then decided to turn away and let him go under, his attitude was just revolting.

I did say thanks a couple of times, I did say sorry a LOT of times (mainly because I had to squeeze through crowds on sunday morning having three parallel photoshoots on two levels - mayhem) and I seem to remember that I accidently ran into a bodyguard (luckily he was not with a guest and hence did not have the ure to shoot me or something :coolthumb: )

Good times, but yeah, manners flew out the window on occation :angel:

i don't really remember doing anything too big for another. i did make it a thing to be very careful around cosplayer's with big impressive costumes as i have poor balance and stumble and fall against people easily. i made sure to be polite if i did do this and constantly said excuse me and thank you when trying to get past people. i did give my hat to a joker cosplayer in the syfy cam line who was using his hand to fan himself as the hat used as a fan brings on a lot more cooling air lol.

I met another star trek cosplayer on sunday and he had a walking stick. i told him how silly i was for forgetting mine and bless him he asked did i want to use his for a short time. i declined as i know myself how much you depend on sticks when you have it but stayed and chatted to him for a while, he was lovely.

a very kind young lady offered to take me into a talk with her as she was allowed to take a carer because she saw I was so disappointed to miss my Neve shoot! I couldn't go but it was very kind of her :king:

Edited by jenn29
  • Like 1

oh! i forgot to mention the awesome cosplay people in charge of the cosplay area. my costume fell apart on saturday and one of them saw me struggling to sew the side of my costume as my hands were shaking (combination of adrenaline and too much caffeine lol) and without me asking she offered to help. she took the needle and got on her knees next to me so she could work on it better and did some really good stitch work on it, it didn't budge all day. thank you so much!

• Like 1

Saw a lad pass his VQ ticket to a lass in front of me in the Christopher Lloyd queue right at the last knockings saying he had to go.

Within 5 minutes that number was called and off she went into the queue.

She looked super chuffed, so credit to that lad.

That was me. Figured I could at least make someone else happy with the Christopher Lloyd ticket if I couldn't get him :smile:

• Like 3

Two friends helped me out with lower VQs that I desperately needed and another gave me a pack of throat lozenges when I mentioned getting a sore throat. A tip for future vendors, lozenges would make people like me extremely happy. I was really desperate towards the end as all I could find were sweets and that's not helpful when your throat feels like sandpaper (no matter how much water and juice you drink)

My friends and I got off the train and didn't know which way to get to the arena. We saw someone cosplaying as the 10th doctor who kindly led the way for ourselves. I also made a point of thanking Brendon and the red shirt lady at the haley atwell queue who let us go for our photoshoot and come back and join the queue. Manners cost nothing.

• Like 1

My lovely friend gave me his Michael Gambon VQ ticket (29) or I'd have ended up with something around the 115 mark, even with my Gold Pass. Otherwise it was just nice things like people holding other my place in the canteen queue so I could leave it and grab something extra (and me returning the favour), receiving and passing batch info or directions to guests on to others, thanking and being thanked when it came to holding doors for others and loads of "Sorry" flying about whenever people bumped into me and vice versa. Lots of kind people there.

I helped a woman in a wheelchair get through a packed area of the convention whilst cosplaying cap as I found the shield was a handy way of clearing a path.

As the one in the wheelchair I was so grateful. Captain America is a real gentleman! Thank you :)

• Like 1

I helped a guy get a Lea Thompson autograph on Friday as he'd been back and forth all day , and even with a gold band , had struggled. Also helped some guys on Saturday , with advice on getting a chance to see hayley as their vq was too high and weren't going the next day.

Edited by andrewrolar

At the BttF talk on Sunday, as everyone was crowding round to get their posters as they left, my mother, who was in a wheelchair, began to have a panic attack and a very kind woman handed her the posters we needed so that we could get out of there without having to try and make our way to the desk.

If you read this, thank you so much!

I helped a woman in a wheelchair get through a packed area of the convention whilst cosplaying cap as I found the shield was a handy way of clearing a path.

That was my mum in the wheelchair with me pushing, thank you so much for your help! It was very hard getting round at times and it was a lovely thing for you to do :) Edited by MHop78

Thank you to the very kind lady in MJF photo queue who gave me some of her water! I was absolutely gutted I had left my water on the table in MG photoshoot and that was a long wait without water! It was do hot! That was really kind of you, hope your photo came out well (you went in long before me as you were GP) :)

I was on my own on Friday and it was lovely the amount of people who were involving me in their conversations whilst waiting in the many queues. Especially the people in the Neve Campbell second photo session. Very kind of you all, thank you. This is what Cons should be all about :)

1) Thankyou to the girl assisting Gary Kurtz on Sunday who let me sit my my pregnant ass down on a chair and offered me water as I wilted in the overcrowded first floor

2) Thankyou to the lovely lass who traded VQ tickets for JDF so I could get my daughter to her all time hero sooner (and get myself out of there before I collapsed). As proof karma exists, I later saw one of JDF's selfies of the event on f/b - the above mentioned lady was right near the front in the shot :-)

Bless you both xx

• Like 1

Met a guy on the friday who missed out on his hero, Christopher Lloyd, even though he went straight for the tickets when he got in...got him VQ ticket 33 on the saturday first thing l was inside, made his day. Never saw him again afterwards though, so hope he got his auto. This whole vq ticket thing is why l have a gold pass though, so l don't need to worry about this....still sad that has changed with DP's...