Random Acts of kindness...

With some of the negativity going around, did anyone commit any random Acts of kindness?

For me I committed a few:

Help a fellow con attendee in a wheelchair onto the bus.

Held the door open for a lengthy period on the stairs with no thanks even though trying to get through myself.

Made an Iain Glenn fans day by giving her my Vq ticket for his auto. She had one in the 440+ region. When I left at around 1130ish (was heading home) they'd only just called 130. Mine was 159. I hope it made her day.

Fell free to post your good deeds if you were "raised proper"

• Like 7

I was the recipient of a good deed - someone on Twitter offered to give me their VQ ticket for RDA as they had a lower number than me! Was one of the few highlights of the day for me, and was much appreciated even though we decided not to stay and see if he would get to the number (I don't think he did!). :smile:

• Like 1

1. I didn't push people out of my way

2. I allowed people to stand infront and behind me in the queue

3. I allowed people like Michael J Fox, Sigourney Weaver, Richard Dean Anderson to vandalise my photograph

4. I allowed Michael J Fox, Sigourney Weaver, Richard Dean Anderson to have their pictures taken with me

I was very good this weekend.

• Like 13

On my way to lfcc and on the way home with my many bags and suitcase I've been shoved out of the way and pushed in front of to get onto trains. But, there's been a few fellow con goers who have offered help and I want to thank those people again because they restored my faith in humanity :) one guy helped me off the train without even asking. And thank god he did I would've struggled and probably fallen off the train

• Like 1

I didn't actually get to do anything random but I was on the end of some incredibly generous act of kindness.

I was in the David Bradley queue on Saturday and the person behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said "Do you want this vq ticket for Sigourney Weaver as I'm not meeting her" I looked at the ticket and the number was 127 and I already had 405! I snapped the man's hand of and thanked him so.

I went down to Sigourney's area and although it was a slim chance I would be getting in as she was over running on a photoshoot and only doing 30 minutes more of signing, the crew eventually called up to 130 after a 45 minute wait, I got in the queue and thought this it, I'm in!

We were then told by the pit boss that the last 14 people in the queue might not be getting in and I was 13th! The queue started to move quickly and I thought surely we can get in.

After a few minutes the pitt boss was looking like she was going to say no more people but credit to her she had a quick look and seen three people left with me in the middle, she said come on thats it and be quick.

I couldn't tell you how relieved and excited I was that I actually got in, but then I also got to meet Sigourney Weaver and may never have the opportuinity to meet her again, I even decided to get an extra 10 x 8 on top of getting my Ghostbusters and Aliens posters signed.

She was great and looked quiet hot for a mature lady, she took her time with all the guests and she actually looked at the items and asked where we wanted them signing, and I was very suprised that she actually put her character names.

For me it topped off an already great day, especially as I went with the conception that I might not actually get to meet her.

If I ever see the chap who gave me the ticket I will definately be buying him some beers.

Credit also needs to go to the pitt boss for being honest and then to actually taking a quick look at the queue before making her decision to stop letting people in.

Big thanks to Sigourney Weaver for getting through the last of us and taking her time when signing and making her signature a once in a lifetime opportuinity for me.

All that is left to do is for me to repay those acts of kindness as soon as possible and as it goes past it on.......

Edited by johnnyrock99
  • Like 3

I gave someone a hayley atwell VQ ticket number 122 they had 400 plus hopefully they got the autograph they wanted ... the crew member never took my ticket off me ;)

Did same for jason david frank got my autograph and crew member never took my ticket I had number 19 so I gave it away to someone who had 200 plus

Got Robert Englund number 61 ... then decided not to get his autograph gave that away to someone who looked disappointed in the high number that he just got on his ticket

Crew member should of really took my tickets ;)

• Like 1

Offered my sunscreen to another cosplayer when we were in the sunshine outside and held a bit of her wig out of the way as she applied it. And standing aside and letting people pass before me because I wasn't on an especially tight schedule.

Also huge shout out to the two absolute gents who carried my suitcase up the stairs on Sunday when I was struggling with that and my nightmare chiffon dress. I don't even know why I didn't think of using the lifts, I was so uncharacteristically frazzled that morning. I was so grateful, you are utter diamonds.

I gave some guy in the Colette Hiller queue my Sigourney Weaver VQ ticket. He had one that was over 300 and mine was 110 or something like that.

People were extemely nice and friendly throughout the weekend and that's what made it so awesome for me.

• Like 1

I was in line for Julian Glover's auto on Friday. After being there for about 20mins, the line hadn't moved and I noticed that the guy up front was getting multiple items (I'm talking WAY more than 5) not only signed, but getting full paragraph quotes written on them. A lot of other people were getting annoyed at this too (one lady even spoke to a Pitboss about it). Once the guy had gone things started moving better, but I was then getting close to having to be at my next photoshoot. The act of kindness comes where the guys in front of me in the queue let me go before them so that I could get to my shoot. Many thanks to them for this. I did make it, but only just!

• Like 1

Thanks to the gentleman in front of me in the Rose Leslie queue who offered to let me go in front of him as my photoshoot time was vastly approaching. I didn't need to but thanks for the offer. Have to say that all the regular attendees in the auto queues were brilliant.

I was in line for Julian Glover's auto on Friday. After being there for about 20mins, the line hadn't moved and I noticed that the guy up front was getting multiple items (I'm talking WAY more than 5) not only signed, but getting full paragraph quotes written on them. A lot of other people were getting annoyed at this too (one lady even spoke to a Pitboss about it). Once the guy had gone things started moving better, but I was then getting close to having to be at my next photoshoot. The act of kindness comes where the guys in front of me in the queue let me go before them so that I could get to my shoot. Many thanks to them for this. I did make it, but only just!

I hate it when folk just get way over the limit of items signed which of course delays everything when it shouldn't shouldn't it be told to people in the queue the amount of items that can be signed? It happened with someone in front of me when I was at the Sherlocked event the guest was down for signing 1 item only but this person got 5-6 items signed instead it was frustrating as I had other things I needed to do. Anyway I'm glad you made it to your shoot in time :smile:

• Like 2

My friend was RAK'd on Sunday. He was waiting for Rose Leslie's auto and two girls came up to us and asked if we had VQs for her and what the numbers were (they were calling 1-80), he and another guy waiting said their numbers - 155 and 448 or something - and the lovely ladies said they were leaving and they could have theirs... Numbers 90-91!

My buddy got through the queue pretty soon after and I think it made his day.

If that was you, please make yourselves known, would be lovely to say thanks again

Hey Johnnyrock99 - I believe that may have been me who gave you the Sigourney VQ, and I am absolutely chuffed that you got to meet her!

This is what I love about cons - that VQ could have ended up a soggy mess in my inside pocket on the way home, or it could give someone a once in a lifetime opportunity. Looks like I picked the right chap to hand it to :)

• Like 2

Saw a lad pass his VQ ticket to a lass in front of me in the Christopher Lloyd queue right at the last knockings saying he had to go.

Within 5 minutes that number was called and off she went into the queue.

She looked super chuffed, so credit to that lad.

A VERY kind girl gave me a VQ ticket for hayley atwells autograph i was 421 in the queue and her gave me her number 78 ticket and i CANNOT THANK HER ENOUGH. I probably wouldn't have got her autograph with my number so i am eternally grateful and if she's reading this, THANKS!!!

also, the people who actually just said 'thanks' when you held the door open for them (they were a rare breed) and a 'sorry' when they bumped into you.

I was chatting to a girl dressed as Poison Ivy in Bill Paxton's queue yesterday when he went for a photo shoot about 3PM, she was telling me that she was thinking of leaving the queue as had her Robert Englund 'Freddy' photo shoot soon and wanted to get a drink beforehand. I told her that there was a place to get water just along from us and if she went I would hold her place in line for her. She came back with her drink and thanked me, but then decided to leave his queue a few minutes later as there was still a while to wait for him to come back.

Whoever you are I hope that you managed to get Bill's autograph and that you was also pleased with your Freddy photo shoot.

Hey Johnnyrock99 - I believe that may have been me who gave you the Sigourney VQ, and I am absolutely chuffed that you got to meet her!

This is what I love about cons - that VQ could have ended up a soggy mess in my inside pocket on the way home, or it could give someone a once in a lifetime opportunity. Looks like I picked the right chap to hand it to :)

Dorgris, if this was you, thank you so much for the ticket as without it I would never have met her on Saturday.

It was totally random and a really nice gesture, if you are at a con the same as me in future I will be sure to repay you for that very nice gesture indeed.

Thanks again!!

• Like 1