LFCC 2015 - SOME HONEST FEEDBACK

I must say that I'm surprised by some people's negativity, which started even before the event. I agree that the photoshoot areas should be located on one floor or simply close to each other, nevertheless, I had a great time. The outside queue was managed very well on Saturday, there were many people from the staff helping and informing the attendees where to line and overall managing the queue.

Yes, the situation on the 3rd floor wasn't good aroud the noon on Saturday, but I think it's also because there are no photoshoots at that time and guests slowly leave for lunch, so the attendees have suddenly nothing to do than to eat or look at the stalls. I think that this part of the day is critical at every convention.

I have only possitive things to say about the crew at photoshoots areas, Delorean area, signing areas and the people sitting next to guests. Everyone I met was nice, polite, helpful and well informed. I personally had absolutely no issue with any member of the crew, the issues I had were with some of the fellow attendees.

Guys, it's NOT OK to suddenly block the stairs because you want to take a photo!!! :no: It's not wise to sit down right next to the end of the stairs, I almost stepped on people who were eating there. I also overheard one attendee talking to a member of the crew and I couldn't believe how rude the attendee was! :no: Some people had panicked for no reason here on the forum before the event, so I wasn't that surprised when I saw people with Batch 5 turning up for the morning photoshoots, but I can't believe that they refused to leave! This is one of the reasons why some of the photoshoot areas were so overcrowded.

On a more personal note, I still can't believe that two women laughted at my accent... :thumbdown:

It's easy to blame SM for everything, but some people should start using the common sense and think about their own behaviour.

• Like 5

Thought it was awful really. the experience.

I've become so disalushoned with the big events now and this years LFCC was the last straw. I'm certainly evaluating how many guests I meet and how much money I spend at the big ones from now on.

Friday was quite busy and very hot so much so that it made me turn up on the weekend in shorts and vest.

Saturday was just so crowded and outrageously hot, now ok I'm a big guy but I wasn't the only one suffering. The venue had been over sold imo. I think ppl seem to forget it may be under venue capacity but that capacity wasn't done with 500 stalls, 7 shoot areas and 3 stages in mind. (those numbers might not be correct lol but close enough)

Almost all my photo shoots are crap cos I'm bright red from the heat in them.

The shoot areas were like a zoo, very uncomfortable ESP level 1. And ground too near the aisles and stalls with little queue space. Separating them on on different floors was foolish. I missed a Friday shoot cos a ground floor shoot overran and it took me ages to get up to shoot A (it being in a different spot to the posted online spot didn't help either and I was basically told tough luck)

I also saw the madness that was the stair queues, i heard the venue staff (some of whom I know from my last job) say if a h&s had visited they would have closed the show down on Saturday.

Sunday was much better but still too hot causing similar issues for me.

Level 3 was lovely (I wasn't there when it got mad on sat lunch time)

I feel they are at the level now where they need to hold guests and such activities in one hall and stalls ect in another. Shoots were starting late cos it was taking longer for the guests to get to shoots at this one.

The shoot boards were a good thing but some Did't use them. Others had out of date info and shoot A was hugging it so you couldn't see it half the time.

Kenny bakers signing queue was too close to shoot Es queue area which also blocked one of the stair cases to the other levels.

Robert E diamond pass holders on Sunday went without their guaranteed autograph because it took so long to do the make up shoot. How exactly the time for this wasn't known prior is beyond me. So ppl with diamond passes with guaranteed autograph didn't get it. That's outrageous, SM offered ppl a £25 showmasters voucher or told them their diamond pass would allow them an auto at a future show with Robert.

bigger signs (perhaps more overhead ones especially when using multiple floors) were needed.

the venue was just too hot though, ruined the experience for me.

I've disliked attending the big shows for a few years now and this was the worst yet for me personally. So as I've said I will be evaluating how much I do at them going forward.

On a positive note. Amazing line up and all the guests I met were lovely.

Edited by timelord81r

My major issue was that was no information whatsoever that Alexander Siddig was going to attend. As a massive Stat Trek fan ( I attended all 3 DST ) it was a big thing for me. I only find out he was in when I saw at his signing table. I coudn`t make his photoshoot due to clash with MJF talk and it was the only photophoot he was doing. Thankfully the girl assign to Mr.Sidigg was ever so nice as to ask him if he wouldn`t mind getting up from the table and pose for a proper photograph with me. She even took the photo herself. Where is a will there is a way. as my grandmother always say or something like that.

OH..... photoshoots.

I had Batch 2 Friday photoshoot with Christopher LLoyd. I went to the first photoshoot and been told to come back later. As I was plannig to stay the entire day and I didn`t have clashes with the second shoot I went away. I came back for the second shoot and was told they are still on batch 1 and probably it is going to be it for the day. So I asked what about my ticket and get the replay " Oh. You can used it any day ". Relaying on that statement I went on Saturday for my photoshoot with Neve Cambell ( I had a Sunday ticket ) and was told that tickets were only valid on the day stated. I only writing this to show an example of how an inaccurate information can ruin someones day. ( I got both photoshoots in the end )

I had to miss my Sherilyn Fenn photoshoot on a Sunday as it was pushed from 10.30 to 15.00. The same time as BFF cast talk and it was the only one she was doing that day. I got the refund but I wanted a picture not a refund.

I don`t know why anybody isn`t writing about this but there were people selling KNIVES, SWORDS and GUNS on the stalls. I`ve even seen a bathlet. There were children there. If I had any say in the matter I would have the stalls removed, sellers arrested and the things confiscated.

Apart from this I really enjoyed the event and will defintely come back next year.

P.S. Garret Wang was absofrikinglutely amazing.

Edited by ams546

I turned up for the free Star Wars talk on the Friday to be told Gold Pass holders had priority seating. Now, forgive me if I have this wrong, but a free talk means there is no restriction on where you sit. To make things worse, there was not a lot of people there and the crew members did not make the effort to move people forward into the empty seats so they could hear/ see better.

This put me off attending other free talks over the weekend.

Gold Passes have always got priority seating, that's been happening since the passes got introduced.

I don't know why it wasn't done at the Star Wars talk, but at other talks attendees were certainly moved forward. It may have happened because the Star Wars talk was the first one on Friday if I remember right, and sometimes ideas like moving people forward don't kick in right away.

• Like 1

I don`t know why anybody isn`t writing about this but there were people selling KNIVES, SWORDS and GUNS on the stalls. I`ve even seen a bathlet. There were children there. If I had any say in the matter I would have the stalls removed, sellers arrested and the things confiscated.

Seems like you just added this for something else to complain about to be honest.

But in all reality I'd guess nobody has mentioned it because why should they sell them. Why shouldn't we be allowed to buy them. I spent more time at those three stalls this weekend than any other and I will buy one at Sheffield as one of the dealers there. It's good there is actually somewhere to buy things like that in this country and to be fair if I was a parent and I had actually taken my kids there (which I wouldn't at all, too busy and hot) I would see it and steer clear if that was my intent.

The event was fantastic they should keep an eye on the stairs in the corners on Sat they were a nightmare and also Sunday there was people sitting on them which they didn't move when asked but maybe if possible put the stools on other floors and cosplayers 2 and put signings and photo shoots on the 1st 2 floors would be better but thanx showmasters the event was awesome

Something that strikes me when I read through these posts at how bad this was and how badly run or bad staff or any other thing they can moan about. Maybe I'm missing the point somewhere and missed the point where people were dragged there kicking and screaming and/or forced to being there. If you (the general public) aren't happy with anything just dont go. Yes it is, and can be a lot of money but again you're not forced to spend your money and also without fans contributing to the cost of these cons they just wouldn't happen.

I'm sure it would probably shock you if you actually knew how much it is to just bring just one actor over, not the 100+ guests we have. You don't just have their fees, theres also hotels, transport, flights to name just a few things. Then you've got all the man hours it takes including hiring the building, tech crew, right down to hiring the chairs/stage...

Don't get me wrong it's your human right to moan or criticise but be a little more thoughtful to the people who put all this on for everyones enjoyment. Constructive criticism isn't a bad thing sometimes, I understand that, it just irritates me somewhat when reading some of these posts. :no:

After all there's not many places in this country you could meet as many of your 'heroes' :clap:

Does anyone agree with me or am I missing the point? :unsure:

I enjoyed meeting the guests on Friday when it was quiet, and on the third floor on Saturday just waiting for Hayley attwell and the musketeers. I found on Saturday though you could not move on the first floor it was too crowded and hot, which I hated as last year. Before last year the lfacc was great and less crowded you should maybe limit tickets sold and why did the price of tickets shoot up this year?.

I have been coming to the lfacc since it started but next year I may give it a miss because of the crowding remember London is not San Diego.

It seems it's getting impossible to get autographs now, lucky I got most of mine Friday.

I find the prices charged to the autographs has got worse and not in line with other cons, when I first started coming no autograph was over £25.

I'm sorry I have been moaning at you, you have done great jobs over the years(except the last two).

Please make next year not too busy and crowded.

Something that strikes me when I read through these posts at how bad this was and how badly run or bad staff or any other thing they can moan about. Maybe I'm missing the point somewhere and missed the point where people were dragged there kicking and screaming and/or forced to being there. If you (the general public) aren't happy with anything just dont go. Yes it is, and can be a lot of money but again you're not forced to spend your money and also without fans contributing to the cost of these cons they just wouldn't happen.

I'm sure it would probably shock you if you actually knew how much it is to just bring just one actor over, not the 100+ guests we have. You don't just have their fees, theres also hotels, transport, flights to name just a few things. Then you've got all the man hours it takes including hiring the building, tech crew, right down to hiring the chairs/stage...

Don't get me wrong it's your human right to moan or criticise but be a little more thoughtful to the people who put all this on for everyones enjoyment. Constructive criticism isn't a bad thing sometimes, I understand that, it just irritates me somewhat when reading some of these posts. :no:

After all there's not many places in this country you could meet as many of your 'heroes' :clap:

The Forum is here for people to voice their opinions, Sometimes It's good and sometimes bad.. I posted things that happened to me on here.. only to have people say that's rubbish it never happened? Things like that makes my blood boil. They were not with me through out my time there so how do they know... Other people had the same experience as me and some had different time there... We all go hoping to have a great time, Some people won't be back, Some will.. in the end it comes down how you feel about your time at the event.

The Forum is here for people to voice their opinions, Sometimes It's good and sometimes bad.. I posted things that happened to me on here.. only to have people say that's rubbish it never happened? Things like that makes my blood boil. They were not with me through out my time there so how do they know... Other people had the same experience as me and some had different time there... We all go hoping to have a great time, Some people won't be back, Some will.. in the end it comes down how you feel about your time at the event.

I'm sorry but if you going to make out something happend when it didn't then you should be challenged. You said never had a chance and always golds and diamonds when it's just not true esp when gold and diamond didn't event matter for some of them I understand you may have seen that at some point but unless you stood there all the time over the 3 days you can't say that! I went to every prop shoot with ease so I can say that!

• Like 1

I'm sorry but if you going to make out something happend when it didn't then you should be challenged. You said never had a chance and always golds and diamonds when it's just not true esp when gold and diamond didn't event matter for some of them I understand you may have seen that at some point but unless you stood there all the time over the 3 days you can't say that! I went to every prop shoot with ease so I can say that!

On Sunday I went to the Tombstone Prop... It was only there a short time, It was rammed with Diamond and Gold.. I spoke to the crew and asked if they are doing any walk ups... they said No... Did you get your photo ok was it empty when you got there?

This is my point I went Friday and there was 3 people in the tombstone shoot so much so I chatted with the staff and had a good 10 min conversation. I'm not saying it wasn't busy at some points like you have said for the Sunday you were there for it and it was rammed and I apologise if offended you but I felt your comment was a very broad statement when as I said I went to all of them Friday and half of them Saturday and they weren't busy at all in general and is such a shame as great value for mo EU not to say some weren't the clock one Friday did pick up.

• Like 1

This is my point I went Friday and there was 3 people in the tombstone shoot so much so I chatted with the staff and had a good 10 min conversation. I'm not saying it wasn't busy at some points like you have said for the Sunday you were there for it and it was rammed and I apologise if offended you but I felt your comment was a very broad statement when as I said I went to all of them Friday and half of them Saturday and they weren't busy at all in general and is such a shame as great value for mo EU not to say some weren't the clock one Friday did pick up.

My Comment is broad... It does not list the days or times.. Like I said in my comment, some people had an easy time some didn't. I went all three days and spread my 67 (in fact it was over 70) photo shoots over the three days and leaving the Props to Sunday... I had a very stressful time.. In fact when collecting my photo the computer either ran out of paper or broke down.. most of my shoots ran late. On Sunday I had 4 photo shoots which started from 0930hrs and were all near each other and low batch numbers 1 or 2, But each time I went to a shoot I could not get in as the Diamond (lots of them) were queued first and then gold... in fact by 11am I had only done 1 photo shoot. So please don't say I'm making things up and that didn't happen... I am only saying what happened to me... Overall I still had a good time but very stressful one. :smile:

My Comment is broad... It does not list the days or times.. Like I said in my comment, some people had an easy time some didn't. I went all three days and spread my 67 (in fact it was over 70) photo shoots over the three days and leaving the Props to Sunday... I had a very stressful time.. In fact when collecting my photo the computer either ran out of paper or broke down.. most of my shoots ran late. On Sunday I had 4 photo shoots which started from 0930hrs and were all near each other and low batch numbers 1 or 2, But each time I went to a shoot I could not get in as the Diamond (lots of them) were queued first and then gold... in fact by 11am I had only done 1 photo shoot. So please don't say I'm making things up and that didn't happen... I am only saying what happened to me... Overall I still had a good time but very stressful one. :smile:

A gold pass would take a lot of that stress away as you witnessed yourself gold get priority after diamond

And congrats on getting 70 photo shoots done you deserve a medal

• Like 2

Okay, my feedback:

1. I can forgive all venue problems as it's a first time there. But please try to create only two signing places (max) next year. I had no problem with signing zone Neve Campbell and signing zone Hayley Atwell (don't remember which one was 1, 2 or 3) but signing zone Christopher Lloyd was such a pain. You'd have to get through the mass of the shops to finally get there, check what number the VQs were and than usually get through the mass again.

2. Robert Englund's sunday 'signing'. It's been mentioned by many others (including myself). Only figuring out the sunday morning that the make up's going to take a while is so unprofessional it's embarassing. You're the biggest convention in Europe, you seriously can't make a mistake like this! I was so incredibly mad and disappointed sunday morning, he was my number 1 guest and I was looking forward to this for months. Cancelling or sickness is something you can't help, but this was. I will hold a grudge until you bring him back to LFCC (smaller events don't work for me).

3. I know photoshoots are the priority for Showmasters and autographs come at second place, but it would be nice if a guest's (Christopher Lloyd) weekend wasn't so stuffed with photoshoots he hardly has any time to do anything else. If I were a photoshoot guy, I'd love to have his picture with the clock or the Dolorean, but how many shoots did he have per day? 5? That's really a lot! It's not a surprise hundreds of people went home without his autograph.

4. Signing table photos. I've mentioned this for a previous event (Milton Keynes 2014) as well. I'm not saying they're all terrible, as most guests have a bunch of great photos you can get signed. But seriously, some are really low quality! Jennifer Rubin didn't have one clear picture, they were all kind of blurry. Other guests also had some pretty lousy screen grabs of low quality. I think that's something an organisation this big and professional can't offer. You should seriously consider taking more time finding pictures of good quality. I know some will say that 'you should bring your own material', but that's not the point. The point is very well pointed out here above: it's just not professional.

5. The maps weren't very helpful.

Everything else was pretty awesome. My bank account is empty, but I'm happy (kinda).

EDIT: oh, and I know that LFCC has been growing for years and years, but I honestly hope that for the next couple of years you keep the same amount of guests. If that number keeps growing, it's going to be a nightmare for me xD

Edited by dogsoldierspoon
  • Like 5

There are so many things that could be improved which are so obvious to many people, except for Showmasters apparently. Please take into account Xenomorph's points cause he nails it. The queuing was awful, why don't you just use fences to separate people like you do outside? The little pieces of tape on the floor aren't gonna stop people from pushing forward and they're not even visible.

Has anybody ever thought of giving crew members megaphones so they don't have to shout their vocal chords to shreds? It would also improve the range and audibility of their voices, that's what they're invented for after all.

And for the love of god, can't you guys just let gold passes join at the back of autograph queues whenever they show up instead of shouting that every single gold pass can join the front. This makes them keep popping up and pushing regular queuers further and further back until they just don't have a chance to get an autograph anymore. Guests like Lloyd or Englund barely signed for VQ holders just because diamond and gold passes kept sneaking to the front. Really frustrating for people who can't afford diamond or gold passes.

Gold passes shouldn't be able to join autograph queues at the front. It's made perfectly clear to us when we pay for our passes that we can join any queue without a VQ ticket, but we HAVE to join the BACK. Any crew member letting Golds in to the front of an autograph queue has got it wrong. I wouldn't dream of it! Photo queue yes - that's one of the main reasons, along with having somewhere to sit due to my mobility issues, that I buy a Gold pass in the first place - but not autograph queues. Can't comment on Diamonds though, since there are only three people for whom I'd scrimp and save and sell my children to buy one (Johnny Depp, KIEFER!!! and Winona Ryder) - so I don't know if they were officially allowed to queue jump. Oh... and I DO scrimp and save. This weekend each year is my summer holiday and that's the only way I can afford a Gold.

Megaphones are a GREAT idea! Even the magnificent Luke, whose stentorian tones rang out over photoshoot A, lost his voice on the Sunday and had to concede semi defeat.

• Like 2

Megaphones or monitors would be a good idea. For the person who managed 70 photo shoots, congratulations! I did only 7 I think. I was knacked by Sunday but it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Next time, I'd take a mate, but I don't have anyone whose really into that sort of thing.

• Like 1

I wish people would stop moaning about diamond passes. People buy them (me included) for the added benefit it gives you and the guarantee of meeting that person. No sneaking in was done by me just what I'd paid for. I can't speak for golds. I was a gold Pass holder and always joined the back of any autograph que except my diamond pass guest. I do understand people's frustration and I think everyone is a little to blame. Perhaps just thinking of fellow comicon goers would be a start

There are so many things that could be improved which are so obvious to many people, except for Showmasters apparently. Please take into account Xenomorph's points cause he nails it. The queuing was awful, why don't you just use fences to separate people like you do outside? The little pieces of tape on the floor aren't gonna stop people from pushing forward and they're not even visible.

Has anybody ever thought of giving crew members megaphones so they don't have to shout their vocal chords to shreds? It would also improve the range and audibility of their voices, that's what they're invented for after all.

And for the love of god, can't you guys just let gold passes join at the back of autograph queues whenever they show up instead of shouting that every single gold pass can join the front. This makes them keep popping up and pushing regular queuers further and further back until they just don't have a chance to get an autograph anymore. Guests like Lloyd or Englund barely signed for VQ holders just because diamond and gold passes kept sneaking to the front. Really frustrating for people who can't afford diamond or gold passes.

Gold passes shouldn't be able to join autograph queues at the front. It's made perfectly clear to us when we pay for our passes that we can join any queue without a VQ ticket, but we HAVE to join the BACK. Any crew member letting Golds in to the front of an autograph queue has got it wrong. I wouldn't dream of it! Photo queue yes - that's one of the main reasons, along with having somewhere to sit due to my mobility issues, that I buy a Gold pass in the first place - but not autograph queues. Can't comment on Diamonds though, since there are only three people for whom I'd scrimp and save and sell my children to buy one (Johnny Depp, KIEFER!!! and Winona Ryder) - so I don't know if they were officially allowed to queue jump. Oh... and I DO scrimp and save. This weekend each year is my summer holiday and that's the only way I can afford a Gold.

Megaphones are a GREAT idea! Even the magnificent Luke, whose stentorian tones rang out over photoshoot A, lost his voice on the Sunday and had to concede semi defeat.

I had a gold pass and in the autograph cue I didn't go to the front once must have been certain ones

I wish people would stop moaning about diamond passes. People buy them (me included) for the added benefit it gives you and the guarantee of meeting that person. No sneaking in was done by me just what I'd paid for. I can't speak for golds. I was a gold Pass holder and always joined the back of any autograph que except my diamond pass guest. I do understand people's frustration and I think everyone is a little to blame. Perhaps just thinking of fellow comicon goers would be a start

I wanted to ensure I meeted the guests I could do with a diamond pass - meeting MJF was once in a lifetime, so I wanted to ensure I got this pass for that reason, in case with a normal ticket I didn't get that chance. I too was a gold pass holder but even then, there were no guarantees, even with diamond guests. However, in retrospect, getting the pass probably wasn't necessary but without it, I wouldn't have been able to get Michael's autograph, which was another plus point of having the pass and the photo was the biggest thing for me.

I only got the Rob Englund diamond on the exclusive they were offering - Rob in Freddy makeup - that was a once in a lifetime, too.

I may have gotten a Sigourney diamond pass but couldn't afford it - i was so concerned I wouldn't meet her as I had a normal ticket with a gold pass but in the end, I went to the later shoot on Saturday and it was surprisingly a small queue at that time and got to meet her within about 10-15 mins, maybe not even that.

I think diamond passes are worth it as it guarantees you meeting that guest with other good added extras.

VT were a disaster and pointless.

Was very crowded and felt like tickets were over sold to make more money. From a business point of view this is a obvious tactic but generates very bad feedback and made a lot of folks unhappy on the day.

Can't do much about the heat.

Queuing needs to be A LOT better organised for photographs. SUGGESTION: railings or pillars.

No problems with staff, think some weren't notified when they should of been but that's not there fault, that's the responsibility of their bosses. Security on the other hand came of rude, not to me personally but to others I saw who didn't need it when things were crowded.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Please read a post I posted a while back...

31 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

Right I got a reply as I saw some of you had the problem of not being notified about the access to a other event to meet Robert Englund instead of the voucher compensation. I been told I can take my Diamond Pass to a event to gain entry but have to pay for the autograph myself (which I can do with the vouchers I was given). I have to present it to a pit boss on the day of entry who will be in red.
To double check if need be I emailed shop@showmastersevents.com and had to wait for a reply within two working days. I also asked for the Bournemouth event so don't know it others will be different policy but assume it's the same for the other events.

I just got told I was misinformed by the staff who emailed me saying I can use my pass as a form of entry to get my autogrpah (which was due to their error) and now can't use it to gain entry.

All about the money, and don't give two s**ts about customer service.

I am really sorry that you are unhappy and I can only apologize. We're all humans, mistakes happen on occasion. I explained the reason for this in my reply to your post: if the pass has been clipped for the autograph there is absolutely no way to tell if it has been clipped when you went through the autograph line or when you got your refund. Unclipped passes are absolutely still good for entry.