LFCC 2015 - SOME HONEST FEEDBACK

They'd still have had to check them when they came inside to make sure they'd been scanned, if you think about it. Also there wouldn't be enough space for 100's and they don't have that many volunteers to spare.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue etc, I just wanted to make the response in defence of LFCC. :smile:

• Like 1

Im not arguing at all, I thought we were discussing? Thats why I said stamp their hands, so u have workers walking down the queue to scan a ticket then stamp the hand (so its not done in entrance) , then as the queue moves (as the people 1/2 a mile away would already br scanned) when you get to the entrance you walk through the door, as u walk through u hold ur hand up with the stamp on. That way you still enter in order but there is no delay at the actual entrance as everyone has been scanned prior to that point.

In no way was anything in my post having a go at LFACC - these are ideas for improvements and Im just thinking of ways around a 1/2 a mile queue for entry. Im really confused as to why you thought I was saying people weren't scanned, when my point was about ways to scan quicker in future? No malice here, just discussing. :)

Edited by Poppy

I just have one thing to complaine about. The "guards" outside, keeping an eye on the guests quing. We came there a bit before 6am, and it was raining. We got a Spot after the pizza express door. And me and my friend stod under a tree, so we wouldnt get wet. One of the guards told us to cramp Together so that new arrivals had to take the long way around. And I refused to moves, cause I really dont feel like being soking wet, when I get in. I told her that people can go infront of me and que up, I dont min. And then the bad attitude shows up, she starts giving me an attitude cause I didnt wanna moves.

For 1: I PAY to stand there in the rain, waiting to get in.

And 2: SHE GETS PAID TO STAND THERE. Now I dont know if this crew is a part of SM, or part of the venue. Me paying to stand there, probably pays her salary. Good thing to think about before you get all "nice"

And some cover for the rain and Sun could be something to think about in the future :P some party tents covering the areas with fences. :)

Inside I got all i came for, and it was great Meeting all these stars. :D

They're venue staff. I heard some about some other issues, I think those attendees even filed a complaint with the venue.

I had heard something about something being set up to people get out of the rain Sunday (I can't go into more details because it wasn't official communication), but when we arrived at the venue for some reason that hadn't happened.

• Like 1

To me the photo shoot crowding problem was down to people who were waiting for photo shoot sessions up to half hour early and when asked to come back in 20mins they refused to leave. At one point the steward shouted "your probably going to ignore me but if your here for neve Campbell come back in 20mins" again no one moved. I think the stewards did a awesome job under immense pressure. Autos were worse for same reason

With crowds like this there was nothing major that Showmasters could do, go to any event with crowds and you'll the same. A few minor things, signs hanging from the ceiling above shoots so people don't have to go to them your see if that's shoot A etc and perhaps start roping the lines for shoots if attendees won't line up properly would help in upcoming events. All in though I had a great weekend with only the MJF shoot in the Dolorean being a disappointment after seeing all the line being able to kneel next to him and just before me then having security make it so it's now standing next to the car only which almost seems like I'm photo bombing him but hey ho I got to have a shoot with MJF and that alone is something I never thought would happen. I saw everybody I needed to see, had no hassle with any staff (all where cool that I spoke to) and got to meet gizmo and see how smoking Siguorney Weaver is. Winner.

just something for next time

Please can we have different coloured hand stamps for each day

I overheard a lot of people talking about not having a Saturday entry tickets who were inside Saturday.

They had bought a Friday ticket and had made sure they got there hand stamped Before leaving then walking up on Saturday and flashing the stamp at the door and walked in.

Edited by Gravitus
  • Like 1

Hello, It was a GREAT EVENT ! Thanks SHOWMASTERS !!! I met my childhood heroes ! MJFOX and Christopher Lloyd ! :-)

For an honest feedback :

I have a GOLDPASS, MJFOX diamond pass, Christopher Lloyd Diamond pass

1) TOO MANY PEOPLE !!! Saturday was like hell for me ! I was with 2 posters tube, 1 back-bag and 1 handback with 2 delorean. (My problem you will say... but very hard to move with a lot of people)

Really, If next year, Showmasters rent All the hall of Olympia, manage the number of people please !

2) I think a good improvement for the goldpass holder will be this :

For Diamond Pass Guest (NO changes)

- 1st Diamond pass holder

- 2nd Goldpass Holder (OK for the VQ ticket stuff because we can enter 10min before and get a low VQ number)

For Guest with a VQ ticket (NO changes)

- Join the back of the queue anytime, the line is not during so much (I wait 20 min for Rose Leslie and Hayley Atwell)

BUT, I was wondering during the week end : "Where is the VQ ticket for Ray park ? Claudia Wells ? Lea thompson (just VQ ticket on sunday), and others !

For those guests : there were a BIG LINE ! very BIG, and NO VQ tickets ! (I queue 1 hour for Claudia Wells ! with a GOLDPASS)

So... I think it will be interresting to VQ tickets ALL THE GUESTS (like I said, the line is not too big, and join the back of the line is not too long to wait)

Or

If there are no VQ tickets, a GOLDPASS holder can pass in the front of the line anytime.

3) For the photoshoot, there is a lack of space for the line.

The fault is not Showmasters (not entirely), because people who have BATCH 4-5-6... for a diamond pass guest stay near the photoshoot studio, despite the Crew scream "COME BACK THIS AFTERNOON"

==> I saw a girl for Sigourney Weaver photoshoot who have BACTH 4 (No GOLDPASS, NO Diamond pass) (the morning) (who speak french like me) said : "I will not wait all the day for a photo" and she put in the line with the diamond holder, and... She passed !

That's really an inappropriate behavior ! For all the visitors who making the line! Why the crew in the photoshoot kick his ass out the line !?

4) I know it's hard to make a schedule, but a lot of people have big clash between photoshoot. I don't know how it's possible to make more than 5 photoshoot on a day Without a goldpass. I had one, and I really run all my sunday (I had 7 photoshoot)

So, maybe advice on the shop that it will be very difficult it visitor buy too much photoshoot on a day.

But, despite these 4 points, it was a great event ! a lot of memories in ly mind ! :-)

THANKS SHOWMATERS, ALL THE GUESTS, ALL THE CREW, ALL THE COSPLAYERS ! ALL OF YOU !!!! :-)

One thing I might add is that not only do Showmasters need to carry on reviewing their business as they openly say they do, but the customers (us fans) need to work with them to ensure the events run smoothly. If I had just 10p for everytime over the years of attending events that a fan/customer has been rude to staff/volunteers/fellow fans and customers then I would be a wealthy man. I have read a string on here about disability (something I deal with on a ddaily basis) and the venom of some replies is shocking.

Life is a two way street and us paying customers need to work with Showmasters at the events to help them by acting a bit more civil. Just because we pay money it does not mean that even one of us can act like a complete diva (this was the PG family wording).

If we as paying customers want to have a dream experience then we need to wise up and stop pushing. We need to be patient and polite, otherwise these events will die off.

• Like 5

I mentioned some of these on a thread that was deleted but while overall I had an amazing time my suggestions for improvements:

1) Bring back early bird entry - it was noticeable on the Sunday that the first couple of hours were relatively chilled and then it got heaving and deeply uncomfortable. Early bird entry was always a way for those who only want a couple of guests to zip in, get down and gone. I always used to do early bird and was gone by 1pm. I think it masisvely helps the flow through the venue.

2) Lay out - this needs to be seriously rethought. Do whatever you need to do to visualise the space you need in advance and then walk the space with as many people as you need to try and picture what it will be like. It was frankly bonkers to have an event over 3 levels when the only way to access the upper floors was two sets of lifts with huge queues or one solitary set of stairs that was almost impossible to access as you had to fight your way through the crowds either waiting to access the cafe on the 1st floor or the cosplayers waiting to use the SyFy fan cam. And then just to add to the Krypton Factor challenge you put a photoshoot queue in front of it.

3) Photoshoots - The people manning them need head set mikes or megaphones. Its a business necessity at this stage. The gentleman at Photoshoot B and Luke at Photoshoot A were superb but you can't expect their voices to carry with no assistance. You also need more staff - one pitboss to sort clashes, one to call out numbers and one to show the beginning of the queue. You also need ropes for the queue. Finally you need photoshoots to be timed. I know thats tricky but if you give approximate times in advance on the schedule I think it would alleviate the crush. The sheer number of golds at photoshoots and the time it took to go through them was overwhelming. If you have a set time for diamonds, golds, batch 1 etc it should stagger it a bit. Also make firm decisions in advance with split shoots which are morning and which are afternoon and print that on the ticket. That way people with batch 6 tickets arent stood in the way. It goes without saying you need 5 times the space for the photoshoot areas. All the ones downstairs were a nightmare - especially the MJF Delorean shoot where I nearly passed out.

4) You need to recognise that you're now the British SDCC and be a little bit more hot on checking ID requirements and making sure people can't blag their way in. I heard people bragging on Saturday that they were in without having a ticket as they'd just waved a smudge on their hand at the attendants. Also much more unforgiveably you gave my friends Robert Englund diamond pass to someone without checking their ID. She was sorted of course but that should never have happened.

5) Perhaps consider getting moderators used to doing these sort of events (Chris Hewitt, Boyd Hilton etc) for the big talks?

6) I personally had no issues with the queues (in in 10 minutes on Saturday and 5 on Sunday) but it did strike me as silly to just have one queue. Surely there should have been a queue for those with wristbands and a queue for scan on the day people.

To me the photo shoot crowding problem was down to people who were waiting for photo shoot sessions up to half hour early and when asked to come back in 20mins they refused to leave. At one point the steward shouted "your probably going to ignore me but if your here for neve Campbell come back in 20mins" again no one moved. I think the stewards did a awesome job under immense pressure. Autos were worse for same reason

Yeah I saw that. So many people refusing to move. One girl was there 45 minutes early for the Hayley Atwell photoshoot, refused to move and then started to boss people about as she was desperate to go in first. People!!!

6) I personally had no issues with the queues (in in 10 minutes on Saturday and 5 on Sunday) but it did strike me as silly to just have one queue. Surely there should have been a queue for those with wristbands and a queue for scan on the day people.

I think not. Why should people with wristbands get in earlier than the scan on the day people, so they can get the lower VQs? That's in no way fair.

• Like 1

I think not. Why should people with wristbands get in earlier than the scan on the day people, so they can get the lower VQs? That's in no way fair.

It just makes the flow easier and is certainly what's done at other events. Those with wristbands have nothing to scan so you'd need fewer staff looking after that entrance and focus the concentration of the staff on scanning the day tickets.

• Like 1

It just makes the flow easier and is certainly what's done at other events. Those with wristbands have nothing to scan so you'd need fewer staff looking after that entrance and focus the concentration of the staff on scanning the day tickets.

But do those other events have a VQ system in place? It's not about flow only, but at these SM events your place in line is actually important for your chances on getting autographs with bigger guests.

I had a good time at LFCC and managed to get everything I wanted done. Here's my constructive feedback/criticism/notes:

1. Gold passes need capping a bit more. I heard there was 600-1000ish of them and they did seem to hold up the auto queues for some of the bigger guests such as Hayley Atwell. I get that they pay for priority but it really does hold up the VQ for normal attendees, especially on days where a guest has 2 shoots and a talk.

2. Photoshoot areas need a dedicated hall. My shoots were at C and D. They were well managed by the crew but having them near a busy dealers area made it very cramped and sweaty. They need space not to just queue but also to hang around to wait for your batch number. I must say that the crew managing outside did their best with a hectic situation.

3. Queuing on Sunday was much better than Saturday (didn't queue Friday). Having snaking barriers was great and prevented queue jumping. My suggestion for next year is perhaps having 2 lanes/queues - one for people with weekend wristbands and one for people who need tickets checking.

4. Inform of map changes more - the Gambon/Lloyd/Tate area and Photo A swapped positions to where they were on the map and there was no update about it on the forum or Twitter. I bet this was very confusing and frustrating to those who wanted to go straight to that area when they got in. Also guests such as Darren Lynn Bousman and J LaRose had been moved from where they were on Friday (zone 1) to the end of zone 2 for Sat and Sun. The guest list with their zone areas posted with the map stated that they'd be in zone 1 all weekend. It was annoying going to zone 1, seeing they weren't there anymore and having to search the 2 other signing areas to find them. An update would have helped.

5. Obviously the layout wasn't great but you made the best out of a bad situation with only being able to use 6 halls. I'm expecting most of the signing areas will be in the Grand Hall usually used for WLFCC next year.

• Moderators

PROGRAM

This is an utter waste of £5. seriously, What the Hell sort of program is this rubbish? a Terminator retro, some half-written crap about wrestling tag teams, and something about scream queens; who gives a damn? does someone not understand a program is supposed to be ABOUT the event?!?! Where was the features on the guests, the write-ups and quick bios? you got some storming guests, and didn't print one goddamn word about them. not one mention of what they were doing so that someone might go "hey, Bill's doing a talk on Sun, let's see if there's tickets spare" etc. This is a shameful effort, I expect some comment about not wanting to write up about people who might have to cancel, but it had all the (wrong) maps and timetables in anyway, so if that's the excuse then what's the point in a program at all? if I went to an Iron Maiden concert and the program was a long bland article about vaguely-related music w/ not a word about Maiden, how do you think people would feel?

Of course it's very unlikely Iron Maiden would cancel an Iron Maiden concert, therefore you're pretty safe writing about them..

As someone who contributed to the 'utter waste of £5' I would say that we never made an 'excuse' not to write about the specific guests but it is completely understandable not to fill it with specific articles on guests when there's a chance they'll all cancel and render it all irrelevant. Instead we approach it from a perspective of writing something interesting but more general. Sorry if you weren't interested in it and thought it was "half-written crap".

• Like 2

4. Inform of map changes more - the Gambon/Lloyd/Tate area and Photo A swapped positions to where they were on the map and there was no update about it on the forum or Twitter. I bet this was very confusing and frustrating to those who wanted to go straight to that area when they got in. Also guests such as Darren Lynn Bousman and J LaRose had been moved from where they were on Friday (zone 1) to the end of zone 2 for Sat and Sun. The guest list with their zone areas posted with the map stated that they'd be in zone 1 all weekend. It was annoying going to zone 1, seeing they weren't there anymore and having to search the 2 other signing areas to find them. An update would have helped.

It may have been overread in the flurry of posts, but I posted about the swapped photo A position myself.

• Like 1

There are so many things that could be improved which are so obvious to many people, except for Showmasters apparently. Please take into account Xenomorph's points cause he nails it. The queuing was awful, why don't you just use fences to separate people like you do outside? The little pieces of tape on the floor aren't gonna stop people from pushing forward and they're not even visible.

I think this is a health and safety thing, if in an emergency the queue needed to be dispersed, barriers would make this harder.

A note for the weekend.
It was very stressful to get to all the actors and photoshoots. 3 floors was too much. This lost a lot of time. better would be a location on a plane. I was 10 hours at you and only had a 10 minute break. During the breaks, I had to go to the toilet. Otherwise, I just ran back and forth. We were told that would be ken kirzinger by 13 clock back. He did not come. There he was coming at any moment. Nothing. After 90 minutes I had to leave my place to come for a photo shoot. There were 30 people in front Kirzingers state. That has to be better organized. One has it at any time can achieve. If you asked staff from showmaster Team where is what, knew most no answer. the need to go faster. I kasnn not be referenced continuously to another person. The Showmaster mitrabeiter should be so trained that can answer any all questions. This is especially true for photoshoots and status information. It has to be worked on flexibility. I had 3 photoshoots at intervals of 10 minutes. All 3 actors were very well attended. I told the staff before the photoshoot was whether it would be possible vorzulassen me as I had to go to another level immediately. He said he could the groups now nich tear. That will not do. If I have such a problem, then you have to help me. This applies to every show host employees. Many others who helped. If the prices of the actors are too high, then it is logical that others miss out. This is especially true for Jonathan Pryce. A few years ago took the 25 pounds, 45 pounds today, Horror. The E-Ticket Validation were a joke. What do I have to pay. You get enough money. Now should be paid 1 pound for a photoshoot ticket. You should be as low as possible to keep the costs of the fans. The good thing was that I got in spite of all the problems my photoshoots. There were very beautiful costumes to see and it was relatively fast in the hall. Would it be possible even actors like Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, George Clooney, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Liam Neeson, Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Clint Eastwood, Daniel Craig, Quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock, Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta Jones to commit. The make London a Q & A included Photoshoot. But the prices are too high. This can be done much cheaper. In the USA, does not cost 650 pounds, only $ 299. The walk would prefer a convention and talk about movies. That must surely be possible !!!!

1) I didn't get either myself, but considering the number of gold/diamond passes around, I think they were oversold. I know the number 500 had been thrown out in terms of gold passes sold, and that's just way too many. How can it be a perk if most of the pass holders are looking to get some of the same guests? This seemed to be the case with some of the bigger names as the gold pass queues were huge. And 500+ diamond passes for a single guest? How can any guarantees be made when such numbers are sold?

2) Photoshoot A was a disaster Friday and Saturday. The sign gave no information on what batches were being called, the crew members were often somewhere in the middle of the queue (they should have had at least one person at the end of the queue making sure only the correct batches, and people with serious clashes was allowed entry to the queue and make sure they didn't have people queue up that wouldn't get to go in). Thankfully this had been significantly improved on Sunday when additional walls had been added and a crewmember was holding up the sign that clearly stated which guest and which batches were up. I commend the crew member organising A on Sunday, he did a fantastic job. Photoshoots B, C, D, E and F were well managed every time I had a shoot at either of them despite the crowds.

3) The Super Stage had very bad sound, and I only heard about half of the talk I was there to see and I was sitting in the fourth row (the room was not made for talks and there was not adequate speakers around the room to ensure those of us that paid good money to be there actually got to hear what was being said). At times I could better hear the walkie talkie over by the stage entrance than I could the talk itself and that isn't good. Also there were no crew looking after the stage entrance when a bunch of us arrived for the BttF talk. More crew should have been allocated to work that area.

4) Thumbs up for the crew walking the lines on Saturday scanning tickets and handing out weekend passes to make the queue move quicker once the door opened. However, at least two of my friends who had weekend tickets, who were missed in the queue outside were not directed to pick up their wristbands, and one of them was a newbie and wasn't aware she needed one. Thankfully the crew was good about sorting this out when I went with her to pick it up, but there should have been clearer instructions or signs or something to make sure attendees with weekend tickets didn't risk being denied entrance other days.

5) Considering the signing areas was on the opposite end of the hall, there should have been at least one wide area set aside specifically for people looking to move across the area. The way it was over the weekend the people looking to move across the room had to get past the people looking to browse the stalls. Had these been more separate, it would have been easier for both groups.

6) The guest plan with signing area numbers posted to the forum was great, however the signing areas on the venue posters were not numbered and there was no place to find a list of what area people were actually located on the day (didn't need specifics, just to know whether I had to look around the balchony or go to the opposite side of 1st floor or take the elevator to 3rd floor - some guests that said area 2 were actually area 3 instead), and no crew members knew this either, this made collecting VQs extra difficult. Better floor planning needs to happen at future events.

I'm no expert but I think with the main guests they should just have a main hall for the photo shoots and the guests signings in one place which I would imagine save on confussion and stress

I totally agree.

I've been going to LFCC for a few years now and I have had up to 9 photo ops in one day and never had a problem. This year I only had 5 shoots on Saturday and missed 2 of them (got to take them later/next day) simply because I couldn't move from one photo area to the next quick enough. It took me 15 minutes to get from the prop photo area to photo area B and that's just one flight of stairs away. There were so many people, there was a queue for the stairs.

I love Showmasters' Events and I especially love LFCC but this year for the first time I felt frustrated at times during the weekend.

As everything has been mentioned before I will just make a short list with the few things I think should be done differently in upcoming years:

- Photo ops / autographs should all be on the same floor.

- Something important like a separate entrance for the super stage must be on floor plans.

- Staff should know where said entrance is (asked 3 staff members, not one of them knew, ended up just following other fans).

- The venue should not be this overcrowded. LFCC is always packed but this year was insane.

To end this post on a positive note: I thought the outside queue was very well organised and also the staff members working the photo areas, especially area A which was the most crowded one, did an amazing job. And I absolutely loved this years guest list!

Even though some things weren't ideal, me and my friends had a fantastic time!! Thank you very much!

Great con in terms of the guests. But logistically and organisationally a lot of things need to be improved. My suggestions:

- Put all photo shoots on one floor, with nothing else on that floor. Make sure there is lots of room for queues. Put up barriers to enable people to file in a straight line. Have seperate and easily distinguished lines for diamond/gold pass holders, and e ticket holders (maybe one line for each batch number). Key is basically to seperate, and organise queues. Have a large screen that is updated with the guest name, any info such as delays, and what batch numbers will be done in that session. The boards used were small and often not updated with the guest name.

- Have autograph sessions on a seperate floor with nothing els, maybe some stalls if space permits. For big name guests, put them each in a large room where people can queue inside (using a system as described above). Have a screen that is continually updated with info such as what VQ numbers are being served, and whether the guest is off on a break, photo shoot etc.

- Make the floor plans and maps considerably better and more detailed. Illustrate where each guest is placed (and keep them in the same place all 3 days). In the actual venue, use large maps, including a red "you are here" dot.

- Put up more signs in the venue to indicate where photo shoot and guest areas are, where the stages are, and where the various zones are. Indicate clearly where stairs and lifts to other levels are.

- If something unexpected or unannounced happens, such as queues for the popular super stage talks starting outside of the building, put up large signs with clear instructions. Or have video monitors with this information. Only way to get info about where to queue for the BTTF and MJF talk was from stressed crew members who must have answered this same question hundreds of times.

- Make sure AC works and that medical assistance is easy to find.

- There weren't really any places to sit down and relax, or to eat the food on sale from the few places selling food and drinks. Btw, I think you missed a huge opportunity by not having more stalls where you could buy snacks, drinks and just water. Although to be fair I liked those sellers who walked around selling water and Pepsi.

- Train/brief all "blue shirt" crew thoroughly before event begins on matters such as floor plans, schedules, emergency exits, medical assistance procedures, etc. They don't need to know as much as pit bosses, but at least the very basics. That a lot of them didn't know, say, the location of the super stage or photo shoot A is unacceptable.

- Reduce number of weekend and day tickets sold to avoid overcrowding (raise prices if necessary to compensate), or move to larger venue. Or use Olympia Grand also (I understand this is already planned for 2016)

- Reduce number of gold and diamond passes so that all photo shoots and autograph sessions also have time for standard ticket holders. Or have seperate photo sessions and autograph sessions for the "VIPs" and then sessions for standard ticket holders.

- When ordering tickets online, add eticket validation automatically so you don't have to remember to do it manually.

- When people queue outside in the morning to get in, when the clock hits 9 am, or even before, send out dozens of people with scanners to greet those in the queue, so they can get their ticket scanned quickly and go inside.

- Improve VQ system for popular guests. Perhaps hand out VQ tickets by the entrance so you don't have to sprint around the venue in a state of stress.

- If VQ tix aren't available when doors open for whatever reason, tell people in advance so they don't queue outside for hours for no reason before doors open.

• Like 2

• Moderators

In regards to the stalls - what's on sale is up to the dealers themselves and has nothing to do with Showmasters, so if 90% wanted to sell Funko then that's really down to them.

I had a great weekend. Sure it was busy but that was expected.

To people complaining about the crowds, they should have seen the event had sold out so crowds were expected. I don't like the mass crowds and queues either but I did expect it. Last year I was stuck outside for five hours so was just glad the queue moved this time :)

One comment I would make is to if possible make use of the other large hall. On Sunday it was part used for the queue which was fine, but it could be used to expand LFCC with exhibits, stalls, photo sessions, etc (and relieve congestion).

All in all a lot of effort had been put into the event. You can never please everyone but I was satisfied.