Idea for Showmasters: send a survey to all attendees

I think Showmasters should send a link to a survey to everyone who purchased a ticket for this years LFCC. That would be an easy way to gather valuable feedback that can be used to make future events even better.

I think most of us agree that LFCC 2015 was a great event in terms of the guests, but there were a lot of logistical problems - some of which are as simple to solve as putting a red dot on a map.

A survey with a limited number of multiple choice questions would quickly highlight what worked and what didn't.

Just an idea :)

• Like 8

I think that is a very good idea. They have the email address of everyone who bought a ticket.

They could just read the forum instead. Thats what its here for.

Trouble is there will be so many threads covering the same points, easy to miss or reach an overall consensus. How many people start their own reviews or thanks threads, how many repeat the same thing in several threads. They have to, there's no definitive thread. A poll to email addresses would mean every response would be equal.

• Like 5

I think that is a very good idea. They have the email address of everyone who bought a ticket.

They could just read the forum instead. Thats what its here for.

Trouble is there will be so many threads covering the same points, easy to miss or reach an overall consensus. How many people start their own reviews or thanks threads, how many repeat the same thing in several threads. They have to, there's no definitive thread. A poll to email addresses would mean every response would be equal.

You also missed the usual of topics being hidden if a bad word is said against Showmasters

I have to admit, this is a really good idea.

As for SM reading the forums - they will, eventually. I would guess they're at the moment dismantling and putting away things at Olympia for their next event.

But a survey would negate the need to trawl through all the threads, posts and comments.

The problem with reviews is that they are all personal opinions. I've seem many people complaining how busy it was and how crowded and that they weren't able to get around and yet my brother and I were there for both Saturday and Sunday and didn't have many issues, was able to go to every level without getting stuck etc.

Plus I've found that like most places on the internet, the negative feedback seems to be more vocal than the positive feedback. People are quicker to complain that praise in general.