Share those surreal moments you just couldn't make up

at the MJF Photoshoot on saturday MJF himself asked me "Should i take the bunny?" (see profile picture)

Definetely this made my day !

He said "Catbus" to me. He just read it off my t-shirt, but I choose to believe he's a big Studio Ghibli fan. I took a stuffed Totoro into most of my shoots, and no-one seemed to know who it was, until Sigourney Weaver on the Sunday who said "Oh Totoro! He's my favourite!", which was the cherry on top of my weekend.

Not a surreal moment, but Ray Parks cutin front of me waiting for the SyFy fancam TWICE! second time he appologised, shook my hand and said I looked fabulous! Also the Aliens/Preditors/Marines cut in as well, but they looked amazing so I didn't mind. Only thing was my g/f was off with the camera so couldn't get any pics with them or Ray.

Edited by tania_twinkle

Walking around with my mate Luke. Seeing about 9 cosplayers dressed like the 10th and 11th Doctor's at a stall, man walks past them that they clearly see as a few say 'sorry mate' and move to the side.

I look at them, laugh and walk up to the man just looking at the stall next to them. I didnt want to make a fuss asclearly he was there to enjoy the con.

Me: 'excuse me'

Man: 'yes?'

Me: 'just want to say I really like your work'

Man(smiling): 'thank you!!

We shake hands and both walk away. The 'Doctors' still not paying attention. I laugh to my friend who goes 'who was that' I reply 'oh Stephen Moffatt, the man in charge of Doctor Who at the moment'

Wish I had seen him, Moffat is my favourite Who writer.

went to the bathroom on the first floor ( the one in front of Darren Lynn Bousman's table) and James Tolkan walked in there

a bit surreal to do your stuff with Strickland right there next to you doing his thing......

he did wash his hands btw

LOL, i had similar experience last year with Michael Madsen on the toilets. Suddently a tall guy next to me was pissing.. until I noticed it was Michael Madsen. it did feel really surreal to have a killer (or whatever he played in Reservoir Dogs etc.) next to me pissing. LOL

So I can feel with you to have Strickland there.

After having done my shoot with Sigourney Weaver I was slowly walking to table pick the photo up telling the guy in front of me( a bit to loud as it turns out) " how absolutely stunning she looked" yes I know came his reply and by the way she's looking at you right now and smiling and going red as I turned round and saw her still looking at me...

Edited by Jabberwocky50

I'd already made a post about this on one of the facebook groups, but what the heck, I'll list them all here too! (Deep Breath!):-

1) Taking a short cut round the tight corner behind the cosplay stage and almost running over Bill Paxton

2) Going to a photo shoot with Lea Thompson, dressed in Marty McFly style cosplay where upon she jumps up and loudly exclaims "You're my son!" and gives me a big hug for the photoshoot. (How I wish I'd kept my head long enough to give a witty "Just don't call me Calvin"...instead of just laughing. But I was just so taken aback. Though that was nothing compared to what was to come..)

3) Possibly scaring Neve Campbell when my phone started doing a very loud countdown to taking a pic when she was signing. (Had forget to adjust the settings.) She made a joke about how she thought it was a bomb!

4) Having both Hayley Atwell and Robert England casually stroll by whilst I was queuing for the super stage

5) At her table, showing Hayley Atwell a pic of me when I sat next to Joss Whedon on a plane. And telling her about a scripted but not filmed scene that he described to me back then that he'd written of Steve Rogers looking up Agent Carter at the end of the original Avengers movie. She's said she's going to ask him about it!

6) Seeing Bill Paxton kiss Catherine Tate on the lips as he generally tried cheering her up from something bad that had happened to her in the photoshoot she'd just come from..(Saw a little bit of that too)

7) Standing behind a guy in the autograph queue who was laying the praise on Bill Paxton a little heavily, (Quite understandable though) only for Bill without skipping a beat to say, "Hey look, I can see where this is going, but I'm sorry, I gotta tell you Man...I'm straight!" He was just joking with the guy.. But I almost died of laughing though and it took a lot of effort for me to compose myself when asking for an autograph next..

8) Having Sigourney Weaver in the Aliens talk tell me that she recognised that I had a Scottish accent from her having watched all the golf on tv..

9) Getting to relate to Bill Paxton at his talk about a time when a friend had (successfully ) used a line of his character in Predator 2. I then was asked to say the line.

Jeez, trying to do a funny Bill Paxton line in front of THE Bill Paxton?..no pressure eh?

10) And last, but certainly not least, queuing for the Michael J Fox Delorean shoot in the Marty McFly gear once more and suddenly noticing that someone walking by was looking me up and down, and then flashing me a very sexy smile! That person?...Only Lea Thompson again, who I guess remembered me from the Friday photoshoot!

So yeah, being given the once over by one of my childhood crushes? Man, I'm never going to be able to watch Back to the Future in quite the same way again! LOL! :)

• Like 8

The only surreal moment that happened to me was Zach Galligan remembering me from a collectormania almost 10 years ago and then having a conversation with him about Candy Crush :D

• Like 1

It was my first Comic Con so it was all surreal!!!

But when I was about to leave David Bradley's photoshoot, I saw my boyfriend saying hi and handshaking a man seated in a chair. I realized it was Doran Martell (Alexander Siddig), the prince of Dorne! I couldn't go to his photoshoot or autograph so I felt really lucky to say hi to him and how much I love Dorne.

I'd already made a post about this on one of the facebook groups, but what the heck, I'll list them all here too! (Deep Breath!):-

1) Taking a short cut round the tight corner behind the cosplay stage and almost running over Bill Paxton

2) Going to a photo shoot with Lea Thompson, dressed in Marty McFly style cosplay where upon she jumps up and loudly exclaims "You're my son!" and gives me a big hug for the photoshoot. (How I wish I'd kept my head long enough to give a witty "Just don't call me Calvin"...instead of just laughing. But I was just so taken aback. Though that was nothing compared to what was to come..)

3) Possibly scaring Neve Campbell when my phone started doing a very loud countdown to taking a pic when she was signing. (Had forget to adjust the settings.) She made a joke about how she thought it was a bomb!

4) Having both Hayley Atwell and Robert England casually stroll by whilst I was queuing for the super stage

5) At her table, showing Hayley Atwell a pic of me when I sat next to Joss Whedon on a plane. And telling her about a scripted but not filmed scene that he described to me back then that he'd written of Steve Rogers looking up Agent Carter at the end of the original Avengers movie. She's said she's going to ask him about it!

6) Seeing Bill Paxton kiss Catherine Tate on the lips as he generally tried cheering her up from something bad that had happened to her in the photoshoot she'd just come from..(Saw a little bit of that too)

7) Standing behind a guy in the autograph queue who was laying the praise on Bill Paxton a little heavily, (Quite understandable though) only for Bill without skipping a beat to say, "Hey look, I can see where this is going, but I'm sorry, I gotta tell you Man...I'm straight!" He was just joking with the guy.. But I almost died of laughing though and it took a lot of effort for me to compose myself when asking for an autograph next..

8) Having Sigourney Weaver in the Aliens talk tell me that she recognised that I had a Scottish accent from her having watched all the golf on tv..

9) Getting to relate to Bill Paxton at his talk about a time when a friend had (successfully ) used a line of his character in Predator 2. I then was asked to say the line.

Jeez, trying to do a funny Bill Paxton line in front of THE Bill Paxton?..no pressure eh?

10) And last, but certainly not least, queuing for the Michael J Fox Delorean shoot in the Marty McFly gear once more and suddenly noticing that someone walking by was looking me up and down, and then flashing me a very sexy smile! That person?...Only Lea Thompson again, who I guess remembered me from the Friday photoshoot!

So yeah, being given the once over by one of my childhood crushes? Man, I'm never going to be able to watch Back to the Future in quite the same way again! LOL! :)

Seinfeld : "Irish , Scottish....what's the difference ?" ;)

I have a habit of either missing someone walk RIGHT past me, or nearly walking into them.

So, in regular fashion I almost walked smack bang into Bill Paxton, I almost trod on Sigourney Weaver apparently and nearly walked into Michael Gambon whilst he was having a cig outside pizza express :P

Me too! Last year it was Summer Glau and this year I almost knocked down Sean Gunn! I could see the horror on his face, he must have been prepared for the collison! :D Luckily nothing happened, I just turned really red and mumbled an apology :blush: I also walked behind Hayley Atwell when she was leaving the 3rd floor and had quite a hard time containing myself :D

what was the bad thing with Caatherine Tate Photoshoot?

For me my 2 surreal moments were 1. meeting sigourney weaver at her signing, i have ghostbuster portrait tattoos on my arm and she noticed them and said "wow, those are awesome...but im not on you" i said "you will be soon" which she replied with "i hope so" hahaha i kinda melted for a moment, had a big grin and left, what a moment that will always be with me :)

and 2. at lea thompson's photoshoot throwing her arms open and saying "hey gorgeous" and giving me a massive squeeze. school boy crush for sure lol

There is no dana only zuul

Edited by teabelly83
  • Like 6

I have a couple

On Friday I was the first person to meet brutus beefcake while I was waiting for him to getready rocky Johnson walks up and says to him 'you filthy f**king son of a bitch no way I am sitting next to you' they stare each bother out for what seemed like an hour (it was 5 seconds) and then hugged and laughed,for a moment I thought we were going to get some live wrestling!

Claudia wells calling me handsome and giving me a hug,I will NEVER forget that

• Like 3

was just going to ask this too.

I went to the toilet just before the bttf talk and as I came out my boyfriend said that Lea Thompson had been in there also!

Also Finn Jones (GOT) wearing Adventure time glasses just before I got his autograph :

tumblr_ns0eg0RlYN1r9so79o1_540.jpg

Edited by Emmabtvs
  • Like 3

In the first photoshoot I was one of the very few batch two folk let in before the session ended. As I was going in through the little corridor bit, there was this guy surrounded by showmasters/security staff. He was REALLY agitated, and was loudly exclaiming.."I just want to find out from her what it was I supposedly did!"

The staff answered this saying something like "Look there's been a complaint. So that's not going to happen.."

I didn't see what it was he said or did, but I do know at this point people were being really rushed through, as there was a kid in front of me who tried to say something to Catherine and was very quicky ushered away. And even looking at my photo it seems like she's really straining to smile at the moment it was taken.

Then just a little later I was down getting an autograph from Bill Paxton, and he seemed like he was really going out of his way to cheer her up, and I did notice that in the time it took for me to go from his signing table next to her, to going back through Catherine's queue the sign above her had changed from no posed photos to having a 'post it' placed over the posed part so that it just said 'no photos' altogether. It was also around this time that I saw a crewmember giving the 'finger across neck' hand gesture to stop/cut off the queue. So I don't know if she needed a few minutes to compose herself or something, but she did seem shaken up.

I have learned since then that folks are saying that in her second photoshoot there was an instruction to people to not put their arm around her or touch her at all. It might just be a coincidence, as I've heard people say that she does get anxious meeting strangers/large crowds and all, but the little snippet of what I witnessed with the guy getting spoken to has me fearing that something unpleasant did happen that morning towards the end of the first photoshoot.. :(

I hope not, and that I'm just reading too much into things, but I suppose you never can tell. As I guess some folks have different definitions of boundaries and what's appropriate in these situations..

In the first photoshoot I was one of the very few batch two folk let in before the session ended. As I was going in through the little corridor bit, there was this guy surrounded by showmasters/security staff. He was REALLY agitated, and was loudly exclaiming.."I just want to find out from her what it was I supposedly did!"

The staff answered this saying something like "Look there's been a complaint. So that's not going to happen.."

I didn't see what it was he said or did, but I do know at this point people were being really rushed through, as there was a kid in front of me who tried to say something to Catherine and was very quicky ushered away. And even looking at my photo it seems like she's really straining to smile at the moment it was taken.

Then just a little later I was down getting an autograph from Bill Paxton, and he seemed like he was really going out of his way to cheer her up, and I did notice that in the time it took for me to go from his signing table next to her, to going back through Catherine's queue the sign above her had changed from no posed photos to having a 'post it' placed over the posed part so that it just said 'no photos' altogether. It was also around this time that I saw a crewmember giving the 'finger across neck' hand gesture to stop/cut off the queue. So I don't know if she needed a few minutes to compose herself or something, but she did seem shaken up.

I have learned since then that folks are saying that in her second photoshoot there was an instruction to people to not put their arm around her or touch her at all. It might just be a coincidence, as I've heard people say that she does get anxious meeting strangers/large crowds and all, but the little snippet of what I witnessed with the guy getting spoken to has me fearing that something unpleasant did happen that morning towards the end of the first photoshoot.. :(

I hope not, and that I'm just reading too much into things, but I suppose you never can tell. As I guess some folks have different definitions of boundaries and what's appropriate in these situations..

News to me- I was in her second shoot (batch 3- here's to having no initiative when it comes to buying tickets) and wasn't told anything about a no touching policy. I put my arm around her in the photo and she managed a half-smile.

Curious to know what went down in the morning shoot that prompted such a revulsive reaction from her though.

I do not think I could handly hundreds of strangers putting their arms around me. Its an off part of their role in the entertainment world.

On that note a surreal moment for me was in a similar vein to the above.

My Sigourney Weaver power loader shoot I put my arm around Sigourney's waist and because she was so wonderfully tall I accidentally put my hand lower than expected! Seriously not my fault, and I moved it up instantly, but I can see a few people doing that as she was inches taller than me and I am over 6 foot! An honest mistake, but thinking back very surreal to say the least!

I learned from my mistake and my hand was far higher in the next shoot. The fact is that could have been bad. So mistakes with guests pop up on our behalf I am sure.

Mind you I am sure a few are just dodgy people doing it for kicks.

I can understand why some people wear the GoPro cameras to record their entire days events in front of them.

Mind you this year I do not think I saw any! I ussualy see a lot of people with them strapped to their heads or chests.

Imagine watching back 8 hours of footage haha Would need some heavy editing.

Edited by RomeroSavini
  • Like 1

I can understand why some people wear the GoPro cameras to record their entire days events in front of them.

Mind you this year I do not think I saw any! I ussualy see a lot of people with them strapped to their heads or chests.

Imagine watching back 8 hours of footage haha Would need some heavy editing.

There is one video on youtube it's nearly 3 hours long but was very interesting to watch.