Favourite guest ?

Gemma Whelan was lovely and very chatty and was more than happy to have her photo taken after the signing, something I don't normally do :)

Daniel Portman too was very chatty and like someone has already said seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say, leading to a personal message on the photo.

Claudia Wells and Lea Thompson were full of smiles and a joy to meet - but standout for me was Ray Park who came across as THE most genuine guy of the weekend, really happy to chat and pose for a photo and just really made you feel he appreciated you as a fan.

Also, Harry Waters Jr - again, great enthusiasm and full of smiles, willing to have a photo and give a great signature.

:)

All the guests I met were great. The busy ones all looked up, smiled, said hello or thank you when I got my autograph - which I always appreciate when they're rushing through people and can't personalise etc so it's an exceptionally short meeting. But, as usual, my favourites were some of the 'smaller' guests I met - as there was more time for a bit of interaction.

Peter Shinkoda was lovely. He seemed so pleased and appreciative to have people coming to see him. I went to meet him because of Falling Skies, but we talked for a while about his episode of Supernatural - which I had forgot he'd been in as it was way back in Season 1, but one of the photos on his table was from the show so I asked him about it. And also the excellent first season of Daredevil, which I've only just finished watching.

And both Michael Traynor and Steve Coulter were great too. Michael was very funny when I selected the picture of him escaping from the revolving door for him to sign, and he came out from behind his table for a photo, which is always nice when the guest is on the end of a row. I didn't talk to either for long because I was rushing a bit at that point on Friday afternoon, but both were very nice and happily answered my question about their time on The Walking Dead.

• Like 1

Sigourney. She was so graceful and calm and smiley and 'normal' and made the effort to speak to and hug those who had paid to have photos with her. She was stunning. It was such a lovely experience and now I'm even more of a fan. :thumbup:

Sadly my MJF delorean shoot at the end of the day was a different experience and I felt so awful for MJF as he looked truly exhausted after what must have been a heck of a weekend and with his condition on top of that I think he did a top job. I didn't get any eye contact or any words from him (and many others before me had the same) but we were being rushed through so quickly it was ridiculous (though I obviously understand the need for this as well). I did say it was lovely to have met him but I'm pretty sure he didn't hear me. In hindsight I'd have picked a more personal shot with just him and earlier in the day, but of course I wasn't to know how it would all work out with timings, poses etc. He's still my favourite actor and came across so humble and warm-hearted in the BTTF talk.

I enjoyed meeting all of the guests this weekend but must say I think my favourite was J. LaRose.

He was just a really nice guy :) seemed very pleased when I told him whilst watching Insidious in the cinema it was his character that made me scream and in the photos he wanted to make sure everyone's looked "perfect".

I had a great time

I met over 30 guests, my fav are: TMNT actors, Robert Englund, Rey Park, Gary Kurtz, Erik Bauersfeld & absolutely Colette Hiler & Dave Barclay. To be fair, most of them were very friendly, I just encountered one very rude guest (even the organizer next to him was embarrassed by him),, but giving his age (& the heat) he might have a rough day.

James Remar was everything I expected him to be. Super kind and a genuinely nice guy (thankfully as he was the main reason I came this year!). Asked me how I injured my finger at the autograph table in the morning, posed for a photo and still proceeded to talk to me after we were done, then greeted me in the afternoon photoshoot by saying "heyyy, it's the guy missing his fingertip!". Great guy.

Neve Campbell was very sweet and humble, and made sure to chat and hold a conversation further than just a "hey" or "hi".

They were the 2 guests that made my day by far.

Neve was my fave to meet, she was dead chatty and I didn't feel rushed at her table. She was my highlight.

My other highlight for a smaller celeb would be collete hiller from Alien. She was really lovely and chatty. Asked if we wanted a photo with her etc such a lovely lady. Really nice. No wonder her queue took ages lol

Colette was like the Energizer bunny! She was bouncing around, coming around for pics with the fans, very chatty. My partner is the Aliens fan, but I really enjoyed meeting her as well :-)

RDA was a personal favourite took the time to speak as did Rose Leslie, Sigourney also exchanged a few words as well which was nice.

I think we were in the queue with you for Rose Leslie - she was absolutely adorable and so sweet! There aren't many guests I'd go back to meet multiple times, but she's definitely one person I'd love to see again :clap:

Garrett Wang was amazing he was making each photo different and really interacting with each guest. When I was my turn he just "come here" and pulled me into a bear hug! It was so funny :P

While standing in the queue for Ray Park at another event, we listened to Garrett as he spoke to and interacted with his fans - he is absolutely so funny and genuine and really takes the time to make each fan feel special :thumbup:

Claudia Wells and Lea Thompson were full of smiles and a joy to meet - but standout for me was Ray Park who came across as THE most genuine guy of the weekend, really happy to chat and pose for a photo and just really made you feel he appreciated you as a fan.

Also, Harry Waters Jr - again, great enthusiasm and full of smiles, willing to have a photo and give a great signature.

:)

We've met Ray twice and he's absolutely one of my all-time favourite guests to meet; you stand in the queue a long time for him, but when you see how much time he takes with every fan, it's worth the wait. Like Garrett Wang, he makes you feel like you're the only fan in the world lol

In addition to Rose Leslie, who I'm very glad I didn't get a photoshoot with because she's stunningly beautiful and I would've looked like a troll, Sherilyn Fenn was a fantastic guest. I finally managed to catch up with her Sunday, and we had a great chat about her role in Of Mice and Men. I teach the book and show the film, and it was wonderful to get some perspective on her character. She verified a few things I'd wondered about, and I can't wait to get back to school in September and share them with my students :coolthumb:

Naomi and Erika from American Horror Story were fabulous as well! They seemed so happy to be there and made time to talk to every guest, sharing anecdotes from the show, etc. I know some people were complaining that Erika was late getting to photoshoots, back to her signing table and such, but she kept getting stopped by people as she was walking, and being the lovely lady she is, she would stop to chat. I'd rather have a guest like that in attendance than someone who, even when spoken to politely in passing, simply blanks you and moves on. I got autographs from both ladies for my daughter's Christmas gift - she lives in America and got me hooked on AHS - and would love to get a few more AHS cast members at SM shows :::hint hint hint::: :whistling:

Edited by GinfromGA

Author Lucy Saxon in the YALC area. Very chatty, she revealed some things about her next book when I asked, too. It was also very interesting to meet someone (for a signing) who was extremely excited about meeting other guests.

I only met three - Luke Pasqualino, Reeve Carney and Hayley Atwell but they were all lovely!

I got a bit fangirly with Luke and ended up not being able to string a sentence together very well :blush: but he was more than happy to take photos at the signing table and was smiley during photoshoots. He got bonus points for being able to spell my name :clap:

Reeve was such a lovely guy, he had a lot of time for anyone getting an auto, and even took photos with people separately from the auto queue. He was chatty and very appreciative of eveyone's nice comments about Penny Dreadful. :laugh::thumbup:

Hayley was super busy by the time I got my auto and I was really lucky to be just a few people ahead of where they stopped letting her do personalisations! But she looked amazing and was lovely, I thanked her for her genius in the Carter vs SHIELD dubsmash war last week and she laughed and said it was a lot of fun, and that her and James D'Arcy flew all the way to Atlanta JUST to do the one with Chris Evans :D

• Like 1

Tom Savini... The couple of people who had gone before me for an auto were big, cool rocker type dudes who had a chat with Tom savini,I don't look anything like your typical uber horror/Romero/anything zombie fan, I was wearing a pink dress lipstick (I'm also glaswegian) so when I met him I got quite fangirly with him and told him about how I'd hero worshipped him since I was a kid watching Romero films, etc, but said this with a strong Scottish accent and a crazed look on my face, he looked genuinely scared of me!! WAS AMAZING

I met over 30 guests, my fav are: TMNT actors, Robert Englund, Rey Park, Gary Kurtz, Erik Bauersfeld & absolutely Colette Hiler & Dave Barclay. To be fair, most of them were very friendly, I just encountered one very rude guest (even the organizer next to him was embarrassed by him),, but giving his age (& the heat) he might have a rough day.

I too meet one guest who didn't even register me say hello or anything , as I was the only person at the time getting his autograph you'd think he would have the manners to even say hello ! Wonder if it was the same person ?

Keisha Castle-Hughes, she is really lovely ans she made me laugh when she up on her chair and screamed something on Saturday and Finn Jones who made me sign for chatting with him a bit :king:. But all the guests from Game of Thrones who were there on Friday and Saturday (I was only there on that days but I know that Gemma Whelan is really lovely too) have been welcoming with me.

• Like 1

Of the 15 guests I met, RDA was definitely my favourite. Partly because I've been waiting to meet him for EVER, partly because he was so jolly nice and chatty with everyone who met him. Nothing is better than an actor that really lives up to your expections :-)

Also lovely were the GoT female guests - all of whom were smiley, chatty and personlising with all sorts of quotes without asking.

Kelly Hu was also very chatty and smiley.

Jonathan Pryce was, well, professional, but I wouldn't exactly say warm and friendly. He did thank me by name and smile when he gave me my auto back, but I didn't feel I could talk to him even though he was quiet at the time I visited....