Dave Prowse/Kenny Baker

Praise to both these guys even though it was clear Kenny wasn't well he smiled and was friendly to me. Same with Dave Prowse such a cool guy.

Also I think it was Too tall as the crew member in charge I think he did a great job especially with the changes at booth E

• Like 2

It's always nice to see Kenny and I'm sure that once the Force Awakens posters start circulating there will be plenty of people wanting him to sign them :)

So is he in the force awakens? I assumed he was too old or physically unable to get into r2d2 anymore

It's always nice to see Kenny and I'm sure that once the Force Awakens posters start circulating there will be plenty of people wanting him to sign them :)

So is he in the force awakens? I assumed he was too old or physically unable to get into r2d2 anymore

I thought Kenny wasn't in Force Awakens, R2 units are going to be radio controlled.

I take my hat off to Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker (and Jeremy Bulloch) they are regular SM guests and have been doing the signing circuit for years. I have been fortunate to meet them several times at past events. They are very popular with the crowds and a very good example of how guests should engage with their fans, they are Legends.

It'll be a sad day for all when they decide to step back out of the signing circuit. I wish them all well.

• Like 1

I met all 3 again this weekend and was great but i agree i think although Kenny is willing he is really struggling to sign these days and takes a lot of time and effort for each signature, so i thnk he should retire.

Had a short chat to Dave and Jeremy they were both great, Dave commented that he loved my poster that i asked him to sign

Kenny and his wife were really lovely and we chatted about the Madame Tussauds Star Wars exhibit (as those were the pictures I had signed). I was really surprised that they hadn't been invited to the launch or at least to see the exhibition.

I thought Kenny wasn't in Force Awakens, R2 units are going to be radio controlled.

But people will Google R2D2 and see him and want his autograph...

Kenny's role as R2 D2 has largely been honorary for a long time. I think even in Jedi he was in an Ewok costume more than in R2. Most of the photos he signs from the prequels he isn't in, but it's still his character. He'd only have to be on set half a day for a few pickup shots.

• Like 1

Kenny's role as R2 D2 has largely been honorary for a long time. I think even in Jedi he was in an Ewok costume more than in R2. Most of the photos he signs from the prequels he isn't in, but it's still his character. He'd only have to be on set half a day for a few pickup shots.

Exactly - R2D2 IS Kenny Baker - no excuses :)