how were your experiences meeting guests?

Richard Dean Anderson - simply fabulous. Always so funny and he actually cared about meeting his fans!

Robert Englund - he was having a blast in the photoshoots. You could really tell he was enjoying it as much as the fans.

• Like 1

Friday:

Sean Gunn - very nice and friendly, wanted to chat and asked if it was ok to have a look through my Guardians book I asked him to sign. Got an over the desk picture with him too, great guy.

Kelly Hu - friendly, chatty, genuinely interested in the other Arrow autographs I have on my blu-ray sleeve.

Gregg Henry - not someone I planned to meet, but spur of the moment as he had no queue. Asked him to sign my Guardians book too, he asked me what it was etc, nice guy, handshake and all.

Ray Park - huge queue all weekend. He had cancelled the last London show I went to so didn't want to miss out, he didn't disappoint. Chatted with everyone, had plenty of time for us all too. Got an over the desk pic with him. Another great guest.

Jason David Frank - nice enough guy, but he seemed pissed off with his security guys getting in his personal space, which then kinda ran over to our experience. He was nice and thanked us for coming etc. I got to meet him for a 2nd time as one of my mates asked me to carry his other poster, ended up with an over the desk selfie with JDF this time around.

Saturday

Hayley Atwell - photoshoots ran over and she didn't seem happy about something, so when she got back, she was being rushed by the pitboss and she wasn't happy and we had very little 'experience' with her.

Photo Op - Jason David Frank - greeted everyone, picture snapped, then thanked them for coming. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Photo Op - Kelly Hu - smiled and greeted everyone, she was having fun and it showed. I had to have a retake of my photo, and we make a little joke about it, but overall really nice.

Sunday

Photo Op - Hayley Atwell - same as her autograph session, they were rushing people thorough so there was no experience, just hi-snap-bye, which was a shame as Hayley was the guest I was looking forward to the most.

Dan Slott was great, I met him on both Friday and Saturday as I had quite a few comics to get signed so spread it over 2 days. He was chatting with everyone, joking, he was so excited he got to meet Julian Glover at the con and had a list of others he wanted to see. Got a picture with him too, I'd recommend Dan to anyone.

Going to jump in here then with my weekend!

Saturday:

Jessica Henwick - Lovely person, who seemed really happy to be there meeting people. Seemed to be constantly smiling, and I was just kind of stood there thinking "my God you're attractive." :blush: I did want to stay and chat with her a bit longer as she gave the impression of being fun to talk to, but she had a queue so I bailed.

Keisha Castle-Hughes - Not as chatty as Jessica, but still pretty cool. Didn't have natural, flowing conversation like you do with some guests so sadly didn't really hang much after getting my poster signed.

Carice Van Houten - I've already discussed my experience with her so I'm not going to repeat myself.

David Bradley - I waited all day for my VQ ticket to be called, and approaching 5 I was worried I wouldn't be seen but he seemed to be flying through at the end of the day. I think the constant signing had taken a slight toll on him, but he was still polite and smiled. I was moved on before I could really talk to him properly though (understandable, there were loads of people still to be seen).

Alexander Siddig - I wasn't sure what to expect, as when I saw him sat there he looked the serious, to-the-point type,but he was actually surprisingly friendly. Reached out to give him a fist-bump after the signing (I know some guests don't do hand shakes and I would feel embarassed to be rejected, so I opt for a fist bump instead which never gets refused), he reached out for a handshake and nearly shook my fist. We then both agreed on a fist bump.

Michael J Fox - Met him for a while 3.65 seconds during a DeLorean photo shoot so don't have an opinion on him personality wise, but he is so small in real life (he's small on TV but I surpised when he walked past me). He also looks really frail. :no: I gave a thumbs-up in my photo and he did likewise, so based on that alone I was happy.

Sunday:

Gemma Whelan - Lovely,lovely person. I've never seen anyone so happy to meet guests at a convention and you can tell she enjoys doing them. Could have easily spent 5+ minutes there if it wasn't for the huge queue. And compared to her character Yara, she looks so much younger and much prettier. Those photos she spent all day signing do not her any kind of justice!

Jonathan Pryce - As I feared with Alexander, Jonathan was the serious, to-the-point type. I wasn't really expecting much from him to be honest, and he was nice without being friendly. Despite all his good roles, he never seemed to be busy (I think the price might have put a lot of people off) and spent a bit of the afternoon just sat there at the desk.

Iain Glen - Listening to his queue manager calling out batch numbers, this guy is a signing machine. He was polite and said hi and smiled, but you could sense he was on a mission to get through as many signatures as possible. I kept the conversation to a minimum; just told him I was a big fan and thanked him. A professional signer if I ever met one. The photo shoot however, he seemed to perk up and was a lot more open and happy to meet people. Got a great pic with him.

Rose Leslie - An absolute nightmare to get an autograph from, but an absolute joy to meet. She had a smile on her face all day and from what I saw greeted every fan with the same enthusiasm. One of my favorite guests I've met. Seemed easy to talk to as well which is nice; in the brief moment we shared during the photo shoot we discussed being sweaty!

Edited by tompain100
  • Like 2

I attended on Saturday. As a Musketeers fan you won't be surprised to hear I met Tom Burke, Maimie Mc Coy and Luke Pasqualino. I have to say all three were absolutely lovely, beyond patient and very friendly. Tom was especially wonderful to the fans who had come along to meet him. Could not have done more for us.

Sigourney Weaver was amazing..

Erin Cahill getting me to pose for a photo with her and a Pink Power Ranger helmet...even though I'm over 40 & male..lol

Chatting with Jeremy Bulloch about the Boba Fett costume he was about to wear for his up coming shoot, which I also had done.

Lea Thompson who was just wonderful.

Being the last one for the Micheal J Fox Delorean shoot and managing to have a few words with him is something I will always remember.

It was the perfect way to end my time at LFCC

I attended Sunday only & had 4 awesome moments & 1 slightly disappointing.

Jason David Frank: (Autograph & Photo Shoot)

Jason David Frank was my whole reason for going, then when Hayley was announced that made my day, so they were my top 2 for being there.

JDF was absolutely awesome! So full of energy & enthusiasm, seemed genuinely happy to be there & really engaging with every fan he encountered, just pleasantly humble & a great guy. Remembered me at the Photo Shoot which was like 6 hours after getting his autograph.

Hayley Atwell: (Autograph & Photo Shoot)

Unfortunately, I met her Sunday & got to her signing pretty soon. She didn't seem like she wanted to be there & was pretty quiet, odd when she seemed more energetic / enthused on Saturday (From people's stories & posts) for people when that should have been the day she was more drained through the jet lag, yet from others she sounded more nicer & friendlier that day sadly & I've seen some people's autographs on Instagram where she went above & beyond for some folk with quotes or lines on people's autos as well as personalising, so, must just be pretty hit & miss.

At least she managed to Smile for the photo shoot even if it now just feels a little forced or like it was a chore for her.

Obviously I know the popular celebs have a lot of fans, photos & sigs to get through as well as all the travel, but when I look at my other top person I wanted to meet in JDF, who was a complete utter ball of energy & enthusiasm & seemed genuinely happy to be there & really engaging with everyone he spoke to it was quite deflating for Hayley to be the opposite.

My friend did the whole weekend & when I found him Sunday morning he said he had heard Hayley was being a bit miserable / off on Saturday too, so I had been forewarned anyways, but it was still disheartening to hear that that could be the experience.

Well, at least I have my photo & auto, but don't think I'd pay to meet her again.

JDF, Erin, Rose & Bill I would in a heartbeat though.

Erin Cahill: (Autograph & Photo Shoot)

First person I met Sunday morning for an auto & it was the best experience ever! She was so warm & friendly & she was thrilled & over the moon I knew of a lot of stuff she's done & been in since Power Rangers Time Force & that I've followed most of her career, she got real giddy & happy when I told her Wingman Inc was one of my favourite movies & that I had seen it.

Later at the photo shoot she remembered me & as I was walking up to her she shouts "Here's my Wingman" which was pretty funny. Just an absolute pleasure to meet.

Bill Paxton: (Photo Shoot)

I only had a photo shoot with Bill, and I felt more of a warm welcome & had pleasant exchanges with him in that short time than anything from Hayley in two meets (Auto & Photo Shoot). Real friendly gentleman & again, seemed genuinely happy to be there, couldn't ask for more than that.

Rose Leslie: (Autograph & Photo Shoot)

I waited what seemed like an eternity for the chance to get her autograph as the VQT were ridiculously high & then of course they were all the Saturday folk as well. My number was 204, so really didn't think there was any chance of getting one.

Met her at her 2nd photo shoot & was quite chatty in the time that we had, asked how I was, brief chat & then mentioned I had been trying to get her autograph all day.

My JDF Photo Shoot was at 5:00 p.m., after I was finished there I thought I'd head back up & see what it was like for Rose's autograph & the line was quite short, it was now about 5:30 or just after & wasn't even sure if people were still allowed to join, but I chanced it & sure enough you were, but they were saying no personalisation's, which personally, I absolutely hate, I just like to have my name on everything. Anyways. I get up to her & she remembers me from the photo shoot & was very appreciative I came back to try & get her auto so she personalised mine. She was just so warm & friendly & an absolute pleasure to meet.

So, overall, JDF, Erin Cahill, Rose Leslie & Bill Paxton were all top notch though, especially JDF, Erin & Rose who were all very chatty, enthused & seemed happy to be meeting you, so 4 great experiences out of 5 is all good, just a shame it's Hayley that I seemed to catch at a bad time or bad moment sadly.

Catherine Tate - I'm not a fan of her and I got an auto for my step-daughter, but she just made me laugh after. Handed the name for personalisation to the crew member with her, Catherine didn't make eye contact, just wrote the name, signed the pic and handed it over. At least she said "Thank you" after I thanked her. Makes me laugh, the one before me got handed the autograph and Catherine wasn't even LOOKING at them, instead looked at Bill Paxton next to her. With a very "not very intimidating" bodyguard inches behind her with the old earpiece in, and you have Bill Paxton and Christopher Lloyd beside her without any, chatting and smiling and making fans feel welcome, this TV star really came across rude and like she couldn't be bothered. Oh well. Not my issue as she didn't have time for me as I didn't really for her! Can't win them all.

That really surprises me about Catherine cos i'd have thought she'd be really friendly

She was very friendly the last time I met her (which was at a weekend con), but this time I have to agree that as much as I adore her, she was brief and only looked up and smiled as she was handing me the autograph I was collecting for my cousin. I figured she was being pressed for time as she was being very quick with every autograph, but yeah, I was a bit disappointed with it when comparing it to the friendly, lovely and chatty person I remembered from two years ago.

As for the other guests for me:

Several really positive encounters.
Sean Gunn, had a lovely chat with him at his table and he remembered me when I went to his shoot
Lea Thompson & Sherilyn Fenn called me beautiful <3
Richard Dean Anderson being genuinely interested in meeting and talking with his fans
Rose Leslie being all smiles and energy
And there were so many other nice guests I met over the weekend.
One really disappointing encounter, however, was Michael Gambon. I know better than to expect much in a photoshoot, but hey man considering the price we were all paying (diamond or not), at least meet our eyes and acknowledge that we're there. No matter how busy a shoot is, there's always time to at least look, smile and/or nod to us. There was an adorable little girl in front of me in the queue with a Dumbledore wand and all he did was vaguely point to her in the photo, I mean, come on. I'm happy the little girl was happy in the end, but she deserved more than what he gave. I hope other people got their money's worth with him, because I don't feel I did.

I attended on Saturday. As a Musketeers fan you won't be surprised to hear I met Tom Burke, Maimie Mc Coy and Luke Pasqualino. I have to say all three were absolutely lovely, beyond patient and very friendly. Tom was especially wonderful to the fans who had come along to meet him. Could not have done more for us.

Totally agree, Tom and Luke were such sweethearts,

• Like 1

Michael Traynor was awesome. What a funny guy esp in photo shoot area.

Tom and Luke aka musketeers were so lovely and i chatted with tom in the lift which was so cool

i liked all the guests i met, too many too list

Daniel Portman - He just seems like he's just a all round great guy! I joined my sister when she got his auto (I had mine the year before) and she asked me which picture she should pick. I pointed at one and said 'I picked this one last year' Daniel then turned to me and asked me if I went last year and he also asked for my name. He remembered me from last year!!!! I had another photo with him this year and he was once again very nice, chatty and friendly. He was also very warm, nice to hug and then he gave me THE wink :blush::blush::blush:

Carice Van Houten - I only had a auto with her. Even though she seemed very tired and possibly ill, She was very friendly! At first she just put her signature on the picture but I asked if it was okay if she could include my name and she seemed more than happy too ^_^

Sigourney Weaver - I only had a photo with her and all I can say is that she is STUNNING! Even though these big guest photoshoots go super quick, she still greeted you with a smile, some words and after the photo was taken you leave feeling really good :D

Gemma Whelan - I had a auto and two photos with her at her desk. She was absolutely amazing to meet! She was super friendly and very chatty. She saw my BTTF top and asked me if I was going to meet MJF later. (Which I did!!!) She then spoke to me about how much she wanted to meet MJF and how he was being kept in a special little room. I asked her if guests get the chance to meet other guests and she was really hoping that she would get the chance too (I really hope she did! I saw a picture that Daniel Portman put on his Twitter of him, MJF and some other people.) She then did my auto and was more than happy to take a few pictures with me and my friend! :clap:

Iain Glen - I had a photo and auto with him. This guy just seems like a absolute gentleman! I had a great time in the photoshoot area. When it was my turn, I went up, said hi and he pulled me straight into a hug (Which I was more than happy to be apart of!) after the pic was taken I moved up to collect my photo and me and my sister got chatting to the girl who was asking everyone to move up and my sister told her that she has the best job ever. She agreed because she gets to look at Iain Glenn the whole time she's asking people to move up. (So that's why people crew for Showmasters :P ) When I was paying for my auto I noticed that the girl I was giving my money too was the same girl from the photoshoot area and I said 'I bet you have been enjoying your day' and she just laughed and agreed with me. (She was so lucky lol) I then went in front of Iain who was very lovely and when he gave me my auto I asked if it was okay to shake his hand and he was more than happy too (It was a great hand shake!) When I stood off to the side to wait for my friend to get her auto, I noticed that my auto was smudged! Iain noticed and reached out for my auto which he quickly threw under his table and did another one for me. He told me to make sure that I keep my fingers off it next time (He was joking and not being rude at all) after I thanked him and moved away I checked my fingers but there was no blue ink on them at all so maybe it was Mr Glen that might of smudged it :P

Michael J Fox - I only had a photo with him. All I can say is that this man deserves a medal because when you got into the photoshoot area you could see just how hard he was working to pull off all these photos. I went up to him and said hello and quickly got into position for my photo. We were not allowed to touch him (I had no problem with this at all) so I put one arm around his chair and moved my head so it was closer to his. I was pleasantly surprised when he moved his head towards mine! After the photo I said a quick 'It was nice meeting you' but me being so out of it (I just met MJF after all) I nearly went around the back of his chair to exit but I quickly realised that this was wrong and quickly ran off the way I was suppose too! (Sorry to the crew for that btw! Silly me xD)

Rose Leslie - I had a photo and a auto with her. First of all I would like to once again thank the crew member who let me go into the photoshoot queue waaaay before I should of done. (I didn't ask to go in before I should of done but for some reason he let me) Anyways Rose looked flawless and she was super friendly! My photo with her ended up being one of my favs! When I went to get her auto (I luckily had VT 106) she was really chatty and she remembered me from the photoshoot!! :dance:

Edited by Siva
  • Like 2

I started my Saturday with The Musketeers guests, who were absolutely amazing! Luke Pasqualino started our conversation with asking me what my name was, when I told him, he immediately asked if I were Czech! :dance: He said that he really loves the Czech Republic, that he loves filming there. I didn't ask for a photo, because I had a photoshoot with him later (which also went very well). But judging from what I've seen through the whole day, he was very happy to pose for one! Maime McCoy seemed to be a bit surprised by the whole convention thing, nevertheless, she very nice, said that she misses Prague. We chatted a bit about how beautiful the Czech Republic is, even though it's quite small. She had no problem with taking a photo with me. Tom Burke strucked me as a true gentleman, he was a bit less open than Luke and Maime, but still very friendly and we chatted about my name :D Again, he had no problem with posing for a photo with me. :thumbup:

Kelly Hu was a huge surprise for me, I had no idea that she was so nice and chatty! She truly made every fan feel special and seemed like she was having the best time ever. She even added a quote from Arrow to her signature and wished me nice convention.

I waited for Carice van Houten to come back from lunch for over an hour and I really hoped that there was nothing serious going on...It was quick when she came back, she answered to my Hi, signed the photo (without personalization) and smiled when I said Thank you. She definitely wasn't rude! I had a photoshoot with her later and yes, she seemed a bit unwell, but was still very friendly and smiling for every photo! And wow, she is even more beautiful in real life!

Lea Thompson was simply phenomenal. She'd told me that I was beautiful and called me beauty twice, so I started to blush! :blush: She asked me where I was from, we agreed that the convenition was crazy, but good crazy and she told me that she was having a great time meeting all those wonderful people! She happily posed for a photo and overall made me (and I dare to say that every other fan) feel special and appreciated. :thumbup:

I got Hayley Atwell's autograph after my photoshoot with her (it was rushed, but she said Hi and Thank you to me and I think to everybody, which was great), sadly, no personalizations were allowed at that time, the line was big and it was quite rushed again. I only managed to say that I was also a huge fan of The Pillars of the Earth, she smiled and thanked me. I visited her talk later and it was just amazing! Hayley is such a funny, sweet and very intelligent woman, I could listen to her all day! :angel:

My whole experience with guests this year was really brilliant :YAHOO:

@kacule:

You're right. Kelly Hu was so sweet and charming and smiled all the time while getting her autograph. We talked about Sunset Beach (one of early roles). And she mentioned, that Sunset Beach might be more famous in Europe than in the US.
I told, that it was cancled in Germany after 300 and something Episodes.

She answered: argh... doesn't matter... the show didn't run long

Me: Yeah.. but I have wanted see how it did end. And I love that special touch/style... typically Aaron Spelling style.

She: Oh yes.. and I loved it very much to be in this show.

Me: how come's that you get always those action parts.

She: Well.. Im in Martial Arts and have a black belt.

Me: Oh cool.. so I shouldn't have a fight with you.

SHe: better not

Later at photo shooting she mentioned my NOH8 T-Shirt of John Barrowman: oh, I love your t-shirt, thats John Barrowman .

ME: I would love to meet him but you can tell him, that I wear his T-Shirt

she lauged: I will do!

Bill Paxton:
His line was long too, so I was a little bit afraid to ask something. I did let signing him my 2 Titanic Covers/ Booklet.

He said: that might be the biggest movie I made

Me: I love it. Its a part of Movie History. - How was working with Gloria Stuart (who played the Old Rose)

He: Oh.. she was a wonderful, charming lady.

Me: she was in the original Invisible Man movie in 1933. so it might been something special to work with her - even for you.

He: Yes Definitive.

sometime I getting nervous and stressed when I meet those Celebs that I can't speak correct english (I know, i'm not perfect). But Sigourney made me nervous :angel: and made only some blahblah...

I said: I like very much your acting, Aliens, Avatar, Gorilas in the Mist... so quite different roles.

She: thank you very much, glad you like my work.

Hayley Atwell didn't say a single word. just a very small smile. (LOL, better than nothing). I forgot to tell, that I have friend who's acting with her in Agent Carter but well..

At all, Gregg Henry, Tommy Walker, Garett Wang, Robert Rusler, William Forsyth ahd bet amazing gents. So charming nice.

Alice Krige, Lea Thomson, Frances Lee McCain, Neve Campbell..

I mentioned to Neve that I also like her Brothers (Christian) work like Malibu Shore.

She: oh... really, my brother.. oh thats sweet. That was a long time ago he did this show. Thank you very much. Glad you like our work.

Yes, it was busy, loud, crowdy, some stinky in level 1 :angel: ... when the water came from the roof but it was fun. Some Cosplayer are amazing, brav to walking in their amazing costumes around... a lot have really great costumes.

I said to any cosplayer that I like their Costumes (Captain Americas, Deadpool, Green Arrows etc.). And I got many big smiles and thanks back for this comment.

Yes: it was fun... even it was stressful and a bit disappointing that I haven't got every autograph I have wanted :crying:

well where to start .. i will point out that was my first ever convention so lets start at the beginning :)

FRIDAY :

JEREMERY BULLOCH : Now this is an interaction that my wife will most likeley never let me forget , we had literraly been in lfcc for about 10 minutes and i wanted to get my bobba fett funko pop signed by the man himself . so imagine my joy when we arrive there and there was only two people there in front . i was overjoyed because i had loads of questions for him . so funko pop ready i approach him . he makes eye contact and says hi and something im my brain breaks , i squeak " hi " he takes the bobba fett figure off me asks where would i like it signed . i squeak " anywhere " he signs figure and them hands it me back and then looks at me because he is expecting me to ask him questions . " thanks " i squeak and walk away . i did improve honest :)

ZACH GALLIGAN : now i had a purpose to actually talk to a guest whitout humiliating myself . my friend who was kindly cat sitting for us had handed me a poster magazine from the realse of the film for him to get signed . so we join queue ( about 10 people ) i get his poster ready and my gremlins bluray cover . we get to him and i say that he has to personalise both for differnt people . he picks up poster and says wow i havent seen one of these in a while so i told him it was an payment for my friend who was cat sitting for us .. he signs both happily and says that he must be a good frind for us to do this ... happily posed for photo and even talked a little bit with my wife .. nice guy

PHOTOSHOOTS :

NICOLE DE BOER : was really kind of nervous about this seeing as it was my first one . all i have to say is she could tell i was a bit shaky and said " you'll be fine " really calmed me down .. all in all a class act .. will definatley get her auto on her next apperance

LEA THOMPSON : now me and my wife were in the queue together ( a rare occasion that weekend ) . my wife went first and procced to gush about how beautiful and young lea was . then i approached her and said " would you please stop flirting with my wife " she laughed gave me a hug them took the photo tolm me i was a lucky man to be married to my wife and hugged me again . was an amazing experience

now this is where it got mental lolz

John Ratzenberger : now i had 4 shoots in 30 minutes ( bad shceuling on my part lol ) but christopherr lloyd over ran . so we were kinda rushed . but i then get to john say i pretty much loved him in everything . snap photo done was expecting to be moved on he says hold on there a minute and walks over to the photoographer and asks to see the photo . im now standing there going huh whats going on .. he looks at photo looks at me says hey you look fine shakes my hand and then i was moved on .. but alll this meant i had to run to

Zach Galligan : so i run to this photoshoot and get in the line was second to last as i walk over he says " ahh the poster guy from today , how you doing " . i tell him fine and that i had to run to get here . he goes wow decidacted and then we take photo ... i then tell him i have to run to other shoot so dont be offened ..he laughed .. then ran to

Ray Park : by this point i was **** knackerd again make it . join queue near to back .. and approach the muscle laden man that is ray park .. now genrally lining up i think of something to say so i dont say anything well ... me so i get close but i was tooo tired i just said " jesus christ you are gonna make look like the fattest b****** on earth " big harty laugh from ray tells me he'll push out his stomach so it dont look as bad .. awesome guy then my 4th and final run to ....

Kevin Eastman : i am a huge turtles fan so this was one i was looking forward to but after running like a madman for this time i get to the photo area get inside and i was literally the only non crew there . kevin was standing by the wall nowhere near photo area . im trying to talk but coundnt breathe. kevin says you okay guy . i get my breath back and tell him my running around so i could get this shhot with him ... he looks and me goes " you you are a true fan my friend " gives me a huge huga dn walks over to the shoot area .... best guy of the day and made the near heart attack worth it

SATURDAY:

now most of my shhots today were more of the thirty second hi how are you stuff but i had one auto and one shhot that will stick in my mind

ROBERT ENGLUND : now i was a huge fan of this guy but i kinda forgot about him really but had a diamond pass auto to get .. took a freddy funko and the diamond pass print to get signed now as expected the q was huggggeee but i was going nowhere . so i get to the front hand him my two items but as i do that i tell him that i first remeber him in the mini series V because it was an event in the uk because not much sci fi was on . we then spend the next ten minutes just chatting about the program , how much he enjoyed it . the effct it had on me . just all in all an awesome guy and he even rememberd me at the shoot later . as we came clsoe he said " if only i had a outfit from v here for you " AWESOME GUY brought all my love back for him .. stared a nightmare collection pretty much an hour later

JEREMERY BULLOCH: now this was his bobba fett costume shoot and i was determind not to make a twit of myself here ....so in front of me was a very friendly ex prison officer we got talking . now the shhot was set up he sttod there with helmet you got his gun and thsi was pretty much how it went till the guy in front of me goes up " would it be okay if i held your helmet " jermery looks at him thinks about it says ok .. they take thier photo so i was expecting him to hand jeremry the helemt back and i would get the gun but this guy hand me the helmet . i completey geekd out " spam I'M HOLDING BOBBA FETTS HELMET " kinda walked over in a daze and jeremy looked at me kinda smiled and adopted this pose here as you can see by my face i was in heaven

jb.png

wow that was a lot of typing may do sunday experiences but loved alll of it :)

Edited by teskothemad
  • Like 3

I met both Garrett Wang and Tim Russ early on Saturday morning for an autograph and both were really friendly and chatty. Tim was quite speedy in his photoshoot but still friendly and Garrett was doing different poses with each guest :). I though Michael Gambon was so funny because I have had about 40 photo shoots in the last 2 years and each one of those guests are smiling, he just looked so fed up in the photo!

I had photoshoots with Rose Leslie, Lea Thompson and Iain Glenn.

Iain's was fast as it was my first one but he seemed nice.

Rose was amazing and we had a little conversation about Downton Abbey.

Lea was absolutely lovely. I told her I loved her on Dancing with the Stars and the dance she did for her father (if you haven't seen it go to youtube) was beautiful and made me cry. We took the photo then she stopped to thank me, she seemed genuinely touched.

I got Finn Jones (GOT) autograph and he was lovely, taking a silly picture with me :

tumblr_nruwuvmoMF1r9so79o10_400.jpg

Got Katherine Tate's autograph and said I loved Lauren (Am I bovvered) as I work in a high school. She didn't say much and didn't let you take pictures at all which I found a bit off!

Bill Paxton was awesome. I met him Saturday for a photo shoot then an autograph. In the photo shoot I said hi bill I hope your having a great day and he said cheers buddy. ;-)

Michael j fox when I got the auto I said thank you for coming and I hope you have a great weekend. He looked up and smiled. Amazing.

Chris Lloyd seemed a bit off but that could have been jet lag

Rest of bttf cast were incredible. Donald (goodie Wilson) was very chatty and funny. Lea Thompson is stunning and very personable person.

I think I was expecting everyone to have massive queues but Friday some of the bttf cast were not busy at all so could have had a chat but I was in shock from meeting them so had no idea what to say. Felt like a bit of a tool. Lol

I met Sherilyn Fenn on Friday. It was a dream come true to meet her as I am a big fan of her movies since the 80s I got to tell her so and I had been requesting to meet her on the guest suggestions. I was gutted when she cancelled last year I got 2 photoshoots with her on Friday and Saturday. Sherilyn was a real highlight this year for me as I have a lot of her films. Many Sherilyn admitted she could not remember. I remember telling her I enjoyed the Rude Awakening TV comedy show she did in the late 90's. She was taken aback when I said I had the complete TV series even though only the first series was offically released last year. The show is a real blast IMHO. Sherilyn gave good insight into why she was never in Fire Walk With Me. She said she got the part in Of Mice and Men and was too much of a classic to not be in. Sherilyn loves that movie and her role she played. I wish I could have told her the other movies I enjoyed seeing her in. A big regret was not writing her some fanmail to give to her.

Neve Campbell was very friendly and easy to talk to another highlight for me.

It was another dream come true to meet Lea Thompson. Again a big fan of hers especially from the 80's movies she has been BTTF, Howard The Duck, Some Kind Of Wonderful, Red Dawn, Casual Sex, Caroline in the City,. Lea was very kind and I wish I could meet her again. Lea wrote a nice inscription on my 8 x 10 of her.

I met Carrie Henn on Friday and had a good chat about her teaching and where i currently live. Her mum was also great to talk to. Another highlight for me. An enjoyable meet.

I met John Ratzenberger on Saturday and asked him if he preferred Shelly Long or Kirstie Alley in Cheers. Without hesitation he said Kirstie Alley. I had a chuckle. Great guy! I had a bit of a moment where I could not make up my mind which colour sharpie to use for the Photo of him as Cliff from Cheers that I had got on the day from Statesidestills. It was one of those photos where the pen choice was difficult. John opted to use the black sharpie which did look the best option :)

I met Bill Paxton at the last moment on Saturday before leaving when I remembered I had a VQ ticket that was reasonably low 90 I think. He was open queue and was told there was no personalizations by the crew member. Bill saw I was a bit gutted and he waved me over and said he would do a personalization for me. So grateful I did go to see him at the end of Saturday. Bill was very easy to talk to and I got to shake his hand. I had already got MJF and Sigourney with my diamond passes.

Christopher Lloyd - I had a VQ ticket 115 but did not get around to trying for him because of the amount of things I wanted to get through. I did get to quickly say after my photoshoot that I enjoyed his work in the BTTF trilogy and Taxi and got a nice thanks from him. I regret not getting a diamond pass for him to get his autograph.

MJF - very grateful to get to be in the presence of Michael. Another highlight of the weekend for me. I love Michael and especially watching Family Ties whilst growing up. Michael signed my 8 x 10 portrait photo of him from taken in the 80s on Saturday as I could not make it on Sunday. I had a high diamond pass number for MJF and Sigourney. Thanks immensely Opal for arranging the dispensation to get me in to see Michael and Sigourney on Saturday.

I was able to say a few words to Sigourney whilst getting her autograph and said I liked Aliens, Ghostbusters and Half Moon Street. I chose the Ghostbusters portrait photo to get signed. I felt on a real high after meeting Sigourney and during the photoshoot and Powerloader photoshoot. It was nice atmosphere during the wait and talking to other fans around me. Thanks guys.

I enjoyed my photoshoots with Erin Cahill, Jennifer Rubin, Sherilyn Fenn, Lea Thompson, Jodi Lyn O Keefe, Christopher Lloyd, Richard Dean Anderson, Carrie Henn all very friendly.

In total had 26 photoshoots over Friday and Saturday and had a great time meeting and speaking with other convention goers. Looking forward to Winter LFCC and the next set of guests.

Edited by BigDave

I am happy with everyone I met!

FRIDAY

James Remar (photoshoot) : It was my first photoshoot and it was a good first experience, he was very friendly. He was giving everyone a handshake, I felt welcome, and putting his arm around everyone as well. I didn't get the autograph, but reading your stories I should have!

Christopher Lloyd (photoshoot) : He was great, very friendly and smiling, he seemed happy to be here. It was a busy photoshoot, but I didn't feel rushed. I took this photo with my boyfriend, he put both arms around us, and it's awesome! I didn't try to get the autograph, as it was a diamond guest and I was not even Gold.

Michael Traynor (autograph) : I liked him in Walking Dead and Rectify, so I wanted an autograph. He was a very friendly guest. He signed me the picture I chose and asked me if I wanted it personalised. I didn't have a pen to write my name, not an easy one, so I said no... Later, I thought on writing a note on my phone with my name... Anyway, he was not busy when I went so I had time to say to him I loved his performance in Rectify. He thanked me and was smiling. I asked him if he would mind taking a picture with me, he nicely answered he would be happy to and even came round the table to take the pic. If he comes back, I will definitely get a photoshoot.

SATURDAY

Tom Burke (photoshoot and autograph) : He was lovely. The photo with him is my favourite. He put his arm around me and leant his head towards me, it's giving a nice friendly touch to the picture. I got the autograph as well, he was smiling and happy to personalise it. He even commented the writing of my name. I wanted to ask him about theatre but I was a little bit shy. I asked him for a pic though and he was happy to do it (the Showmasters girl at his table was happy to help, thanks). He also have a nice genuine smile on it.

Luke Pasqualino (photoshoot) : He was friendly during the photoshoot, saying hi and putting his arm around everyone. I thanked him before I left and he said "you're welcome" with a smile.

Hayley Atwell (photoshoot) : It was very rushed, the staff was not especially friendly during this photoshoot. But she took the time to say hi and thank everyone. I went to her talk as well, she was funny and very inspiring.

David Bradley (photoshoot) : When he came to go into the photo booth, he said hi to the crowd waiting for him and I thought it was really sweet. I enjoyed the picture with him, he was smiling and full of energy. I wanted to say as a joke "The Starks send their regards" shaking his hand, but he was so lovely I couldn't!

SUNDAY

Iain Glen (photoshoot and autograph) : It's the guest I most wanted to meet, I was not disappointed. He was great in the photoshoot, welcoming and having a nice word for everyone. He told me "nice to meet you" when I was leaving, it made my day. The autograph went well. He was smiling and happy to personalise. As with Tom Burke, I was a little bit shy to ask about theatre.

Rose Leslie (photoshoot) : She was amazing! She was busy because she had to cancel on Saturday, but I didn't feel rushed at all. She was having a little chat with everyone and was very smiling, lovely guest. I didn't get an autograph but my boyfriend and his brother had a great time too.

Keisha Castle-Hughes (autograph) : She was friendly and happy to personalise the autograph too. I had a little chat with her about her week-end, she said she was enjoying herself and asked about me.

Lea Thompson (photoshoot) : One of favourite photoshoots. She was great fun and full of enthusiasm, she seemed really happy to be here. I took the 2 pictures with my boyfriend and both are funny! Lovely guest.

Gemma Whelan (autograph) : I didn't have much time for this autograph as the BTTF talk was going to start soon so I didn't have a chance to chat with her. But she was nice and personalised my autograph.

Jessica Henwick (autograph) : Really nice guest! She was smiling and enthusiast. She personalised my autograph, she asked me where my name was from and said a few words in French to me. The autograph is great! She wrote a short story hehehe, it's my favourite. I also had a chat with her about filming in Sevilla.

Steve Coulter (autograph) : Lovely guest! He was very friendly, he said my name was nice and personalised the autograph. I had a chat with him, he told me it was great to meet people from all Europe and was really enjoying himself. He offered me to take a picture with him and the crew member was again happy to help, thank you. He also told me that Michael Traynor would be back in a few minutes if I wanted to meet him, that was nice, I thanked him and said I met him on Friday.

• Like 1