how were your experiences meeting guests?

All the guests I met were fantastic! The only exceptions were:

Tim Russ - Genuinely didn't seem to want to be there, nor was he interested that people wanted to see him.

Gareth David-Lloyd - Nice enough, but I could tell in the queue that he had much more time for the ladies...

The rest were brilliant, though: Christopher Lloyd, Nicole deBoer, Garrett Wang, Alice Krige, Sylvester McCoy and James Tolkan.

The great ones:

Rose Leslie - very chatty and personable, even if it meant the lines went a tad slow.

Gemma Whelan - Just wonderful. I always wondered what she looked like smiling, and now I know. Really lovely lady.

Kristian Nairn - And always wondered what this fella sounded like speaking. Guess we all found out as he was very chatty.

Alice Krige - First thing she said after "hello, how are you?" was where do you want me to sign and what do you want me to write. Wow. Okay. Told her to do whatever she wanted, wonderful signature with Resistance is Futile after it. Just brilliant.

Indeed, everyone was great apart from (quite surprisingly):

Garrett Wang, his phone rang just as I was handing over my poster. He answered it (it was the wife it seems) but he kept talking, signed the poster and that was that. Okayyyy.

And Tim Russ, wow now that was one man who really wasn't interested in being there!

Edited by mckee74
  • Like 1

Met Sigourney Weaver, Sherilynn Fenn, Bill Paxton and Michael J. Fox. All were great. I was surprised Sigourney was writing 'Ripley' on Alien stuff but thought it was cool. She was so warm and friendly each time I had a photo-shoot and got her autograph. Michael J. Fox while understandably rushed at least had time for eye contact when signing and a greeting at the photo-shoot. Bill Paxton was awesome too, seemed he enjoyed the show as much as everyone else!

Well for me, Tim Russ was also not bothered at all. He was chatting with his helper when I got to his desk and while she was trying to get me included in the conversation and get my autograph sorted, Tim just wanted to carry on talking to her and barely acknowledged I was there. I has to ask him afterwards to personalize it for me. For me, he was the one that really put me off. So much so that I wasn't too worried about missing the Voyager talk on Sunday.

Clifton Collins Jr on the other hand seemed to be on something when I met him Saturday. He was openly swearing quite loudly and seemed like he was either drunk or high. When he was signing my picture, he was concentrating very hard, almost like he didn’t know what he was doing. Was very strange (especially at 11am on Saturday.)

I will say though that my highlights were James Tolkan (I had brought my own Masters Of The Universe picture,) Lea Thompson (I had brought the Caroline In The City DVD boxset) and Kelly Hu (I had brought my own Warehouse 13 picture.) All 3 were genuinely happy with what I wanted signing and that I had made an effort to bring something that was different.

The only real thing that I was slightly disappointed with (and it was my own fault) was David Bradley had ran out of Dr Who pictures. This was at 5.30pm on Saturday so kind of understandable. I did get one from The Strain signed instead. I did like that show though so not too worried.

Felt wonderfully nervous meeting guests for my first con, but will share my experiences here:

Michael J Fox - Standard photo that lasted seconds, but even with him acknowledging me saying "Hi" and "Thank you", that was more than enough. Just a great guy, and felt very privileged to be in the same area as him as he battles on with his health, but still makes so much time to please fans. Heart-warming stuff.

Christopher Lloyd - Standard photo, in and out, but he welcomed me with a surprised "Hey!", responding to me Marty McFly Cosplay, and I had to call him Doc! Great photo, warm smile from him and a thank you as he shook my hand leaving. Just like I thought he would be. Brilliant moment.

Claudia Wells - Meeting her first for an autograph, and I was floored by her smile and welcoming nature. What was more of a joy was the fact she wanted a picture taken with ME on her personal phone, with my Marty outfit on, and then let me take one on mine, with a wonderful autograph, hug and kiss on the cheek. And as for my DeLorean photo shoot with her, she recognised me, asked for two photos...one I took, the other I'm not sure where that goes...and basically made me feel my enthusiasm was appreciated.

Lea Thompson - Photoshoot first, and she welcome me with open arms and said "My son!", due to my Cosplay, and did the same and did the classic "Mom!" shout. So much love for her fans, and she looks stunning with a bright smile and lots of time to say a few words. Got a wonderful autograph from here and she used the quote "You're safe and sound back here in good old 1955...". A real joy.

Harry Waters Jr - Big smile and a great tux! Full of passion to sign his autograph, with a great quote, and let me take a picture with him, and just evoked a man happy to be there, to meet fans and bring happiness to all. An exemplar guest.

Ray Park - Another guest full of time for his fans, and I noted most of the time he stood up to sign photos and chat to fans. Got some good laughs in about his muscles, and he reminded me it's not about the guns, it's the person on the inside that counts...but did say they were impressive. Just playing around, a great autograph and a photo at the table along with an official photoshoot. Big smiles, thumbs up and a welcoming hello and handshake goodbye. One of those guests who you just know wants to make others happy.

Zack Galligan - Not much time with Zack, and then little interaction, only interaction at the end after his crew member did most of the talking about my name and handed the picture. Got a thank you as I thanked him, but...yeah, maybe a bad day on Sunday? Not as I thought he may be.

Dave Prowse - Kudos for any man of his age being in a big convention all weekend doing the rounds, and a warm hello and thank you was enough, just great seeing him for an autograph.

James Remar - Again, not much interaction, but a cool autograph for my photo, and had a warm smile and handshake after I said thank you and wished him well. Great voice, and nice man.

John Ratzenberger - The Pixar Voice. Just evoked lots of characters as soon as he spoke to me, and complained to me about the crew member taking down the name for personalisation as he wrote "John Ratzenberger"....and John looked confused and asked me if I was another John Ratzenberger (jokingly). So a little laugh, a nice autograph on a 'Pixar Cars' photo and a good memory.

Catherine Tate - I'm not a fan of her and I got an auto for my step-daughter, but she just made me laugh after. Handed the name for personalisation to the crew member with her, Catherine didn't make eye contact, just wrote the name, signed the pic and handed it over. At least she said "Thank you" after I thanked her. Makes me laugh, the one before me got handed the autograph and Catherine wasn't even LOOKING at them, instead looked at Bill Paxton next to her. With a very "not very intimidating" bodyguard inches behind her with the old earpiece in, and you have Bill Paxton and Christopher Lloyd beside her without any, chatting and smiling and making fans feel welcome, this TV star really came across rude and like she couldn't be bothered. Oh well. Not my issue as she didn't have time for me as I didn't really for her! Can't win them all.

:thumbup:

Edited by GelNerd

Catherine Tate - I'm not a fan of her and I got an auto for my step-daughter, but she just made me laugh after. Handed the name for personalisation to the crew member with her, Catherine didn't make eye contact, just wrote the name, signed the pic and handed it over. At least she said "Thank you" after I thanked her. Makes me laugh, the one before me got handed the autograph and Catherine wasn't even LOOKING at them, instead looked at Bill Paxton next to her. With a very "not very intimidating" bodyguard inches behind her with the old earpiece in, and you have Bill Paxton and Christopher Lloyd beside her without any, chatting and smiling and making fans feel welcome, this TV star really came across rude and like she couldn't be bothered. Oh well. Not my issue as she didn't have time for me as I didn't really for her! Can't win them all.

That really surprises me about Catherine cos i'd have thought she'd be really friendly

Having been going Cons a few years now I am passed being nervous and star struck and enjoy a chit chat if possible.

James Remar was the main reason I attended LFCC. I was a bit worried he would not be very nice as he plays so many villains! He signed my copy of The Warriors and was happy to go into detail about making the film, top guy for me and in the photoshoot he was really welcoming.

My second main attraction to meet was Greg Henry and we talked about Brian DePalma and his work on Body Double. Greg is another outgoing guy who is easy to talk to and I'm glad I met him.

Having met Robert Rusler before I kind of knew what to expect - very bubbly, easy to talk to and loves talking about his movies - another great guest who makes it worthwhile to come to these events.

Neve Campbell who I must say is stunningly beautiful in person, signed my Scream mask and she apologised as it was awkward to write on.. I said its ok I know its you anyway! Busy guest but still managed to be very nice and approachable.

Sherylin Fenn I spoke to probably the longest, she was so chatty, laughing about everything - brilliant character.

Tom Savini I met briefly, he signed my copy of Maniac. I understand he was quiet with a lot of people, to be honest I didn't ask him anything (sometimes I just want the auto) but he was polite and posed for a picture.

I had one bad experience. I thought John Ratzenberger was very ignorant - he was not interested at all and even signed my picture while still dealing with the guy in front of me and pushed it back to me. I could have bought a photo from a stall cheaper and not got the face palm for my worries. I hate ignorance and I don't care who you are or what film/TV show you did in the past, manners required I think.

I met several other people in photoshoots and all were lovely, even Sigourney Weaver who was mega busy (and Rose Leslie having a days backlog to make up) had time for a warm greeting and a thank you which really does make the difference during a quick shoot.

• Like 1

I met dozens of guests over the three days, here are just a few of my positive experiences:

Sigourney Weaver and Bill Paxton: Lots has been said about them already so, in short, I'm still buzzing like a bumble bee! The lady sat next to Sigourney on Sunday morning was wonderful. Truly friendly.

Sherilyn Fenn: An absolutely sweetheart. She had a lot of time for each person she met. I met her early on Friday and we spoke for quite a few minutes.

Neve Campbell: Very down to earth and sweet. She has such a lovely smile. I love those Scream Films!

John Ratzenberger: A real gent. Was very polite and Friendly. When I was getting Ray Hassett's autograph he came along to speak to him and joined in our photograph together.

Ray Hassett: Was so lovely. We bumped into each other later and he remembered my name.

Erik Bauserfield: Him putting on the voice and telling me 'It's a Trap' made me tingly all over!!! A lovely chap. Good for him for signing all three days! Disappointed I wasn't allowed by the SM girl to have a photo with him at the table, especially as there was no one queuing behind me!

Marc Mclure: Very friendly and chatty. He seemed to be having a great time!

Collette Hiller: Very nice and chatty - she took great interest in each person she met and even offered me a chair to sit down will she was signing for me. I couldn't get away LOL!

Bill Hargreaves: We spoke for ages - Did you know he built 'Mother' in Alien? Great chap! The guy sitting next to him was very friendly.

Kelly Jo Minter and Jennifer Ruban: So friendly and Chatty and seemed happy to be there!

Tina Simmons: We spoke for ages - she was absolutely lovely! She told us how she was the body double for Lee Remick in The Omen. She showed us photos of herself with Gregory Peck and behind the scenes photos taken at Windsor Safari Park! What an unexpected treat!

P.S - The little actors and extras have such wonderful tales to tell, I always find this. This makes them just as interesting guests as the big stars, if not more so sometimes.

I count myself lucky that the guests I had booked for were able to be there on the day, it is always nerve wracking leading up to the weekend watching the Forum in case of cancellations.

I met Tom and Luke from The Musketeers and luckily both autographs and photo shoots went well ( having said that my photo shoots were in the morning so may have been different for their second sessions at end of day),

I got inside at 9.05 so had time before first photo shoot with Tom at 9.30am to get up to level 3 and get VQ's for their autographs. I then went back to ground floor for the photo shoot with Tom , I was nervous as such a big fan,but he was lovely,very relaxed, friendly and happy to hug! and my photo is great. After that I went back upstairs to see how busy Luke was for autographs as I had an hour before my photo shoot with him. His table was quiet so queued up and whilst I was waiting he looked across to me a few times...when I got up to the table the first thing he said was that he liked my TShirt which made my day! He was really lovely and after getting a signed picture I said I would see him at the photo shoot. He was great fun at the photo shoot as well and after photo was taken I bravel,y and impulsively, gave him a kiss on cheek to say thanks. What I love about the experiences with autos and photos is getting to chat to other fans, we are all usually quite nervous and it's great to share the experience and support each other.

Having plenty of time to unwind a little now and having had my VQ ticket called for Tom I waited to meet him until after lunch. I went back up to level 3 for about 1.45 and joined the queue, after about 20 mins you start to get a bit more relaxed and just think -in a nice way- come on guest, then Tom walks in and up goes the heart rate again lol. He was really lovely and quietly spoken, I got a photo at the table and also gave him a small gift and letter which he loved. So in all I had a wonderful time. I do know from previous events and looking through Forums that unfortunately some guests can be offhand etc and I feel sorry for the fans as I know how much meeting them means.

As for me 'hug a Musketeer and you can't fail!' :dance:

• Like 1

I felt sorry for the wrestlers this year. As it was difficult for people to get up to the higher floors, a lot of top floor guests seemed empty. When I got my photo with Animal, I felt he was a bit disheartened as a result, despite decent talk turn out and photo turnout.

Jason David Frank & Michael J Fox. My 2 childhood heroes. Well they always say never meet your heroes and boy were they right. Thank god for Jason Faunt & Erin Cahill being two of the loveliest and most friendly guests I have met or I may have just given up. Childhood dreams = DESTROYED! Not SM's fault, guests choice to be a waste of time & money I guess.

As I said in my previous post, I met many guests over the three days. Most were good, but unfortunately there were a few disappointing experiences:

David Bradley: We queued up for ages only to find that he had to for his photoshoot, so we waited which we didn't mind. We were still quite far from the front, but we waited - not wanting to go downstairs in case we couldn't get back up again easily. When we got to the front we found he had no Doctor Who photos and, in fact, he only had two or three photos in total left at all. This is appalling SM. I would understand if it was the end of the day, but for around 2 or 3pm? I got an auto for a friend who gave me his own photo, I wish I'd taken my own. I left, after nearly an hour and a half with nothing for myself! A SM lady who was very friendly said I could go straight to the front of the queue if I came back later and more photos had been printed. I returned a while later but no more had arrived. I had other guests to see so couldn't go back again.

Michael Gambon: Same problem as above, although it was later in the day. There was an open queue, at least this time, so no long waiting for nothing. No Doctor Who photos but for a 3 shot. SM, you must know by now how popular Doctor Who is by now! I would have expected at least one solo shot. Same happened last year with John Hurt - no solo DW shots were left by the time we got to see him later in the afternoon.

Bill Paxton: Loved meeting him, although brief, but the lady sat with him was abrupt, rude and unhelpful when I asked if I could have a personalisation. I get really angry when I hear that in this situation other attendees are allowed. Same with photos at the table with some guests - it depends who's sat with them! I get all the reasons why no personalisations or photos but then when you see/ hear that other people have got them, it's rubbing salt in the wound. This has happened at other SM events before, inconsistency. Also, if there are no personalisations allowed, can we be told this before we pay and go up to the guest? It's not nice to be spoken down to in front of your idols! All it takes is a sign up like the one where Sigourney Weaver was.

Ray Park: I spent £50.00 getting two trading cards signing! All I got was a squiggly circle thing on each! I got him years back and he signed properly! I couldn't believe it! What a waste of money! He was smiley and friendly, but I have no idea why his signature has deteriorated so badly since the last time I saw him! A real shame. I thought it might be because the cards were small, but the lady behind me got exactly the same on a 10x8!

SM, I know trying to find high quality 10x8s from old films and TV shows can be hard, but the quality of some guest photos were very poor. Roy Scammell, for example, did not have a decent photo of the Alien, only blurry screen grabs.

DEALERS! There was one dealer who I saw a few times holding up a number of queues. In the David Bradley queue for example I think he said he wanted 42 items signed! and he pushed to the front.Someone told me in the queue that he had a stall at the event! It is not fair that dealers are allowed to behave this way and I want a personalisation on my photo and I'm not allowed one! Yes he was also in the Bill Paxton queue!

Edited by pretenama2012
  • Like 1

Jason David Frank & Michael J Fox. My 2 childhood heroes. Well they always say never meet your heroes and boy were they right. Thank god for Jason Faunt & Erin Cahill being two of the loveliest and most friendly guests I have met or I may have just given up. Childhood dreams = DESTROYED! Not SM's fault, guests choice to be a waste of time & money I guess.

I don't know about JDF but I had a similar experience with MJF when I attended his last photoshoot yesterday (no eye contact, no words etc), but in actual fact I do blame SM for this. There were too many tickets sold and they were (literally) pushing us all through and we had a few seconds. I actually felt really sorry for MJF as he looked utterly exhausted. It wasn't a relaxed shoot at all. He did come across very well in the talk and seems a humble and lovely man, bigging up his fellow actors and actresses and saying what lovely people there were at the event (the fans). I did leave that shoot feeling disappointed but I don't blame MJF - with his condition he must have struggled this weekend and with the conveyor-belt way people were being pushed through there really wasn't time to say much. He barely had time to blink between shoots, let alone do much else.

Edited by silverbird
  • Like 2

Jason David Frank - The main reason I attended. was great being able to meet him and get his autograph and having a photo shoot with him was great. He was so friendly. He made a mistake spelling my name while doing the autograph, so did a fresh one for me and doodled on the other one and signed that for me as well. Should have remembered to get my phone out as he was doing selfies at his table with his fans.

Jason Faunt - He was really friendly, no one was waiting to get an autograph as they were queuing for Erin Cahill, so was just able to go straight up and get an autograph and he had a little chat with me. I went to the costume photo shoot with him later in the day and he even remembered my name. Was Great to meet him.

Marnix Van Den Broeke - Only got an autograph but, he was really friendly, was able to have a little chat with him. Was only planning to get two autographs on the day, but then I saw Marnix sat at his table and had to get an autograph from him, with him having played Death in Terry Prachett The Colour of Magic and Hogfather and Mr Pump in Going Postal.

Edited by viclip180

Richard Dean Anderson- Meeting him was truly fantastic and it was well worth every penny I paid. :thumbup:

Much like many other Stargate actors and actresses, he was so incredibly friendly

He displayed such an authentic and genuine happiness when he met each fan. Such a delight to talk to! :clap: Thank you!

Catherine Tate- She was a bit of a disappointment.

Her smile was rather forced and she didn't seem to value her fans. It felt like we were all disposable cartons!

However, thank you for the opportunity.

• Like 2

This year's LFCC was amazing and went completely beyond my expectations. Never did I think I would be standing in front of Neve Campbell, Christopher Lloyd, Sigourney Weaver, Michael J Fox or Sherilyn Fenn. I grew up watching their movies over and over and it was the most wonderful experience to meet them and something I will treasure forever. Neve was lovely and chatty and seemed genuinely interested in chatting to people. She asked me questions and we had a nice chat about when she lived in London and the Scream movies. Christopher Lloyd was amazing. I saw him 3 times over the course of the weekend and he remembered me from the first meeting. Really happy with the photoshoots with him especially the sepia clock face. Will definitely buy a copy to enlarge when its available on photoshelter. He signed my BTTF2 poster and an Addams Family Values pic. We had brief chat about Addams Family. He said he enjoyed the comics as a child and was thrilled to be cast as Fester. He then told me some lines from the film in his Fester voice! Have seen Addams Family movies so many times it was so surreal to meet him. He was very friendly and a true gentleman. Michael J Fox was very busy but he smiled and said hi at photoshoot and replied "It was lovely to meet you too" at the signing. As I didn't have a diamond pass for Sigourney I didn't hold out much hope of meeting her but to my surprise golds were allowed in first thing on Sunday. I had brought a quad poster of my fave Sigourney film (Heartbreakers) with me just in case. When she saw it she said that she had never seen that poster before and started talking about Heartbreakers, how much she loves Gene Hackman and how she wishes she could do another comedy role soon. She also added her character name Max to the poster under her sig. Another childhood wish fulfilled! Really wasn't expecting a chat with her. Feel really lucky :) Sherilyn Fenn was amazing just one of the nicest people you could meet. She was happy to chat about the new Twin Peaks,the movies shes made, her blog and visiting London. She signed 4 items for me and spoke about each one as she signed. Definitely the best con I have ever been to. Thank you Showmasters! I am looking forward to seeing how you can top this amazing guest list next year.

• Like 1

I attended on Friday and Sunday from around Lunchtime onwards so had no trouble with the queues, yes it was hot that was caused by the weather and yes it was crowded but that was due to the great guests attending. I met Michael Traynor ( great guy who retweeted my screenshot of him from my favourite show ), Steve Coulter ( Banshee is fantastic !!! ), Clifton Collins ( told me a great and unrepeatable story ), William Forsythe ( great Boardwalk Empire inscription on my photo ), Darren Lyn Bousman ( more Saw guests needed ) and J La Rose ( great Saw photos but none from Banshee ! ), all of them were happy with table photos and I nearly always find the actors from America are much more at home with the convention setting and happy for photos etc. I also met John Ratzenberger ( photo shoot on Sunday as well ) and Jodi Lyn O'Keefe ( both very friendly but no table photos ). I was not sure how busy Catherine Tate would be but she was open queue by after Lunch although it was a very quick meet and her signature on my Office cast shot was in an area that makes it look like one of the other cast members had signed it, I imagine this was one of her first convention appearances so possibly she was a little nervous / not sure how to act etc etc.

Personally I was happy with the weekend and the good news is now the shows are moving up a notch there is probably no guest they could not try and attract.. PUT ME DOWN FOR A DAVID DUCHOVNY DIAMOND PASS / MULDER AND SCULLY PHOTOSHOOT hint hint.....

Edited by mulderandmonkeys
  • Like 1

I'll try to keep it brief. *cough*

Ben Aaronovitch - I was able to thank him for coming back to YALC as I missed him last year. Got a free badge along with my free signature and he was happy for me to take his photo.

Alexander Siddig - bought a GoT auto and he was smiling and friendly, the same as last time when I met him for Star Trek:DS9.

Carice van Houten - smiling in the photoshoot, a bit distracted during the auto (no personalizations due to queues) but understandably so, given that she was unwell.

Catherine Tate - fine in our photoshoot (lovely jacket).

David Bradley - his auto signing was a bit rushed and with no personalization due to queues, but he was smiling at everyone I saw.

Gemma Whelan - No auto as I'd met her previously, but she very friendly in the photoshoot, perching on the table and chatting to the attendees while waiting for the photographer to come back.

Daniel Portman - same auto situation as Gemma. Also a good laugh in the photoshoots - a Belle cosplayer was up before me and he ended up placing her rose (unprompted) between his teeth while hugging her!

Hayley Atwell - another rushed signing with no personalizations, but she seemed nice in the photoshoot.

James Remar - came across as warm and friendly; wrote Follow The CODE!!! on the Dexter auto I gave him to sign. He'd been offered a drink shortly before I turned up and was wondering where it was, but when I asked him if he wanted to stop and drink it before dealing with me, he said, "No, no," and completely ignored it while doing my auto, bless him.

Jacqueline Kim - managed to scrape together enough money to get a last-minute auto from her, and I'm so glad, as I loved her role on Xena (she's hardly changed a bit - still absolutely stunning, and very serene).

Keisha Castle-Hughes and Jessica Henwick (the Sand Snakes) - were lovely; Jessica wrote a bunch of stuff on my auto, much to my delight, and Keisha (whom I'd met first and had no-one in her queue at that moment) actually came round to the front of the signing table to join in on our conversation about the photos on offer (and how practically all of hers involve her mouth open!).

Jonathan Pryce - was personalizing, which I did not expect (happy bonus!). He had next to no queue, so I wish I'd had more to say to him, but never mind.

Michael Gambon - bless him, he was looking away in my first photoshoot attempt and blinking in the second (Giles was all, "Is it me?!" when I turned up yet again), but the third was perfect. He was also personalizing, which was fab for a Diamond guest (I like him in a lot of stuff, but hello, Dumbledore!).

Michael J Fox - no auto as I was Gold, so I had a standard photoshoot first. He managed to meet my eyes and smile even though the shoot was going at crazy speed, but the first photo had a line through it so the crew member made me go through again. I wish I'd kept it and Photoshopped the line out as I think the rest of it was OK, but it was whipped away before I thought to get it back and the second didn't work as Michael's left eye was drooping, but no way was I going through again, poor guy - he had enough to do as it was. Fortunately the DeLorean shoot was fab.

Tim Russ - he actually picked up a photo of his own choosing to sign for me when I stopped him, as I'd been carrying around the DSTL photo I'd wanted him to sign at that event but was unable to do as he left early. He proceeded to sign it with a flourish and a cheerful comment as he handed it back to me. Nothing wrong with that encounter for me at all.

Sigourney Weaver - looked AMAZING. The signing was a very chilled-out affair (literally, in that nice private room) despite the conveyer-belt aspect (the character name was a nice addition to my auto) and I love my power-loader shoot with her.

Bil Paxton - my favourite. Can project an immense amount of warmth during the briefest of encounters. And of course, having Game over! on my autograph was worth no personalizations. So happy to have met him.

Edited by CosmicAvatar
  • Like 1

This may be a long post.

Luke Pasqualino - He was the first guest I met as I had to go straight to his photoshoot area when I arrived. He was very sweet and smiley, and thanked me for coming, and gave me a friendly wave as I was leaving the area. He was also one of the last people I met for an autograph that afternoon, at which point I think he was probably very hot and tired as he seemed a little aloof but I can't really blame him for that, I would have been too. Didn't really stop for much of a chat but he was lovely regardless.

Darren Lynn Bousman - Not gonna lie, I fangirled a bit. Darren has been involved in a lot of my fandoms; Saw, Repo! The Genetic Opera, The Devil's Carnival, and he's worked with Emilie Autumn for a few years. So I knew I'd have a lot to talk about. He made it very easy to carry a conversation and I feel he's one of those guests who is genuinely pleased to talk-- not to speak ill of anybody else but there are a lot of guests who just smile for the camera, sign your autograph and say next. DLB was very genuine and enthusiastic and took the time to talk for a few minutes. I gave him my Saw IV dvd cover to sign and he went "What movie have you got for me today? Hey, I made this one!! :D" Such a sweetie. Very excited to talk about his various projects, told me a little bit about the upcoming TDC sequel, and gladly came over to pose for a couple of photos with me. I had a brief chat with him again that afternoon when I went back to talk to J. LaRose. After posing for a group picture Darren asked to see our photoshoot picture from earlier that day, so I pulled out my folder and he had a quick look through all the autographs I'd collected. The first one in there is Costas Mandylor, which he was pleased about, and he liked the picture of me and Costas at Collectormania (me in my Babydoll cosplay and Costas brandishing my prop sword). He asked me who some of the people were among my autographs and was just generally very sweet and talkative. He didn't have to come over and ask about my pictures but the fact that he did and seemed so genuinely interested made me really happy.

J. LaRose - Possibly wins the title of sweetest guest I've ever met to date. Like Darren, he was all smiles and very easy to talk to despite my nerves. He's so laid-back and kind and so friendly I felt very relaxed talking to him. I complimented his performance in Saw III and confessed it had taken me several years to recognize him in Repo! The Genetic Opera, to which he just said "Well that's understandable, look how fabulous I looked there!" He also was happy to pose for a picture with me. At first he leaned over the table, then he came over to the other side to pose next to me and gave me a hug. This was around midday. At around 4-5 I went back to the first floor to see if I could ask him what had happened with his photoshoots-- I made a separate post about this but long story short, despite tickets being sold none of the crew were aware that he was doing photoshoots so I had to get a refund. The woman at the sales desk had no idea either, so I went back to the table while he wasn't too busy and asked if he knew what was up. He didn't, bless him, he said he's been just a surprised as I was and then apologized that I'd been kept waiting and let down, even though he wasn't to blame for it. He then gave me a really big hug and took another couple of pictures with me, this time with DLB as well. He really deserves a lot more recognition, his roles are often small but he is such a genuine and amazing person.

Zach Galligan - I wasn't originally planning on meeting him, but Gremlins is one of my childhood favorites, and he only had a queue of about three or four people when I was passing his table so I decided to go for it. Very glad that I did. He was friendlier than I expected (odd as it sounds, I figured as he was fairly busy he may have been a bit brief with people, if that makes sense, but he wasn't) and I got a good picture and autograph from him.

James Remar - Another delightful experience. James's queue was massive so I was rather pessimistic about my chances getting an autograph from him in between photoshoots. Luckily I managed to catch the queue before it got too bad and only had a ten minute wait. When I got to the table, I asked James how his day had been so far and he told me it had been so hot and busy, he'd fallen asleep on his lunch break. He was so warm and lovely! When I went for my photoshoot with him, I went for a regular arm-around-waist pose next to him, as that's what he seemed to be doing with most people, and then he suddenly wrapped him arms around me in a massive tight bear-hug. Needless to say I got very flustered!

Finn Jones - I missed his photoshoot because I got stuck in crowds first thing, but he was very sweet when I got up to his floor to meet him. My GoT house has always been House Tyrell so I'm stoked to have met Finn. When I asked if I could get a picture he took my camera to take the picture himself, selfie-style. Didn't have much of a chat but he was all smiles and very friendly.

Maimie McCoy - Honestly, I considered telling Maimie that I hate her character in The Musketeers. Let's face it, who doesn't love to hate Milady? But Maimie was so sweet and smiley I didn't quite have the heart to say it. She mentioned that this had been her first ever convention and that she was slightly overwhelmed and surprised by the whole thing. I also didn't know that she's currently pregnant so I got a little bit of a surprise when she stood up for our picture!

Tom Burke - I get the impression Tom was possibly quite tired by the time I got to him. He wasn't all that chatty, and I just got this general impression that he was exhausted, but he was friendly regardless and even though I got a bit tongue-tied and forgot to ask him the questions I'd been planning to ask, but he was lovely, and gave me a hug and thanked me for coming when I went down to the photoshoot. He was definitely one of the busiest Musketeers guests though so kudos to him for getting through that many people with a smile.

David Bradley - I missed his photoshoot, and he was my last autograph meet of the day. He was understandably rather brief because I think he was due to leave fairly soon and the crew wanted to get the queue down quickly. Still, he was smiling and greeted me with surprising enthusiasm. I'm a little bit disappointed that he wasn't personalizing his autographs but like I said, given that it was so late and he'd been so busy, I understand he probably just wanted to see as many people as possible. I still got a picture with him, too.

And pretty much all of them told me they loved my purple galaxy top and skirt. I was pretty down because I wasn't able to cosplay this time, so having my choice of outfit complimented by so many people that I deeply admire was a massive smile-maker. <3

Edited by Faerie Tanith
  • Like 2

I had a great experience with all of the guests I met, A big thank you to Showmasters for giving me the opportunity to meet such fantastic guests.

I met Bill Paxton for a photo-shoot on Saturday morning and I thought it could be very rushed but I was pleasantly surprised at how relaxed it was.

He took the time to shake hands with everyone before the photo was taken and speak to them briefly. When it was my turn he shook my hand and I told him it was lovely to meet him to which he replied it was great to meet me too and he also thanked me after the photo was taken. This was much more interaction than I expected from such a big star and I was extremely happy with the experience and how kind and humble Bill was. Well worth the £45 for the photo!

I also met Hayley Atwell for a photo in the afternoon and while it was understandably a very quick meeting due to the photo-shoot overrunning she was still smiling and friendly and said a quick hello and thank you to me. If she comes to another event I hope to get a low enough VQ to get her autograph.

The guest I was most excited to meet was Neve Campbell as I've been a fan of the Scream movies since they came out when I was 12 years old. She is a hero of mine which I told her and she was very kind to me and I congratulated her on her new role in House of Cards and told her I will start watching it and she thanked me for my support. I got a personalised autograph and a great Scream quote ("Not in my movie") on the box-set she signed for me which I didn't expect as I was too starstruck to remember to ask her for this! She was also happy to shake my hand before I left the table. I also met her for a photo-shoot in the afternoon and she was very kind then as well. A class act in every way.

I met James Remar for an autograph and he was a lovely man. I told him how much I loved the show Dexter and that he was great in it. He promptly stopped signing to shake my hand. I spoke to him briefly about his time on Dexter and he was happy to personalise the autograph along with the quote "Follow the code" I also got my photo taken with him at the desk by the kind crew member sitting next to him.

I met Michael Traynor for an autograph and I got to chat to him for a while about his time on The Walking Dead as there was no queue behind me. He told me some great anecdotes and seems very passionate about the show. He was also a fan of it before he was in it. He was also happy to personalise the autograph along with a quote and take a selfie with me. I hadn't planned on meeting him initially but I'm so glad I did as this was one of the highlights of the event for me. He was a true gentleman.

And last but by no means least I met the lovely Naomi Grossman. She was very chatty about her time on American Horror Story and even complemented my nail polish which took me by surprise as this was before I spoke to her and was paying the crew member for the autograph. :smile: She also personalised the autograph and wrote her character name and was happy to take a selfie with me.