Diamond Pass Improvements

I had a Michael J Fox Diamond pass and really enjoyed being able to meet him as I never thought I'd get the opportunity. From my experience over the weekend though, I think there are some changes that could be made to make life simpler for the people who buy them (and those who don't)

Prop photos

I wasn't there on Friday but on Saturday when the clock photo included in the pass was scheduled, this was at the same time as Michael's photoshoot so I couldn't go. I then had the opportunity to go back for it at 15.20 - mid way through Michael's talk. When the prop photos are sold as part of the pass package, surely they should be scheduled at different times to other things included as part of the pass, and be available for longer times.

The same thing happened today when the second tombstone shoot started when the BTTF cast reunion talk was on. I couldn't attend the morning session because of another photoshoot so didn't get this photo at all.

T shirts

Despite me emailing the shop to tell them my t shirt size and them then emailing me weeks later to ask for my size, when I went to collect it, my size was not available and I was given an XL or could have a Robert England one in my size. This wouldn't happen if it asked for the t shirt size when ordering the pass as people couldn't miss/ignore the email asking for sizes. They didn't even ask for my name or anything when I collected it.

Michael's photo shoot

I made sure I got to Photo area A in plenty of time for the shoot at 12pm, however so did about 1000 other people who were all stood around waiting for their number to be called. I overheard some people with standard photo tickets saying there shouldn't be Diamond passes as it's causing a bigger queue. That wouldn't happen if they had a separate Diamond pass photo shoot for an hour the same way as Michael had a specific signing time. The people with normal photo tickets then wouldn't have such a long, frustrating wait and could come at another time and start from batch one. Just ask for Diamonds at 12pm for example and standard tickets at 1pm - people can then carry on looking around/getting autographs and won't gather in the area for ages.

Talks

Diamond pass holders should be on the front row.

I think there should also be the opportunity for everyone with a Diamond pass to get everything on one day and not just assume that people can attend for all 3 days when they have work commitments etc. I know this isn't possible when there are two talks like there were for this.

I think those are all really good points, especially the separate photoshoot time for diamond pass holders. I have another point for the Michael Gambon pass though, in the description it listed 2 exclusive convention goodies and these turned out to be a showmasters bag and a Dumbledore badge. I'm honestly not that impressed especially considering his pass was £175 and Christopher Lloyds pass was £140 and you got 2 t-shirts included in that. Never mind :P

I liked having the chance to buy diamond passes this year but I wasn't aware that quite so many would be put on sale. When the guests have 2 lengthy standard photoshoots a day as well as prop shoots, a talk and then rest breaks there isn't a huge amount of time for signings even for diamond holders. I realise now how fortunate I was to get my MJF and Christopher Lloyd ones done with relative ease (couldn't get Robert but wasn't too fazed as have had several items signed by him at past events). It was very clear from looking around at the diamond exclusive talks that there was a lot sold as so many people attended. Maybe there should be a cap on the diamond passes put on sale? Maybe limit them to 500 for guests attending 2-3 days and 250 for those attending 1 day? That way the diamond talks feel more intimate and exclusive, diamonds can really be guaranteed an auto, less frustration for non gold/diamond holders at photoshoots and more opportunities for them to get autographs. I have seen comments before on here about gold passes getting vqs for standard ticket holder friends coming in later. This does seem unfair as those who have waited longest in the queue should not end up with a higher vq than a gold pass members friend who is arriving later. A suggestion could be not giving out vqs for non diamonds until a flow of standard holders come in or asking to see peoples wrists before giving out vqs for the first 30 mins of show to make sure they haven't already got gold?

I liked having the chance to buy diamond passes this year but I wasn't aware that quite so many would be put on sale. When the guests have 2 lengthy standard photoshoots a day as well as prop shoots, a talk and then rest breaks there isn't a huge amount of time for signings even for diamond holders. I realise now how fortunate I was to get my MJF and Christopher Lloyd ones done with relative ease (couldn't get Robert but wasn't too fazed as have had several items signed by him at past events). It was very clear from looking around at the diamond exclusive talks that there was a lot sold as so many people attended. Maybe there should be a cap on the diamond passes put on sale? Maybe limit them to 500 for guests attending 2-3 days and 250 for those attending 1 day? That way the diamond talks feel more intimate and exclusive, diamonds can really be guaranteed an auto, less frustration for non gold/diamond holders at photoshoots and more opportunities for them to get autographs. I have seen comments before on here about gold passes getting vqs for standard ticket holder friends coming in later. This does seem unfair as those who have waited longest in the queue should not end up with a higher vq than a gold pass members friend who is arriving later. A suggestion could be not giving out vqs for non diamonds until a flow of standard holders come in or asking to see peoples wrists before giving out vqs for the first 30 mins of show to make sure they haven't already got gold?

But gold had to get VTs for diamond pass guests.

The best idea here is to sell diamond pass guest package where only diamond passes can meet the guest and no one else.

Yes people will be disappointed but at least people who had paid could get everything they were entitled to.

I think they should have had diamond only times for autos like they did for Michael, when i went to get my Christopher Lloyd signature as part of my Diamond Pass, although they were only letting Diamond through at that time, all the VQ Tickets were in the queue as well and it was bedlam and there were a lot of very angry and annoyed people when they told the VQ people they were not going to get a signature, i dont really get why they were getting peoples hopes up with VQ tickets that were being given out in the hundreds for Diamond guests that you had hardley any chance of getting

Get the guests to stay for the allocated time and not leave early might be a start.

On Sunday Sigourney left the power loader 2 photo shoot 15 mins early ( no idea who's at fault yet ) and I missed the chance of that key photo- absolutely gutted :-(

Edited by S.H.R.E.K

Get the guests to stay for the allocated time and not leave early might be a start.

On Sunday Sigourney left the power loader 2 photo shoot 15 mins early ( no idea who's at fault yet ) and I missed the chance of that key photo- absolutely gutted :-(

I thought there was something wrong because I was at the standard sigourney weaver photoshoot 2 on Sunday and everyone was being rushed through. The problem was that the guests can't get to the photoshoot on time because of how packed out the place was, it was terrible to get around and getting to level 3 is a total nightmare
  • Like 1

I think those are all really good points, especially the separate photoshoot time for diamond pass holders. I have another point for the Michael Gambon pass though, in the description it listed 2 exclusive convention goodies and these turned out to be a showmasters bag and a Dumbledore badge. I'm honestly not that impressed especially considering his pass was £175 and Christopher Lloyds pass was £140 and you got 2 t-shirts included in that. Never mind :P

I'd have to agree with extremeladders on this. I had brought the Michael Gambon Diamond Pass and would have expected something a bit better than a bag and a badge as being the two goodies. Anyway never mind.

• Like 1

I thought there was something wrong because I was at the standard sigourney weaver photoshoot 2 on Sunday and everyone was being rushed through. The problem was that the guests can't get to the photoshoot on time because of how packed out the place was, it was terrible to get around and getting to level 3 is a total nightmare

This is the thing that gets me I was well within time of it ending a good 15 - 20 mins to spare.

I came direct from her talk upstairs on level 3 - stairwell was manic so I made a toilet visit for 2 mins for it to clear then bought a photo pic sleeve on level 1 on my way there.

Once again arrived with a good 15mins to spare and she left early- some major breakdown in communication at some point between SM staff and her personnel.

I just want SM staff to learn from mistakes that have happened so that future events are not spoilt by such incidents to be honest.

They really pushed Diamond and did not deliver 100% ending up in me getting £110 refund and the constant memory of my missed opportunity.