Back to the future cast talk shambles

After being at the con all day Saturday and all day Sunday upto 14.30 today(Sunday) everything for me had gone pretty smoothly and after reading some horror stories on here I felt quite lucky and upto that point all crew had been very helpful and I had managed to get 27 autos pretty easy and made my Christopher Lloyd Delorean shoot this morning no problem made Jeremy Bulloch costume shoot every thing still running on time next up the back to the future cast talk in the super stage so we made are way there and we were actually in the room where the guy who seemed to be in charge let gold and diamond guests in and got everyone else to wait behind a line. So far so good everything else had been called in batches so as we were batch 1 so thought we would be next that's when it all went wrong as we were then told to leave the building go down the road and go in another entrance as my partner walks with a crutch this took us nearly 20 mins and we ended up 1 row from the back where neither of us could see a thing but the talk was also delayed which then meant I was late for John Ratzenberger who had also moved shoot areas which then meant I was late with my batch 1 shoot for for M J fox with Delorean so just had to go to the back of the massive queue which pretty much took me to the end of the day. It's strange how one rather strange decision on someone's part can snowball and then ruin people's day!

I also had batch 1 but got a seat near the back after queing outside for maybe 45 mins.

Apparently a lot of people got in from the normal entrance, without having to leave the building, and their tickets didn't even get scanned

The organising for this was a bit of a shambles. But to be fair the people with tickets didn't help either. I was a diamond pass holder and the standard ticket holders just refused to move round to the other entrance after being told numerous times. Then all of a sudden they all just ran into the hall without even getting their ticket scanned. There should have been more crew here to handle things.

Yes, I thought we were being called in batches... however I had asked earlier in the day about where to queue so we were pretty near the front of that line.

There were no signs up at all to indicate this... a lot of confusion could have been avoided if a big sign was put up that said "Platinum and gold passes queue here, ordinary tickets need to queue outside at the West entrance"

It's all very well announcing things like this on the forum and on social media, but for people like me that travelled and couldn't get a decent wi-fi signal all day, you don't see these things. You cannot assume everyone sees stuff online.

Edited by PrehistoricCat

It was shocking. I was in row 2 for the free talk and after they said if you diamond then stay where you are. Then we got told to all get up and they will check the passes in number order. This certainly did not happen so I ended up far back.

I have a diamond and a gold pass which did not count for anything. I see people with a standard pass for the talk that were nearer to the front than me. I am not saying we want special treatment but £445 for diamond and £225 for gold vs the cost of the talk. Overall it was a good weekend. I did feel that Sunday was the worst day though.

I hope that there is more clarity round the diamond/gold pass as they kept on closing the gold room when talks were on as they said it's a special talk so can't go in the gold room (show masters should have put the gold room somewhere else then)

For the Chris Lloyd talk they lined us up in pass order and that worked well. The back to the future talk red top lady had no idea what was going on.

Like I said overall seemed quite good but Sunday I just felt a bit like I did not want to be there.