GP autograph vouchers "complaint"

Not sure if this is a complaint or not, just something that confused me a lot today (Sunday).

I asked one of the crew if I could use my GP autograph vouchers for a guest that was more than 10£ and was told it would be no problem, I could use it on one that was charging 15£ and get 5£ back (that's already confusing). Then when I went to a guest to do that I was told that that wouldn't be possible, even if I paid more myself, I couldn't use it.

So, I were standing there before a guest, that I wanted an autograph, and stuff just got too weird for me in this interaction, so I left without getting an autograph, feel a bit bad for the guest.

This is something the crew should be more informed about, if there will be autograph vouchers like these another time, included in tickets.

It does state in the Gold Pass info on the Eventbrite site that the GP autograph vouchers are to be used to get autos from two £10 guests on Friday or Sunday. Maybe the crew member could have been better informed but as the person buying the GP, surely you have a responsibility for making sure you know exactly what you get as part of the package.

This is the exact wording:

"You will be able to get 2 in-person autographs from the guests of your choice attending the show on the Friday or Sunday that are charging £10, these 2 autographs will be free."

I traded both my £10 autograph vouchers and £10 note for 2 £15 autograph vouchers for Tom Savini for me and my mate, no issues. Used the £10 photo vouchers and added £25 for a Bill Paxton photo

Edited by Aearin

Wtf? Now l feel even more robbed as l sticked to the rules and didn't spent them on guests more then 10 pounds...great...40 pounds really wasted...

I was panicking that i was going to lose them as i booked most of my shoots for the Sunday as at the time i thought it would be the quieter day, then 4 of my guests that i had booked for the Saturday was cancelled i didnt want to put more into my already busy Sunday as i was rushing around enough as it was. Got it done in the end though, i wasn't overly fussed for a photo with paxton but didnt want to waste the vouchers and couldnt see anyone else

I also made sure to stick to the rule of only using them for £10 guests on Friday and Sunday. A bit annoying to hear others using them for guests who were more than £10 when we were told multiple times this wouldn't be allowed. I would have used mine towards a more expensive guest if I had known.

It did say on here that we could exchange the photoshoot ones for higher value - as it is, I used mine on 4 different £5 prop shoots. The crew behind the desk just wrote on the back it had been used once and gave it back to me signed. I had no problems.

I used my £10 autograph vouchers on Gemma Whelan (today) and John Bell (Saturday). It did say we couldn't use them on Saturday but the crew member certainly didn't refuse it, so I was pleased about that.

To be honest, I don't think all the crew knew what they were doing with those Gold vouchers - you seemed to be able to exchange them for pretty much anything!!

I also made sure to stick to the rule of only using them for £10 guests on Friday and Sunday. A bit annoying to hear others using them for guests who were more than £10 when we were told multiple times this wouldn't be allowed. I would have used mine towards a more expensive guest if I had known.

I did ask because i didnt want to look like i was taking the pish and she did say it wouldn't be a problem. There was no £10 guests i wanted so they would have ended up in the bin otherwise.

I don't know if it was cause it was late afternoon on the Sunday and there was Shoots etc that wasn't sold so they Laxed the rules or if i just got lucky?

I gave up with this also as was specifically told only £10 guest so I didn't keep them. On Sunday I see someone putting towards a sigourney weaver auto. This is totally unacceptable if the same process is not followed as I feel like I have lost out on the £20 I could have used towards another guest.

With regards to the photo shoot ones when I got to the desk to use them all of the photo shoots I wanted had sold out.

I think you need to look at what you offer with the golds in the future as I certainly felt a bit let down with the packages

I saw this happen on both Saturday and Sunday where someone used the auto ticket as part payment. I was not sure if the rules had changed or not as I could not get a decent internet connection in my hotel.

one thing i dont get is all the people that have reported they didnt use their vouchers as there were no £10 guests they wanted, why not offer them to others either as a nice freebie, or sell them cheap, i am sure a lot of people would have been greatfull for them and it seems a lot have gone to waste, i would have happily paid £5 each for them as there were lots of £10 Star Wars guests i would have got.

I did use mine but if i hadnt i would have gone up to a family with children and given them to them instead of throwing them away like lots of people seem to have done

The rules had not changed. I currently don't know where the miscommunication happened, but obviously it happened.

And this is why some rules keep getting more and more strict... there's always people not listening to them and sometimes unfortunately they get away with it. So others have to suffer for their deeds.

SM know about this and it is hopefully one of the points that should be addressed once they get a chance to come on.