Thank you Showmasters

There's a lot of negativity about this event - and I'm sure that it's all just (long queues, cancelled guests, cancelled photo opportunities, lack of signage, clueless staff - I could go on and on and on) - BUT I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Showmasters and their team for putting these events on. Personally, my sole intention on Friday (I work weekends - yes, I've been to work today - so could only go on the Friday) was to have a photo shoot with Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson AND if lucky I'd be able to get my Flux Capacitor signed by both and maybe, just maybe signed by some of the other BTTF cast that were attending. I chose not to buy a Michael J Fox Diamond Pass as I wouldn't have been able to make full use of it so knew when I went that getting his autograph just wasn't going to happen. I arrived at 12:10pm and got on the back of the queue which was already down to the train station and got into the venue about 1:30pm (Doors opened at 1:00pm). Luckily I've been to a few events before, so first off it was a dash around the hall to get the virtual queuing tickets for Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson and Claudia Wells. Next, I went for my Christopher Lloyd photo shoot for which I queued for no more than 15 minutes. Next, I worked my way around getting other BTTF cast to sign, then headed back to Claudia and Lea with my virtual tickets. Last to sign it was Christopher Lloyd which did have a long queue BUT I was successful. Last off, was my Lea Thompson photo shoot with a queue time of 10 minutes. I did visit the organisers booth to see if there was any way at all I could get Michael J Fox to sign it BUT they just said, no, Diamond Pass only. I explained my position that I worked weekends, they said there was nothing they could do and I accepted that, after all, I'd accomplished more than I thought I would and I am so happy with my Flux Capacitor, it's awesome :) Here's a link to the video of it being signed should you want to take a peek...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9MvCjtCjQA

If it were not for Showmasters, I doubt if I would have ever met...

Elizabeth Sladen

Brian Cant
Michael Rosenbaum
Brandon Routh
Alex Kingston
Christopher Ryan
Lou Ferrigno
Carl Weathers
Robert Englund
Frank Bruno
Ronnie O’Sullivan
Christopher Lloyd
Lea Thompson
Claudia Wells
James Tolken
Marc McClure
Donald Fullilove
Harry Waters Jr
Una Stubbs
Louise Brealey
Andrew Scott
Rupert Graves
Benedict Cumberbatch
Mark Gatiss
Richard Keel
Glynis Barber
Michael Brandon
Kenny Baker
Peter Mayhew
David Prowse
Stan Lee
Zach Galligan
Kane Hodder
William Atherton
KarenAllen
Anthony Head
Dwight Schultz
John Barrowman
Eve Myles
James Marsters
Kai Owen
Billy Dee Williams
Robert Patrick
Gillian Anderson
and many others...
So, although you are not perfect Showmasters, I do thank you for putting on these events which are getting bigger and better and I know that you will continue to improve at each one.
Thank you :)
Edited by Clocky
  • Like 1