Thrown out of gold room

I've paid Showmasters for a gold pass and because I didn't have a ticket for the Back to the future talk I was told I had to leave the gold pass room. Nowhere was it stated that this had to during this time.

I don't care about the talk because if I did I would have paid for a ticket, but when I pay Showmasters over £200 for a gold pass I expect access to the room at all times.

Sunday has been worse than Saturday as the venue feels overcrowded more than Yesterday

I could complain more but for now I'll leave it

• Like 3

I think SM's treatment of all attendees this year has been shoddy, I feel especially sorry for those who shelled out for a gold or diamond pass only to be let down.
I'm kind of glad I didn't attend this year, it sounds like it has been a nightmare for most!

I may need to re-examine my relationship with these events. Although they are the biggest in Europe, it seems SM are getting lazy with their treatment of fans and almost as if they don't care for them, only for the money (which I suspect is probably true).

They need to buck up their ideas or they're going to lose a lot of business.

• Like 5

I think SM's treatment of all attendees this year has been shoddy, I feel especially sorry for those who shelled out for a gold or diamond pass only to be let down.

I'm kind of glad I didn't attend this year, it sounds like it has been a nightmare for most!

I may need to re-examine my relationship with these events. Although they are the biggest in Europe, it seems SM are getting lazy with their treatment of fans and almost as if they don't care for them, only for the money (which I suspect is probably true).

They need to buck up their ideas or they're going to lose a lot of business.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I didn't attend this year because I couldn't afford it and the line up for me personally wasn't great in fitting into my interests. Last year was a great event for me and my cousin as We met everyone that We wanted to and more,despite my cousins disappointment at not meeting Stan Lee it was a great great event. This year though from what I've heard from attendees it was a totally different picture. Poor treatment, terrible planning and utter disappointment for some. I really hated the idea of diamond passes in the first place and now it seems that even shelling out upwards of £140 on one guests pass (obviously not including entry etc) isn't going to gaurantee a good event. I truly feel sorry for everyone who was let down by SM this weekend. Especially those who spent thousands on VIP passes etc. as for my future attending SM events... I don't know.
  • Like 1

I am really glad I didn't go this year, the organisation has sounded woeful at times. Some great guests don't get me wrong but it sounds long gone are the days are having a stress free fun con day at LFCC

I've paid Showmasters for a gold pass and because I didn't have a ticket for the Back to the future talk I was told I had to leave the gold pass room. Nowhere was it stated that this had to during this time.

I don't care about the talk because if I did I would have paid for a ticket, but when I pay Showmasters over £200 for a gold pass I expect access to the room at all times.

Sunday has been worse than Saturday as the venue feels overcrowded more than Yesterday

I left my husband safe, cool and comfy in the gold pass room until I got a couple of autos on level three. When I returned he had been turfed out on his ass, because of the talk. I concur it was not stated you would have to leave during this talk and as I am the only woman on the planet that does not have a mobile phone our sensible arrangement was cocked up and left my husband sat on the floor outside of the shutters until my return. Poor show SM

• Like 1

Same here, was thrown out of the gold pass chill out room too on the sunday because there was a talk...this was obviously not mentioned when buying the pass. The room would be available all weekend.... Another reason why l didn't get the special feeling you should get with a gold pass...

The Diamond Passes were SPOT ON. I had one for Sigourney Weaver and after shelling out the money for it I have to say it was totally worth it. The SM crew always made sure that you were taken when you were meant to and were great when helping out with queues. It did what it said on the tin and guaranteed me the autographs that I was so looking forward to getting. Not to mention great seats for the two talks and nice short queues for the Photoshoots.

I really hope this becomes a regular opportunity for certain guests. I'd definitely go diamond again next year if there was a guest I really wanted to see.

• Like 2

The Diamond Passes were SPOT ON. I had one for Sigourney Weaver and after shelling out the money for it I have to say it was totally worth it. The SM crew always made sure that you were taken when you were meant to and were great when helping out with queues. It did what it said on the tin and guaranteed me the autographs that I was so looking forward to getting. Not to mention great seats for the two talks and nice short queues for the Photoshoots.

I really hope this becomes a regular opportunity for certain guests. I'd definitely go diamond again next year if there was a guest I really wanted to see.

They're all well and good as long as you have that much cash to throw around on individual guest passes. I can see the perks but after what I've heard from this weekend I'm not sure I'll be going to another summer show again. Let alone buying a diamond pass
  • Like 2

Outside the Michael J Fox photo shoot was terrible, just a mass of people and a poor crew member having to shout and write on a board. I could hear him nor read the board, and had to rely on a kind person in the mass next to me. Next time they need x amount of queues, diamond, gold etc

• Like 1

I can understand why the GP room had to be evacuated for the MJF talk as unfortunately it was in the same room, which meant all GPers in there could have had a freebie, but yes, that should have been made clearer.

On a related note, I actually got to use the GP chill-out room properly for the first time ever today (normally I'm so busy I'm never near the place) and I thought it was great. Snacks and water were plentiful and it was so quiet and cool. Lovely. Went back a few times in between photoshoots and auto-hunting...

Outside the Michael J Fox photo shoot was terrible, just a mass of people and a poor crew member having to shout and write on a board. I could hear him nor read the board, and had to rely on a kind person in the mass next to me. Next time they need x amount of queues, diamond, gold etc

I agree. A was the worst place for a photo shoot it was absolutely manic. I managed to find a place behind the grey boards for MJF and i couldnt hear a thing. It was completely packed in with people even with late batch numbers that have pushed their way to the front. When they eventually did call gold pass after diamond, no one would move and let me through even though i politely said excuse me MULTIPLE times and was extremely polite. So i just walked through everyone pushing them out the way...

I can understand why the GP room had to be evacuated for the MJF talk as unfortunately it was in the same room, which meant all GPers in there could have had a freebie, but yes, that should have been made clearer.

On a related note, I actually got to use the GP chill-out room properly for the first time ever today (normally I'm so busy I'm never near the place) and I thought it was great. Snacks and water were plentiful and it was so quiet and cool. Lovely. Went back a few times in between photoshoots and auto-hunting...

I don't understand why tbh. The GP room was quite set back and if anyone did try to leave the room to watch they could of been ushered out. There's no windows looking that way in the GP room after all. SM could have used screens to block this if they really wanted to

They're all well and good as long as you have that much cash to throw around on individual guest passes. I can see the perks but after what I've heard from this weekend I'm not sure I'll be going to another summer show again. Let alone buying a diamond pass

I know what you're saying but I definitely wouldn't put it as lightly as "cash to throw around". I didn't see it that way at all and it was certainly a lot of money to spend on meeting a single person. I spent a fair amount of time debating it but in reality it was literally a dream meet for me and so something I saw as worth spending some savings on. It was truly worth it for me personally.

I wouldn't go buying a Diamond Pass for just any guest at every event and I think that's the point of them.

Being in the gold room when a talk was on could not be considered as a freebie as you should not hear what was being said. I went to a couple of talks and was on the end of the front row I had enough trouble making out was was being said.

I don't understand why tbh. The GP room was quite set back and if anyone did try to leave the room to watch they could of been ushered out. There's no windows looking that way in the GP room after all. SM could have used screens to block this if they really wanted to

Also, does it really matter? People pay enough for gold, if they happen to be in the room when a talk was on and did hear snippets, I wouldn't begrudge them that! I have never and would never buy gold, and this really wouldn't bother me!

This should have been thought out before the room was put there!

Lets not forget that the chill room was manned all the time this weekend, and had enough chairs for everyone (phrased those sentences positively there).

As for being ejected from the chill room, didn't happen to me, but made sense that it happened to be honest.

• Like 1

If you had paid to attend a talk then you would not want to be disturbed by the noise coming from people talking in the gold room. I attended the free wrestling talk and you could hear the people in the gold room. I am sure that is why people had to leave during the paid talks. I do think that next time the gold room should be in a separate location from the stage area so that it can be used all the time.

So you weren't "thrown out" of the Gold Room because you didn't have a talk ticket, you were asked to leave because they closed the gold room for the duration of the talk

• Like 1

So you weren't "thrown out" of the Gold Room because you didn't have a talk ticket, you were asked to leave because they closed the gold room for the duration of the talk

Sounds like getting thrown out to me. Asking to leave sounds like you had a choice. I was there, there was no choice.

• Like 4

Sounds like getting thrown out to me. Asking to leave sounds like you had a choice. I was there, there was no choice.

Thrown out sounds like it was just this one individual and they were forcibly removed. If you heard someone was 'thrown out' of a pub you'd certainly have visions of bouncers physically forcing the person to leave. You don't refer to it as being 'thrown out' when you have to leave after last orders.