BTTF talk

Hi Guys I was at the event as press (I didn't go to the BTTF talk) in our press conference the centre of the first row was reserved for special press guests who I think are doing a documentary for the blu ray release. I'm guessing it was the same today. Press were granted access to talks but were told it was to be standing room only in the paid for talks.

Edited by gizmo0908

I'm not sure who it was, but the front two rows had "reserved" on them and taken up by people with cameras in the air so no one behind them had a chance without looking at the big screens. Not all. Just some.

Edited by gillianre

Have to say I was pretty pissed at this as well. Paid a diamond pass to get front row seating and the front two centre rows we weren't allowed in at all, absolutely shocking, people who paid so much only to be placed at the side of the stage where you don't get nearly as good a view

What I don't understand is why getting into Michael J Fox's talk yesterday was really well organised yet the BTTF talk was an utter shambles from beginning to end?!?! I don't understand why they couldn't have people bringing attendees inside the hall in pass numbers like on Saturday? Absolute joke.

• Like 1

It was not press, press had to stand at the back. I guided some press ladies in there, so I can definitely confirm that part. I was at the Diamond Pass doors, so I don't know who exactly ended up sitting there, sorry. Someone mentioned Universal was filming, so I guess the group belonged to Universal.

I had a gold pass and a MJF diamond pass and so went to both the back in time free talk and the BTTF cast talk. I was sat in the front row to the right of the stage for the back in time and we were told that diamond pass holders could stay where they were. A woman in a red top then decided that everyone with a diamond pass had to get up out of their seats and stand at the side. Reserved seat tickets where then put on the front 2 rows of the middle section. She then decided that diamond pass holders had to sit in the middle section only and that you had to go in batches been 1 to 50, then 51 to 100 etc but no checks where made. As my batch number was well over 200 I would have been seating 14 to 15 rows back. I choose to ignore her and sat in the front row to the left.

Would it not have been simpler to put reserved seat tickets down before the free talk as a lot of people were attending both.

While she was trying to organise things she was shouting over the music that was playing. Why did no one turn the music off so we could hear what was been said.

This talk ruined my weekend we had to leave the building and come back in the other side at which point all the seats had gone and we were right at the back so the cast were just tiny dots

I had exactly the same problem.

I went to the back in time talk but i had a photo shoot at the same time so had to leave to go to that just as they were saying diamonds stay in your seats, gold go to this place everyone else go to other place. when i came back from my photo shoot i was told to go outside and round the billding and join some queue whitch i didnt understand the instructions for. I have epilepsy and autisme and don't understand directions. i told the staff i didnt understand and they just repeated in the same thing i didnt understand. eventualy another gold ticket wristbander came and helped me find my way out the building and round. Only to find by the time i was outside all the golds had been let into the hall and seated and i had to sit right at the back. i very nearly lost it this weekend. it wouldn't have take much or been unfair for the staff to say wait aside till gold tickets are seated then take a seat rather than me spending over 5 minuted trying to get an answer out of a staff member then spending 15 minuted trying to find my way outside a building to another entrance and back in. only to get a seat at the back of the hall. I was NOT impressed. I had only been mere metres from the seats when i came back from my photo shoot and they were already seating the diamond holders. alsp when i did eventualy get into the hall and find a seat at the back after going outside an back in the talk had started. i did not buy a gold ticket to LFCC to sit at the back of the hall.

She then decided that diamond pass holders had to sit in the middle section only and that you had to go in batches been 1 to 50, then 51 to 100 etc but no checks where made. As my batch number was well over 200 I would have been seating 14 to 15 rows back. I choose to ignore her and sat in the front row to the left.

i foolishly obeyed the rules and got stuck at the back (my pass was just over 400)... i thought about going forward earlier but the stranger next to me hit the roof when i foolishly said out loud we could do that. So, shy and ashamed i sat where my batch said, though i noticed there was hardly anyone left to do that as they'd all "queue" jumped.

It was a shambles, and not what diamond pass should expect - i'm almost bankrupt for one thing! :( And add that that the absolute fiasco and embarrassment of the photo shoot, i wish i hadn't done diamond :( I cried afterwards, never felt so humiliated by staff in my life, ruined my moment.