Your Experience With RDA

He was such a nice guy with a great sense of humour. I had just started a cast print of the SG1 team and he was the first to sign it. He said he better add #1 at the end of his signature, so when I meet the others they know he was the first to sign :-D

With a little pre-planning and persistence I got to meet a childhood hero and was not disappointed, I think I’m still smiling now. I can’t thank Showmaster enough, looking forward to see who will be #2.

Vicky had a photo with him and said he was great, mainly because a female with a German accent, just before her, jumped on him, so he just carried on giving out free hugs with the shoots. It really made her day.

Wasn't me, I swear. I reserve my jumping for Ben Browder. :lol:

• Like 6

RDA was great. He was a real gentleman and was courteous to everyone even when he had to deal with difficult situations like when the lady in front of me was complaining about wanting to get her autograph personalized even when the SM staff at the desk were telling her she couldn't. he reluctantly said he would to stop her arguing. He was then very polite to me and just signed he name. I think the fan in front was more ungrateful and less courteous. it was not fair on the rest of the people in the queue. My picture with RDA he is smiling and he was happy to put his arm round everyone. All in all i had a really good experience with RDA. my only qualm is id have liked to have longer to talk to him as i was rushed through my autograph due to the lady in front to talk but i understand why i couldn't.

Vicky had a photo with him and said he was great, mainly because a female with a German accent, just before her, jumped on him, so he just carried on giving out free hugs with the shoots. It really made her day.

We did actually suspect it may have been you! But guess not, we'd like to have met you to say thanks for your help as well.

We did actually suspect it may have been you! But guess not, we'd like to have met you to say thanks for your help as well.

No, for once so not guilty as charged. :lol:

Maybe we should make this a game at the next show. "Find QS." :D

• Like 2

My mom was completely crazy about him and told me he was by far the nicest and funniest guy she met during the con. So when she went to get a second autograph I joined her and told RDA I had to "see that for myself". He started laughing and told me I shouldn't always believe what my mom tells me. Then she gave him the photo of their shoot and he replied super enthusiastically "Ooh look at us! We look amazing don't we!", he signed it and we had a little chat about his experiences at the con and his Macgyver days at which some point he told us he is even able to sign a paperclip, because obviously!

To thank him my mom gave him some Belgian chocolates (we're from Belgium) and he joked by saying "can't you see I'm on a diet" and wiggling with his belly. So as it turned out my mom was totally right and RDA was the sweetest guy imaginable, would love to meet him again some day.

• Like 1

I got a VT for him on Friday and they didn't get to my number. The same on Saturday. By Sunday I got a ticket just for the sake of it, I knew it was pretty much pointless and had to give in to the fact I wasn't going to get the final SG.1 autograph I was so desperate to get. Just before closing I was passing by the auto area as I was making my way out and noticed Richard's numbers were in the 200's and my ticket was something like 187......and there was only 12 people in the queue!!! I joined the queue and got a picture & my SG.1 book signed. I was so happy and even had a brief chat with him about how hot it was (not just at the con but in London) and that he preferred a cooler climate. I also asked him if he was glad it was almost over. He gave a sigh and said "Oh yeah but I've enjoyed meeting so many interesting people. He then shook my hand, gave me a nod and a wink and smiling said "It was worth it. It was worth it." I walked away very happy. Add this to meeting MJF & Christopher Lloyd and having them both sign my hoverboard, this has been one of the best, if not THE best con ever.

Edited by James76
  • Like 1

Does anyone know the name of the incredible lady, a crew member, in the black t-shirt manning the RDA autograph queue at the end of Saturday?? She was a delight! So helpful!

Hello, that was Mara! I was so happy for that last group of people, that she managed to get you through!

• Like 1

He was so lovely, he was the main reason I went as I had a Stargate Lithograph that had been signed by the rest of the main cast for him to sign, he had A look and when he saw that I had been lucky enough to have it signed by Don S Davis I swear his expression just changed for a moment in reflection but then signed it. He congratulated me for getting it for getting it finished and that I needed to find somewhere to display it.

I can see both sides of the coin as if he was not being that nice and the autographs where like being on a conveyor belt then he would have got through more Fans, and If I had not been able to see him I would have been gutted but having been lucky enough to meet him now I can honestly say that I have 'met' him and that will stay with me forever

What can I say, he was such a lovely man, I didn't have a chance to get his auto as 1. I hadn't bought a ticket for that and 2. I thought I wouldn't have enough time to get it last minute. But I did get a photo with him and all I can say, he is so charming, at first he said he would crouch down as I was so little and when I asked him if it was possible for a little hug, he just enveloped me in a bear hug and as I was leaving he said that he hoped I was enjoying myself, I said yes and hoped he was too and he told me that he was having a great time. A really nice man and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity of seeing him, even though it was just for a short time, I'm in awe of the guy!! :thumbup:

Edited by Wytch

I was only down for Saturday. Went to the auto area between every photoshoot (I only had three) But I didn't stand a chance of ever get one :( My number was 399, so I knew the minute they gave it me it was no good. I hope he comes back, so I can try again.

RDA was my reason for going and he was worth it. Completely blew me away. I never expected him to be so SMILEY and I love it when the guests enjoy meeting us as much as we do them. Love how he takes the time to talk to everyone.

I managed to tell him how I started watching Stargate after getting out of hospital after a suicide attempt and how it became associated with healing... and he GOT it and made me burst into tears <3

Yeah, awesome guy and he totally made the whole thing for me :D

RDA was relay nice. its a shame he couldn't personalize but he was really nice when i got his auto on the Friday. i got to ask him a question although for the life of me cant remember unfortunately due to the business of the weekend. But overall i can say it was great meeting him.