Your Experience With RDA

This thread is not to share our woes about lengthy queues and troubles with photo shoots. I created this thread so that people could share their experience when they actually finally got to meet Richard Dean Anderson. How many autographs did you get? Were they personalised? How did your photo with him turn out? What was he like to chat to? Etc...

I have to say that RDA has been one of my favourite guests to meet since I started attending cons ten years ago. He is SO friendly and is genuinely pleased to meet and chat with every one of us. He made me feel so special, complimenting my name, apologising for problems with the photo shoot (which he knew nothing about), making jokes, and being patient while I sorted out the poor snapshots my camera was producing when I asked to take a photo. I had a sepia print of him that I had been waiting ten years to get signed (bought it at my first con), and never really believed I'd get the chance.

I was also surprised and extremely pleased to find out he was doing personalisations. Most big guests do not because they are trying to race through as many people as possible. It did mean waiting a significantly longer time than I expected (I left the con at 7.10pm and his VQ was only at 85), but it was well worth it. I'd much prefer to wait and get a personalisation plus a chat, than sail through with just a signature.

I actually got to see him three times on Friday. First to get two prints signed, then for a photo shoot, and then to get my photo signed. By that time personalisations hd stopped, but because I brought my photo to be signed, he was happy to personalise that too!

grqe_834_u8vf2.jpg

I've been lucky enough to meet him at a couple of other events as well and he's always struck me as a genuinely nice chap. He's lovely to meet and I love his talks as he's so passionate about the things he believes in it's interesting to hear him talk about them.

I'm glad I got to meet him here and thanks SM for getting him over.

I thought he was an absolute sweetheart in the photoshoots on Friday. I missed getting his autograph because we had VQ 251 or so and he only got up to 85 on Friday. But as we walked in for the photo, he was smiling and happy to see everyone. He just radiated happiness.

Really hope he comes back, so I can get an autograph (my only other option would be buying an authenticated one online, where some of the proceeds go to RDA-supported charities). Glad you got to meet him for autographs though!

Brilliant, he is by far my favourite guest (actually he ties with Amanda tapping)

He was happy and smiley all day despite the heat, he had to change his shirt four times, and he didn't seem impressed with the heat when he joked about it in his talk. His talk was brilliant, and I'm so pleased he told the host to let the audience ask questions as it was starting to grate that the host was asking all the (mostly boring) questions. It was a shame because RDA loved the audience questions.

He photo shoot was lovely and as relaxed as it could be in the circumstance and I got a hug off him because he says 'I never deny a hug'

Definitely worth the over night drive and long drive back home

• Like 1

I don't think the whole autograph thing worked really well with RDA. I had no chance whatsoever of getting one, despite getting in the queue several times yesterday. That being said, I'm glad he was taking the time to chat, do personalizations etc, as I hate it when guests sign your item, push it back to you and never even look up and make eye contact. If that's all they do, what's the point. So I'm glad for those who did get one, and got the chance. :)

I was lucky enough to do the talk and get my photo, and I think he was amazing and so funny, as well as obviously being so committed to the causes he supports. If I'm honest, the only real reason I did this con was a chance to meet him. Not getting a sig wasn't the end of the world, as he was SO nice in the photo shoot too! I even exchanged a few words there.

The lady in front was really small, so he hunkered right down and totally hugged her. She must have been in heaven! :)

If he comes back and I can't make it, I'll get a copy of my pic made and send it in to SM for him to sign, at least that way I know its going to happen lol.

Can I ask, did he stay Friday night then? Someone on here moaned and posted he left at 4pm, which I thought was strange for him, as he likes to do stuff for his fans!

He just radiated happiness.

This! I missed out on an autograph, sadly, but I did get a photo with him and he was possibly the happiest, friendliest person I've ever met. It was an absolute dream come true.

I really really REALLY hope he comes back to the UK so I can get an autograph! :)

• Like 1

I've been lucky enough to meet him at a couple of other events as well and he's always struck me as a genuinely nice chap. He's lovely to meet and I love his talks as he's so passionate about the things he believes in it's interesting to hear him talk about them.

I'm glad I got to meet him here and thanks SM for getting him over.

I was disappointed when I found out the talk was on Saturday when I had bought tickets for Friday, but now, I can't help thinking I made the right decision to go on Friday. If I had gone Saturday I might not have seen him at all. And if the talk was on Friday, there would have been no time to get his autograph. I think it all worked out for the best in the end for me.

I had a photo with him first thing Saturday morning and the minute I walked in he was laughing and joking smiling away. I went up said hello and he gave me a good squeeze, then said well your very pretty.... I then swooned a tad as I wasn't expecting that and said well thank you haha!

But he was just radiating happiness and I really REALLY felt like he loved and wanted to be there!

His talk was amazing my favourite talk by far even better than Ben Browers! He is a eccentric character and just so honest, geniene and down to earth!

One of or possibly my favourite guest so far

Edited by toria
  • Like 1

Absolutely brilliant guest! I had a photo with him and he was so lovely and happy! At first he just had his arm round me, then just as we were going to have the photo, he pulled me in even more and leaned his head on mine. I got unnaturally exited, not going to lie. lol, Also, it's my favourite Comic Con photo. Ever.

One of my all time favourite guests!

Edited by Chicken

Great guy.. We compared Fitbits..he had 5000 steps, I had 28000 steps.. He said 'well I've been sat down all day!'.... Plus loved the notice that he won't sign duct tape...only McGyver would have that sign...

Once you actually got to him he was great to meet for autos. By Sunday there were no personisalations . He would sign duck tape but only flat pierce stuck to some form of backing as he said it was very hard to sign on a roll.

He was an absolutely great guy, I personally havent watched or MacGyver and when he realised i'dbrothers beenStargateying to see him since Friday morning and only managed to finally get to him today so I could get my brother and auto for his birthday, he then asked brothers name was and personalised it for him. That really made my day and i'd love to meet him again!

My favourite person ever! Love him! Loved the photos, loved the talk, love my autos. When I realised a t-shirt I had designed & printed wouldnt be signed, I gave it to him...and he seemed quite chuffed (or at least acted it convincingly LOL)

First timer to LFCC on the Saturday and had VQ ticket around 400, but thanks to a nice showmaster person, because my son is autistic and was struggling with the fact that we probibly not get RDA's autograph pointed out to us that we could get a access pass. Having got this pass joined the queue and finally got to meet him about 5.00pm. he was chatty and a genuinely nice man, although he was not doing personalisations, he was still a joy to meet and talk to, albeit briefly. Well done SM for such an awesome guest. His autograph is framed and on the wall with all the other pictures from various events.

• Like 1

I didn't think he'd leave at 4pm! I bet they simply assumed he'd gone because he was on a break, or photo shoot!

Photoshoot it was.

By the time I saw him yesterday they had stopped personalisations. But I did get a heart drawn on my autograph, I guess that more than made up for it. :D

• Like 2