Praise to the Crew Members

I don't know his name, but hats off to the crew member with glasses who was at yesterday's (Sunday's) Sigourney Powerloader shoot in the morning (and got some batch 2s through at the end - thank you!) and then at the Michael J Fox Delorean photo shoot near the entrance to the area. He was funny, honest, empathic and 'human' and seemed happy to help. I'm sure there were lots of other great crew members but he was there for both of my photo shoots and was still being courteous and helpful so that's why I singled him out.

shout out to the top bloke in charge of the line outside Phtoshoot 'D' on Saturday.

Didn't catch his name. Bushy black beard.

KInd, helpful,calm, loud, funny & informative.

Many thanks.

Ponytail? Possibly Ian (although we call him Doug)

shout out to the top bloke in charge of the line outside Phtoshoot 'D' on Saturday.

Didn't catch his name. Bushy black beard.

KInd, helpful,calm, loud, funny & informative.

Many thanks.

Sounds like it maybe Justin to me.

If he was shortish and looked like he was auditioning for that part of a mountain man it may be our lovely Justin who is forgoing cutting his hair and beard for a year for charity

• Like 1

I have to say, with only one quite minor niggle on Saturday at a photo shoot, the crew were AWESOME!! I spent a lot of my time in queues telling other 'angry and about to get abusive' queuers that these folks are volunteers ....I don't know how the word is going to get round but I think we all need to spread that round a bit more. they work damned hard and there would be no event without them..........and they do not deserve the level of abuse they were getting in some areas over the weekend!

• Like 2

There was chaos this evening with the Christopher Lloyd issue.

I had a funny turn. That made me feel quite ill something that I've never experienced before (hyperventilating, dizziness, pins and needles in my hands - I really didn't know where I was and stuff). However the staff there were amazing and really looked after me. So I'd like to say thank you very very very much to the 3 ladies and the one bloke (sorry I don't have names). You helped me out so much during what was a very worrying new situation. Thank you.

Hi! I was one of those ladies. I was the blue shirt who gave you the bottle of water. I really hope you are feeling better now and that you had a good weekend. Thanks!!!

I'm a lot better now thanks. Took me a while to get out of the venue then it dawned on me I'd forgotten my suitcase so had to go back to the cloakroom. A very lengthy journey home with a hell of a lot of water.

I'm extremely grateful to you all for looking after me like you did. Although I'd rather have not had it happen to me how you guys dealt with it all became one of my highlights if that makes sense? So thank again

• Like 1

I think you'll find that Luke, Phil and Stuart are definately already pencilled in for those positions for the next 10 years! ;-)

Is Stuart the name of the big blonde man? :smile:

That's me :) Though I've never been blonde in my life - the light must have been very flattering as it's pure grey!

Mr Dazzler - I think you'll find that Luke, Phil and I are handing over our photoshoot areas to Barry to run simultaneously next time :angel::whistling:

I only had great experiences with the crew this year, although some were understandably stressed, I never felt they were rude or unprofessional and most were having fun and I enjoyed talking to them. There is one guy who I want to give a quick shout out to though. When I was in the queue for Hayley Attwell's auto on Sunday, I was trying to get a pic out of my bag that I wanted signing whilst holding one that I'd picked up off the table for my friend, while also holding the personalisation notes and auto number ticket, when a guy from the crew (young guy with blonde hair) came rushing over to me a held all my things so that I could get the picture out. Really grateful for this, many thanks if you read this!

I had some really bad experiences, which I've already mentioned. Best crew member for me by far was the guy running the late Robert Englund Shoot on Saturday. Really professional, really jovial, made everyone relax after all the stress we'd been under. Got us into safe, sensible queues in seconds and kept it that way. Don't know his name, but super job! Get this guy on the high stress shoots, like Photo A next year, he doesn't treat you like sheep!

Sounds like you joined the cult of Luke. Was he making jokes and being generally funny plus has a beard. That would be Luke! :)

The cult of Luke? Why is mine a cult and not a fandom? Thanks for the compliments though everyone who has directly or indirectly named me. Couldn't do it without my fellow photo crew, otherwise the queue wouldn't move!

• Like 1

Where do we have to sign to get Luke, Phil, and the big blonde man from Photo B running all the larger queues for photo shoots next year? :poki:

Just come up to us and ask :-). We reserve the right to decline though.

Edited by Wookie

I had some really bad experiences, which I've already mentioned. Best crew member for me by far was the guy running the late Robert Englund Shoot on Saturday. Really professional, really jovial, made everyone relax after all the stress we'd been under. Got us into safe, sensible queues in seconds and kept it that way. Don't know his name, but super job! Get this guy on the high stress shoots, like Photo A next year, he doesn't treat you like sheep!

Sounds like you joined the cult of Luke. Was he making jokes and being generally funny plus has a beard. That would be Luke! :)

The cult of Luke? Why is mine a cult and not a fandom? Thanks for the compliments though everyone who has directly or indirectly named me. Couldn't do it without my fellow photo crew, otherwise the queue wouldn't move!

It has a better ring to it and wold make better T-Shirts!

Shout out to Carrie & Vicky in the Zone 2 signing area. They did a great job sorting out some hodgepodge VQ tickets for Alexander Siddig when he ended up being really late. After having waited for nearly an hour this helped me out a lot.

It has a better ring to it and wold make better T-Shirts!

Make it the United Kingdom of Luke, and we wouldn't need to self print, just go to the store :-D

• Like 1

Where do we have to sign to get Luke, Phil, and the big blonde man from Photo B running all the larger queues for photo shoots next year? :poki:

Just come up to us and ask :-). We reserve the right to decline though.

Have you regained your voice today, Luke?

Shout out to Carrie & Vicky in the Zone 2 signing area. They did a great job sorting out some hodgepodge VQ tickets for Alexander Siddig when he ended up being really late. After having waited for nearly an hour this helped me out a lot.

Well thank-you. I shall pass the messahe to Vik also.

Really sorry Alexander was later and you guys had to wait so long. I just wanted to get you out and about doing other things instead of being stood in a queue that people were barging through with no regard to those stood in it!

The Red topped crew on the (3rd?) floor, were by far the best staff in the place on Saturday, so helpful and actually knew what they were doing, how to help and who to see if they could not do it themselves.

Also, my friend who is not a member of the forum - would like to say the red shirt working the tombstone shoot Q on sunday was excellent.