Praise to the Crew Members

There was chaos this evening with the Christopher Lloyd issue.

I had a funny turn. That made me feel quite ill something that I've never experienced before (hyperventilating, dizziness, pins and needles in my hands - I really didn't know where I was and stuff). However the staff there were amazing and really looked after me. So I'd like to say thank you very very very much to the 3 ladies and the one bloke (sorry I don't have names). You helped me out so much during what was a very worrying new situation. Thank you.

• Like 3

There was chaos this evening with the Christopher Lloyd issue.

I had a funny turn. That made me feel quite ill something that I've never experienced before (hyperventilating, dizziness, pins and needles in my hands - I really didn't know where I was and stuff). However the staff there were amazing and really looked after me. So I'd like to say thank you very very very much to the 3 ladies and the one bloke (sorry I don't have names). You helped me out so much during what was a very worrying new situation. Thank you.

Hi! I was one of those ladies. I was the blue shirt who gave you the bottle of water. I really hope you are feeling better now and that you had a good weekend. Thanks!!!

Well to be honest I was kind of scared with my photoshoots this Sunday after the many stories I heard about Saturday, I managed to get all my photoshoots trough the day without any problem, special thanks to the red t-shirts, a lady with blue hair, that was helping with Sigourney Weaver PL photoshoot and a guy with a goatee, glasses a bit of a hair loss (seconded by a blue t-shirt bearded man) on the MJ Fox Delorean; he was also on the Christopher Lloyd Delorwan photoshoots.... Those guys knew what they were doing, were very helpful, funny , people oriented and managed everything perfectly

• Like 1

I would like to say thank you to all the staff on the Friday - I spoke to a fair few during the course of the day (usually for directions!). If they couldn't provide me with a clear answer they'd kindly advise me to a colleague of theirs.

Nothing smacked of disorganisation from my perspective regarding the staff. I appreciate things can get manic and things can be changed about but they were all courteous and professional regardless which says oodles for me.

:coolthumb:

Luke in photoshoot A, amazing job in a difficult situation. The girl sitting with Robert Rusler on Sunday that offered to take a photo for us. The girl crew member who was on a break around 5pm yesterday and was in the Jennifer Rubin queue with a guy dressed up as Freddy. As she was getting Jennifer Rubin to sign something, someone stopped her to ask a question. instead of saying 5 minutes or I am on a break she immediately helped her. Very nice (sorry I dont know her name.)

I'd just like to say a big thanks to the Red shirt lady (think she was Spanish?) working on level 3 on Sunday. Really helpful after quite a few blue shirts gave me conflicting (and incorrect) information.

I'd like to thank both Paul and the red crew on the Christopher Lloyd stand for their efforts yesterday, they were great. I had been trying to get Christopher's autograph all weekend but even with low VQ tickets got nowhere near. Yesterday by the skin of my teeth I managed to get it. Thank you for making my weekend, you were both really helpful, gave us free water and kept us all informed.

I'd also like to thank Luke on Photo A, when I turned up for my photoshoot with Michael J Fox and saw the queue I thought there is no way this is going to happen, but he kept our spirits up with his funny comments on his board (he'd lost his voice) and in no time we had got our picture..thank you.

I had a good experience with all the crew - thanks everyone. On Friday Christopher Lloyd was running late for signing, he only had about 15 mins when he got to us, but the guy in the red shirt running the queue, Kev (I think) was excellent and got loads in. I got my autograph which I wouldn't have time to get if I hadn't got it then. So thanks!

Thankyou for a compliment - always a treat after a weekend like that! Glad I was able to help on this instance, - and I know the rest of the crew appreciate you saying you had a good experience. Kev.

• Like 1

For my part, I was to say big thank you to the lady running Richard Dean Anderson's photo shoot queue on Friday. I got to the photo shoot at 1.30pm when it started, but because I had batch 2, thought I would not be able to join the queue until later. So came back after 15 minutes to find the queue in a complete mess and that the batches had appeared to be ignored. I joined the queue, and despite that fact that the first shoot was to get al the way through batch 2, it only got through diamond/gold passes before the rest of us were sent away until 6pm. We were all pretty irrupted about this and made our thoughts heard loudly several times to this poor lady, who was taking it all very patiently, calmly, and respectfully.

I later returned at 5.15pm, not wanting to miss out a second time. When it got to 6 o'clock, she organised the queue into batches like a star. Like she said, there was only one of her, but lots of us, and she coped tremendously. When I got my place in the queue, she informed us that they might not even get to batch 2 this time round (I feel for those in batch 3 and 4), and said we'd have priority tomorrow. To which there was an outcry from people saying they were only there for Friday. I was amongst this group. Thankfully she said that because we were only there that day that e could be given priority, and sent close to the front of the queue, meaning I was able to get my photo.

LFCC need more crew members like this. Not only was she good at managing a crowd, had a our voice so everyone could hear, but she was very patient, calm, and poke respectfully to all of us. Thank you.

Thank-you

This is either myself or Sam. We both have brown hair and glasses so not sure how to seperate us. I wasn't at the earlier shoot but I was at the second shoot and was if fact attending that day and almost missed my own photoshoots due to jumping in and helping out so it's nice to know it helped someone out there! Also it was probably me at the second shoot as I am quite loud and I remember saying I am only one person :)

I'm glad you got through and got the photo

• Like 1

The guy that was running photo area C on Sunday morning was excellent! I have seen him before at other LFCC cons and he is great.

He knows what he is doing and how to arrange the queues and manage the people. He should really be training all the other blue shirts on how to run photo shoot queue lines. SM could do with having him as an employee!

I saw one guest getting angry with him regarding something about a ticket. He quickly diffused the situation and sorted out the problem.

It was the 6pm photoshoot on Friday. From what I saw, there was a gold/old paper ticket almost against the wall, and then at least queues for batches 1 and 2.

The lady in her defence, did realise some people were Friday only so couldn't come back another day, and tried to solve it. But the solution shouldn't have been (and I quote here) "everyone with Friday only, move against the wall". Everyone IN the queue against the wall watched in disbelief as a mass of people swept towards (and sometimes through) us. :no:

Indeed this was definately me. I sorry the queue didn't work for yourself. Unfortunately it was a very hard queue to manage with only me vs 250 people :)

I do try to adhere to a honesty policy, I'd rather let people know they are not going to make it through the queue than stand there for an hour when they could be doing something else. Something I tried to advises to batch 3 and 4's but people do not like to leave the area which makes it even harder to queue people up.

Sorry about being swept away! Unfortunately the call had to be made to ensure the maxium number of people got photos through the weekend and we needed Friday only people against the wall. I'm afraid I didn't get to finish my sentance as people were already moving with little or no regard to others. All I can ask is that people reading this think about their fellow attendees and be polite to each other especially in queues and also not to queue jump. There is time to get through people as long as everyone is respectful. Also to listen and wait for instrudtions to be related before acting.

Hopefully you got through first thing saturday as I did pass the message on that you guys need to be sorted asap

• Like 2

The guy that was running photo area C on Sunday morning was excellent! I have seen him before at other LFCC cons and he is great.

He knows what he is doing and how to arrange the queues and manage the people. He should really be training all the other blue shirts on how to run photo shoot queue lines. SM could do with having him as an employee!

I saw one guest getting angry with him regarding something about a ticket. He quickly diffused the situation and sorted out the problem.

That would be Phil I believe

• Like 1

Todays crew at the RDA photo shoot was awesome!

Arrived late to the shoot by 2 minutes due to the massive queue (despite giving myself 1.5h queue time), initially I was annoyed however the pit lady sorted it all out and told me to come back at 3:20.

Went back, had my Sean Gunn shoot done, changed from my GOTG shirt into my MacGyver shirt and was added to the RDA queue and got my picture.

Professional, friendly and organised :thumbup:

Ah the MacGayver t-shirt lady master of disguise that you are, can't beleive I didn't see you go through SG queue :) I would have honestly let you through the RDA first shoot if I could but we were over running already! At least we got you into the RDA queue the second time around pretty quickly!

I had some really bad experiences, which I've already mentioned. Best crew member for me by far was the guy running the late Robert Englund Shoot on Saturday. Really professional, really jovial, made everyone relax after all the stress we'd been under. Got us into safe, sensible queues in seconds and kept it that way. Don't know his name, but super job! Get this guy on the high stress shoots, like Photo A next year, he doesn't treat you like sheep!

Sounds like you joined the cult of Luke. Was he making jokes and being generally funny plus has a beard. That would be Luke! :)

• Like 1

Well I have just woken up from my favourite comic con to date, I would like to start by thanking Kyle on the Robert Kurtzman table, he helped me get an autograph from Robert when my schedule wouldn't let me and was great to talk to and clearly enjoyed the day and answered the question I wanted to ask Robert. The staff on photo shoots D were perfect, really organised and funny. I heard from staff that people will complain and I just wanted to say I have no idea how this is possible. The number of people was fine for me, if there was a queue in one of the aisles I just walked a different way and wasn't late to anything. The number of new stalls was great with something new to see. My photos look absolutely perfect and I am so thrilled that I was able to go. But in saying all of this I did have one request, the older staff members were perfect but some of the younger ones didn't appear too interested and didn't know how to answer questions such as "Where can I find Photoshoot Area C" or sent people to the wrong lines, I understand it comes with experience and confidence in what you are doing, but when you have a long day to plan it makes things a bit harder. But I don't want to dwell on this, staff were perfect, the day was perfect and everything I have in my room I will cherish forever, hope everyone enjoyed it and got what they wanted from the day.

I need to say thank you to Phil, who was looking after photo area C today.

I had a shoot with Hayley Atwell this morning, and in all the time i was there, he was under an incredible amount of pressure with people poking, prodding, and shouting at him to get his attention and ask him questions, but he handled it all like an absolute professional, while making sure that the queue flowed and that everyone who was there got through!

Thanks Phil!

Phil is always absolutely incredible! :smile:. He had the unfortunate task of Stan Lee's last photo session at LFCC last year, yet handled it terrifically.

• Like 1