Praise to the Crew Members

The crew who help run LFCC give up their own time to volunteer at these events, and their duties are high pressured and stressful. They usually end up as the target of all visitors' angst, complaints and frustrations when something does not go the way we want it. I created this thread for us all to give thanks to any particular crew member who helped you or felt deserves high praise for their efforts.

For my part, I was to say big thank you to the lady running Richard Dean Anderson's photo shoot queue on Friday. I got to the photo shoot at 1.30pm when it started, but because I had batch 2, thought I would not be able to join the queue until later. So came back after 15 minutes to find the queue in a complete mess and that the batches had appeared to be ignored. I joined the queue, and despite that fact that the first shoot was to get al the way through batch 2, it only got through diamond/gold passes before the rest of us were sent away until 6pm. We were all pretty irrupted about this and made our thoughts heard loudly several times to this poor lady, who was taking it all very patiently, calmly, and respectfully.

I later returned at 5.15pm, not wanting to miss out a second time. When it got to 6 o'clock, she organised the queue into batches like a star. Like she said, there was only one of her, but lots of us, and she coped tremendously. When I got my place in the queue, she informed us that they might not even get to batch 2 this time round (I feel for those in batch 3 and 4), and said we'd have priority tomorrow. To which there was an outcry from people saying they were only there for Friday. I was amongst this group. Thankfully she said that because we were only there that day that e could be given priority, and sent close to the front of the queue, meaning I was able to get my photo.

LFCC need more crew members like this. Not only was she good at managing a crowd, had a our voice so everyone could hear, but she was very patient, calm, and poke respectfully to all of us. Thank you.

I also want to thank the lady in charge of RDA's signing queue. She maintained it well, was very friendly, and when she saw I had a low VQ number near the end of the day, she helped me get through the system as quickly as possible.

Finally, I want to thank the lady sitting next to RDA. By this time personalisations had ended due to time constraints, but because I had my photo shoot picture (which is why I joined the queue a second time later in the day), she said since I had paid for the shoot that I should be able to get it personalised.

Is there anyone you want to thank?

• Like 1

One person's good is another's bad - the one you're thanking for sorting RDA's photo by being sent to the front of the queue, is the one who effectively merged 5 lanes of queues which would have worked, into one mahoosive queue with no structure. Trust me - I was at the front of the queue which would have been first in, until we got tsunamied by the incoming 4 queues!

The blue shirt handing out VQs for RDA (what a waste of time that was!) was lovely though, even when apologising it was only up to such a low number. I did ask if everyone had been OK (envisaging some mightily p*ssed off people), and she said yes, which is good.

Thanks to the red shirt guy in photo C on Friday - seen him before, never do get his name. He confirmed I could reshoot after blinking on James Tolkan's photo. Thanks also to the photographer Chantal, who noticed right away that I'd blinked a second time, so I didn't even get to my bag before being sent back.

Overall, very good crew.

I had some really bad experiences, which I've already mentioned. Best crew member for me by far was the guy running the late Robert Englund Shoot on Saturday. Really professional, really jovial, made everyone relax after all the stress we'd been under. Got us into safe, sensible queues in seconds and kept it that way. Don't know his name, but super job! Get this guy on the high stress shoots, like Photo A next year, he doesn't treat you like sheep!

I'd like to thank Ken, one of the red shirt crew who was working at Photo A yesterday. He let me go through Hayley Atwell's shoot early to get to my next one which was up on Level 3 and it helped me out a great deal.

I found the crew to be hit or miss in terms of friendliness and general knowledge of the event but as the original post said, they're all volunteers and it was absolute mayhem for the most part yesterday so they were bound to get stressed out.

Myself and my autistic son visited the London event for the first time on Saturday. One of the main reasons was because RDA was going to be attend. we had a VQ number of about 400. We kept going back on and off all day, we later found that it would be very unlikely that we would be able to get the autograph we really wanted. On talking with the young lady, who was doing really well,( especially as she had to effectively turn away people ) she said that i could have got an access pass, as my son was beginning to struggle. She was so helpful and after getting the pass let us join the queue. many thanks to all the volunteers who give their time freely to make sure that people have as enjoyable a time as possible. RDA was a great guest and a genuinely nice guy.

One person's good is another's bad - the one you're thanking for sorting RDA's photo by being sent to the front of the queue, is the one who effectively merged 5 lanes of queues which would have worked, into one mahoosive queue with no structure. Trust me - I was at the front of the queue which would have been first in, until we got tsunamied by the incoming 4 queues!

The blue shirt handing out VQs for RDA (what a waste of time that was!) was lovely though, even when apologising it was only up to such a low number. I did ask if everyone had been OK (envisaging some mightily p*ssed off people), and she said yes, which is good.

Thanks to the red shirt guy in photo C on Friday - seen him before, never do get his name. He confirmed I could reshoot after blinking on James Tolkan's photo. Thanks also to the photographer Chantal, who noticed right away that I'd blinked a second time, so I didn't even get to my bag before being sent back.

Overall, very good crew.

At what time did that lane merging happen? Was that when RDA fans started queuing early?

The VQ for RDA on Friday did end up being a bit of a waste once into three figures. I left at 7.10pm and he was only at 85, and 400 had been given out before she stopped, knowing that number would never be reached.

It was the 6pm photoshoot on Friday. From what I saw, there was a gold/old paper ticket almost against the wall, and then at least queues for batches 1 and 2.

The lady in her defence, did realise some people were Friday only so couldn't come back another day, and tried to solve it. But the solution shouldn't have been (and I quote here) "everyone with Friday only, move against the wall". Everyone IN the queue against the wall watched in disbelief as a mass of people swept towards (and sometimes through) us. :no:

Todays crew at the RDA photo shoot was awesome!

Arrived late to the shoot by 2 minutes due to the massive queue (despite giving myself 1.5h queue time), initially I was annoyed however the pit lady sorted it all out and told me to come back at 3:20.

Went back, had my Sean Gunn shoot done, changed from my GOTG shirt into my MacGyver shirt and was added to the RDA queue and got my picture.

Professional, friendly and organised :thumbup:

• Like 1

I had a good experience with all the crew - thanks everyone. On Friday Christopher Lloyd was running late for signing, he only had about 15 mins when he got to us, but the guy in the red shirt running the queue, Kev (I think) was excellent and got loads in. I got my autograph which I wouldn't have time to get if I hadn't got it then. So thanks!

Young blond haired lad with tattoos at photo shoot A for Robert Englund today was great as were all on the diamond pass desk. Amy who was at the queuing area at the sales desk was really helpful. Can't fault anyone. All the security guys were clear and helpful as well first thing.

Bar one minor spot of gripe-age (posted elsewhere), the crew were their lovely awesome selves as usual. Major props to Luke for maintaining an iron grip on Photoshoot A on Saturday (unfortunately his voice was totally trashed by Sunday, but he kept us amused with his written comments and Chris did a good job calling the numbers in his place). Phil was in fine voice in area C (I think it was) on Sunday, and the guy on Photoshoot E this Sunday (I forget his name) was also doing a good job of controlling the crowds. All the people I met on the auto desks were lovely and friendly (despite getting some unwarranted abuse in places, I noticed - tut). I hope the people manning MJF's shoots are still sane as that was the fastest shoot I've ever done, I think - my bag hadn't even moved by the time I was back to retrieve it! Hope you guys can have a good rest tomorrow...

I need to say thank you to Phil, who was looking after photo area C today.

I had a shoot with Hayley Atwell this morning, and in all the time i was there, he was under an incredible amount of pressure with people poking, prodding, and shouting at him to get his attention and ask him questions, but he handled it all like an absolute professional, while making sure that the queue flowed and that everyone who was there got through!

Thanks Phil!

Massive kudos to Luke at Photoshoot A yesterday and today, his voice was almost non-existent today but was so good organising and keeping a HUGE bunch of people entertained whilst queueing - especially during MJF's shoot yesterday which was absolutely manic.

Also a big thanks to Allison (red shirt) on the Sales Desk, had to go there twice this weekend to sort out shoots I'd missed and she was so helpful and managed to get my shoots rearranged for me. Yes there are some gripes and issues but a massive pat on the back for everyone involved despite. Thank you!!