Anyone see the article in the Daily Star?

Did anyone see the article in the Daily Star...

Whats you opinion??

Mine is, is that if you want to meet that person and can afford to do so why not.... I work, I don't smoke or drink, and I spend my money how I want..

For those of you who missed it then heres the link to the webpage..

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/454580/A-listers-bill-fans-signature-comic-con-stars

It's just sensationalising it for the sake of it. We had exactly the same thing after Sherlock, the journalist just want to say 'oh look at the horrible rich celebs and how they treat their fans'. They don't care to give a balanced accurate article because it's not sensational enough. Look at the fact that the writer couldn't be bothered to say entry was £18 but focused on the weekend package because it looks more 'shocking' to give the higher priced ticket but without bothering to mention what that fee actually includes.

• Like 4

It is what it is, they do it every time, I fully expect the Daily Mail to follow suit soon. I'm not sure why they bother really, it can only be of limited interest to people who don't go and those that do will know the facts anyway. Nice easy article for someone to write I suppose they because they can copy and paste most of it from the last one!

Pffft. It's the Daily Star. Ranked down there with The Sun, Daily Mail and Daily Express, in terms of sensationalising things and picking their facts to show the worst light. Same as magazines like Heat - one week praising a woman for her curves, then 2 weeks later pointing out her belly bulge. Talk about two faced and sensationalist.

Maybe they'd prefer us to smoke or drink our wages away. As many con goers will share though, we like meeting other fans, the actors, hearing the talks, etc. Many happy memories (we'll skirt around the less pleasant ones!).

• Like 3

The bit which amused me the most was 'picking up genuine autograph between £20 and £30 of ebay'! How do they know it is genuine? I would never buy autographs of ebay because there would always be doubt in my mind if it was the real thing or not. Plus nothing beats the experience of actually meeting the person.

• Like 2

The bit which amused me the most was 'picking up genuine autograph between £20 and £30 of ebay'! How do they know it is genuine? I would never buy autographs of ebay because there would always be doubt in my mind if it was the real thing or not. Plus nothing beats the experience of actually meeting the person.

My thoughts exactly

• Like 1

I hate articles like this one. I work very hard for what I've got. We're not asking anyone for money so that we can attend these events. What I spend my money on is nobody's business. It's not even about the money for me, it's about the atmosphere and the experiance itself that is way more important to me than a piece of paper. I bet the person who wrote that piece of crap goes on expensive holidays at least once a year yet no one is judging them for that. People are willing to pay so who cares haha It was an amazing experiance that some irrelevant 'journalists' doesn't even understand.

I hate articles like this one. I work very hard for what I've got. We're not asking anyone for money so that we can attend these events. What I spend my money on is nobody's business. It's not even about the money for me, it's about the atmosphere and the experiance itself that is way more important to me than a piece of paper. I bet the person who wrote that piece of crap goes on expensive holidays at least once a year yet no one is judging them for that. People are willing to pay so who cares haha It was an amazing experiance that some irrelevant 'journalists' doesn't even understand.

Exactly. And if they say that money could be better spent. (not that the star or the sun or similar news papers know anything outside poor reporting and trash) think of how much tourism these events bring to London. Hundreds of thousands of people come from literally all over the world to attend LFCC which brings money to London and the surrounding areas
  • Like 1

To be honest this article represents many people's opinion of this type of event. I love going to cons/signing events but none of my friends or family have the slightest interest in them. The most common question is a surprised 'Do you have to PAY for the autographs!?" :-)

Don't let it upset anyone - there will always be articles like this after each event and nothing can be done about it. It's pointless emailing them about it as they aren't going to care. Forget it and just remember the positive points from all of your weekends.

Journo's like that write lazy pieces as it's a little puff article where they can slag off and point at the 'nerds' who are so gullible and dweebish they pay that money for signatures! Saddo's. It's really not worth responding to at all.