how many people at olympia on saturday

Friday was busy enough, you could still get round to where you needed to without getting gridlocked.

Saturday was stupid busy, it's a wonder anyone was able to move anywhere. It's all well and good them saying that the capacity is (for instance) 20,000, but it doesn't mean they HAVE to sell that many. I think attendance needs to be cut again for next year based on what's happened the past 2 summer cons.

And I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but ComicCon is not a place to bring a pushchair or an infant.

I both agree and disagree on that. People in wheelchairs have just as much of a right to be there so following the same logic pushchairs should be fine too. Yes, they're difficult to get around in a crowd, but so are wheelchairs, and things like massive cosplay outfits/props. It doesn't make a huge amount of difference to the crowd, to be honest. (I must stress that I'm not comparing a wheelchair to being the same as a pushchair, or disability to being an infant-- please don't take this statement the wrong way)

That said, I lost count of the number of crying children I saw. At a rough guess I'd say most of them looked under five or six, and they all seemed to be crying because they were hot and tired. I'm not saying children shouldn't be brought to Comic Con, but that sort of heavily crowded environment isn't good for them, which is the only way I sort of agree on the fact that it's not a great place for them.

I saw a few what looked like new born babies, tiny and couldnt be more than pretty new.

Seriously what world are these parents from! Shocking beyond words.

All it takes is an idiot pushing through crowds like maniacs (of which there were many) and your childs hurt or worse. The heat, the noise, the lack of air! Well done parents.

Would these people take a baby to a gig! Well yes they may as I have seen that as well, babies on the barriers! Going deaf for life. So nothing suprises me at all.

• Like 1

What i think would make thing s lot better is- move the YALK to the winter con, keep the numbers the same BUT have the extra 3 halls. they had 6 this year with the extra 3 that would be 9. that 50% extra room. if they kept the numbers the same with the 50% extra room i recon people would find things a mot better. so PLEAS showmaster when you add the extra 3 halls next year PLEASE DON'T add an extra 50% of tickets.

I would never in a million years. Brinh a child probably under five to these things. To many people and too hot. I would say as above you can't compare a wheelchair and a pram. The person in the wheelchair more than likely gas given the option to come and those kids get pulled along. If it's a newborn baby which I dud see a few off I would have seriously left them with grandparents or partner and if that wasn't possible I'd not come. The liklihood of the. Knowing they would give birth was there and it shouldn't have been a surprise. Felt sorry for them and the one helper dog I saw. That dog did not look happy at all.

Edited by lesleynile
  • Like 1

I would never in a million years. Brinh a child probably under five to these things. To many people and too hot. I would say as above you can't compare a wheelchair and a pram. The person in the wheelchair more than likely gas given the option to come and those kids get pulled along. If it's a newborn baby which I dud see a few off I would have seriously left them with grandparents or partner and if that wasn't possible I'd not come. The liklihood of the. Knowing they would give birth was there and it shouldn't have been a surprise. Felt sorry for them and the one helper dog I saw. That dog did not look happy at all.

I think I saw the dog you were referring to as well, I felt really very sorry for him/her. It must have been an overwhelming place to be. As for pushchairs they were a nuisance and I agree, why would you bring youngsters to such an event with such great risk of injury?! I would have either left them with a responsible relative or if I had no one, I just wouldn't have put the child second and come at all. But as for wheelchair users, I would imagine someone in that position has enough difficulties to contend with in every day life and I have to say I really admire them for getting out and coming to the show, I have a lot of respect for them and their circumstances and will happily move aside/back/out of the way when someone in that position takes priority.

• Like 1