how many people at olympia on saturday

more then 6500 closer to 20000 judging by the top floor being full of people in the stairs and lifts queues to get down and queues to get up to and the amount of people standing still at the stalls and to get up the stair case to the second floor and to get in the building

• Like 1

By the sound of it some people got in without a ticket yesterday so even if they told us how many they sold it would not be possible to say how many were inside the venue. There needs to be tighter control at the door although I know this will take more time and they just want to get everyone in asap

• Like 1

more then 6500 closer to 20000 judging by the top floor being full of people in the stairs and lifts queues to get down and queues to get up to and the amount of people standing still at the stalls and to get up the stair case to the second floor and to get in the building

What if.....there were only 6,500 people in the venue, but the other 6,499 followed you around all day?

It was scarily crowded - at some points hard to breathe which then had people panicking. I know Olympia can hold that many people but whether they should when there are stalls set up and photo shoot areas etc.... is anothsr matter.

Its a really difficult one, as know would be gutted if couldn't attend as it was sold out but I found yesterday extremely stressful due to the crowds....

How did everyone else find it? This isn't a criticism of the show as was delighted with who I met and e everything but I know it was mentioned that some people had 15 photos and I only had 4, how did people manage it with the crowds?

• Like 1

The crowds were pretty bad yesterday, especially on the ground and 1st floor and the balcony were they had Photo A for a lot of the bigger guests was far too small and over crowded.

There was a lot more space on the the 2nd and 3rd floors but the access was ridiculous nowhere near good enough.

The stairs were a disaster waiting to happen, when you opened the door it blocked half the stairwell and people were crisscrossing each other outside the doors trying to go up or down the levels.

I have no idea how someone could manage to get 15 photo shoots in 1day.

Maybe Dumbledore taught them how to Disapparate

Edited by Bosco
  • Like 1

It was scarily crowded - at some points hard to breathe which then had people panicking. I know Olympia can hold that many people but whether they should when there are stalls set up and photo shoot areas etc.... is anothsr matter.

Its a really difficult one, as know would be gutted if couldn't attend as it was sold out but I found yesterday extremely stressful due to the crowds....

How did everyone else find it? This isn't a criticism of the show as was delighted with who I met and e everything but I know it was mentioned that some people had 15 photos and I only had 4, how did people manage it with the crowds?

Stressful is exactly the word. Within the first half hour of being there I was thinking to myself, "to hell with this, I just want to get my photos/autos done and go". I didn't, of course, but still.

About the doors -- there was one point during the afternoon where one of the lifts took a few of us down to the ground floor. What the crew member didn't tell us is that that particular lift would take us outside, not inside, so to get back into the venue we all had to walk around the building and go back in through the main doors. Since I hadn't left the venue all day I didn't have a stamp on my hand, but when I went through the doors no one even gave me a second glance. I could easily have been someone walking in off the street.

And I missed two photoshoots due to the placement of the photoshoot areas and the crowds between them. Having one shoot in D and another in E, within ten minutes of each other, was just impossible when you had that slow-moving sea of people to weave your way through.

My brother and I walked in on Saturday and about 11am and nobody asked to see our tickets. I did tell a member of the showmasters crew, as I was concerned the capacity would reach dangerous levels if people were getting in without tickets.

The crowds were pretty bad yesterday, especially on the ground and 1st floor and the balcony were they had Photo A for a lot of the bigger guests was far too small and over crowded.

There was a lot more space on the the 2nd and 3rd floors but the access was ridiculous nowhere near good enough.

The stairs were a disaster waiting to happen, when you opened the door it blocked half the stairwell and people were crisscrossing each other outside the doors trying to go up or down the levels.

I have no idea how someone could manage to get 15 photo shoots in 1day.

Maybe Dumbledore taught them how to Disapparate

I attended Sunday only on my own and I got to 14 photoshoots (2 prop ones included in that), and 8 autographs in total. Got to Olympia at about 20 past 10 and left at 5? Literally did nothing but run between shoots/autographs though! Had about 5 mins for food at like 2pm?

Based on figures SM said themselves on here (2013 was over 80,000 with a 3-hour friday) and 2014 over 100,000 again with short friday, does anybody seriously think the event was less busy?

I'd be surprised if it didn't reach 120,000 over 3-days.

• Like 2

According to the Olympia website the capacity for the halls being used totalled 17,500 - I wonder how many additional tickets they sold to cover for people leaving early and others arriving late. Certainly felt a lot more than that over the three days...

Too many! Rammed beyond capacity and I think I could bet safely, health and safety regulations as well! But that doesn't matter, we don't matter, pack 'em in and get the money, MONEY is the only thing that matters here! Ka-ching! ££££££££

Edited by SilvaNemesis

Stressful is exactly the word. Within the first half hour of being there I was thinking to myself, "to hell with this, I just want to get my photos/autos done and go". I didn't, of course, but still.

About the doors -- there was one point during the afternoon where one of the lifts took a few of us down to the ground floor. What the crew member didn't tell us is that that particular lift would take us outside, not inside, so to get back into the venue we all had to walk around the building and go back in through the main doors. Since I hadn't left the venue all day I didn't have a stamp on my hand, but when I went through the doors no one even gave me a second glance. I could easily have been someone walking in off the street.

And I missed two photoshoots due to the placement of the photoshoot areas and the crowds between them. Having one shoot in D and another in E, within ten minutes of each other, was just impossible when you had that slow-moving sea of people to weave your way through.

We had four photos one three different floors at the exact same time. We did it. It was hard but we were running as fast as we could shouting excuse me and sorry a millions times on the way. One of them was on the first floor, next on the top floor and two on the grounday. You just need a loud voice on not be afraid to knock people. Lol

Too many! Rammed beyond capacity and I think I could bet safely, health and safety regulations as well! But that doesn't matter, we don't matter, pack 'em in and get the money, MONEY is the only thing that matters here! Ka-ching! ££££££££

They will not purposely go over capacity. They just wouldn't and it would be stupid and irresponsible of them. This is the reason there was a limit on tickets so thousanda would turn up an it would go to one in one out like last year. I actually saw the security with the little counters clicking get away at one point yesterday. So no its not about packing people in there is the safety aspect too. There washould a hell of a lot more space than last year.

Well from my perspective as someone who has been a loyal attendee since 2006, it is not about the customers any more, it's about profit and that's all. I have NEVER experienced anything this bad in all the years I have attended a show. In fact I attended for the first time with my partner this year who said they would never ever go again after the absolute farce of it all. And furthermore, if there'd been a fire in there, none of us would have stood a chance in hell of getting out.

Edited by SilvaNemesis
  • Like 3

Friday was busy enough, you could still get round to where you needed to without getting gridlocked.

Saturday was stupid busy, it's a wonder anyone was able to move anywhere. It's all well and good them saying that the capacity is (for instance) 20,000, but it doesn't mean they HAVE to sell that many. I think attendance needs to be cut again for next year based on what's happened the past 2 summer cons.

And I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but ComicCon is not a place to bring a pushchair or an infant.