Robert Englund - no Sunday signing

Wow, sorry to anyone who was hoping to get an autograph today :(. I also think a refund option should be available, as some customers may not want to use a voucher at another con, and have to pay out more money on travel just to get there and use it.

Edited by SiriuslyBlack
  • Like 2

A voucher to use at another SM event is not good enough. Should be a £25 refund to CC at least.

Some of the people who missed out could be travelling from a distance or from overseas and most likely would not be in a position to get to another event.

• Like 1

Well I think they oversold diamond passes seeing as there is I'm number 518.....Gonna have a huge wait for my shoot. Def don't think he could have signed Al those passes

Wow ! i guess the Diamond passes weren't as exclusive as I would have thought... :eek:

The photos I've seen of him made up as Freddy do look amazing though

I'm hoping someone will post one so I can see how he looked!

If you've got twitter there's quite a few being posted on there

I don't use twitter Edited by Wrong Name

This news has put me off ever buying a Diamond Pass.

I thought the whole point of buying a Diamond Pass was that it guaranteed that at least a small number of fans who could afford it would get their autograph / photo / talk.

Now it transpires that they failed to take into account how long it would take to get Englund into make-up. So you are now offered credit which you'll need to use by travelling to another Showmasters event at your own expense ! :eek:

I feel truly awful for the people that were affected by this, if it had happened to me I'd be distraught and feel so very let down. It sounds to me that somebody somewhere didn't take into account the time that it would take to get all the makeup done, and for that a refund should be sent out, not vouchers, in my opinion. And even that is no consolation in any way. I'm sorry for all those people that missed out because of this. :(

It may seem easy for me to say but I wouldn't let it put you off buying a Diamond Pass. I had one for Sigourney Weaver and I genuinely feel that I got what I paid for. Always priority for the queues, great seats in the talks, just honestly took the stress out of getting her autograph and a photo with her.

Because of my Diamond Pass I was able to relax and enjoy my weekend, without fear of not meeting Sigourney. As long as I turned up where I was meant to be and at reasonable time, then it was all groovy. This weekend was a genuine dream come true thanks to that Pass and I really do hope that it's something SM continue to do.

• Like 1

The photos I've seen of him made up as Freddy do look amazing though

I'm hoping someone will post one so I can see how he looked!

If you've got twitter there's quite a few being posted on there

I don't use twitter

Don't know who the guy is in this picture but I found this tweet with his image from the shoot. You don't need Twitter to see it.

https://twitter.com/nickjjoy/status/622853098747351040

• Like 2

great make up shoot, very good and a great package for horror fans, though guaranteeing an autograph with a costly ticket then not delivering is poor. i wonder if there is any small print on those tickets lol.

surely the make up time was known prior? why wasnt it factored in

• Like 3

Firstly I'd like to say that apart from the big disappointment of not getting Roberts autograph it was a very good day. Now onto the most important thing. I only decided to attend the con because Robert was appearing as Freddy and diamond passes were GUARANTEED his autograph. I purposely purchased a replica glove to be signed and now I haven't got the autograph I mainly wanted from the show. I am unable to attend any other shows so the vouchers were pointless to me. Is there any chance I can send my glove to you to get Robert to sign when he is at Sheffield in a couple of weeks?

The make up job looks great, but why is he wearing an LFCC T-Shirt!?! Had I paid for this 'make-up' photo shoot I would have wanted him in the jumper. I wouldn't have wanted the LFCC branding on the T-shirt like it is.

Edited by nvirtue
  • Like 4

I have a lot of issues with the event as a whole but do not feel it is worth going in to detail about, but I thought it was clear from the start that Robert would be wearing make up and glove only as he did the same thing at a previous convention.

• Like 1

Really loved the Photoshoot but was a bit gutted with no signature. Appreciate that some people wanted a proper refund but I'm happy with the vouchers - £5 more than the signature is advertised at and the chances of me attending another event are very high