Robert Englund - no Sunday signing

Have to say, and yes I didn't have a Diamond pass not all of us are fortunate enough to afford them, or get enough time off work to attend all weekend, that this is a totally avoidable error on SM part. They KNOW how long it takes, how many shows has Robert done with them? Not only that, but BEFORE the con even started I saw posts on here about the length of time it takes, for his makeup to be applied. I drove up 7 hrs the day before and after a long and hectic day had to drive 7 hours back, and thank god he wasn't my primary goal, or I would have been jumping. Now I know how poor his photo shoot is, wearing their merch instead of full regalia, I wont be getting a photo with him, and I will choose to go a a smaller con with less guests to improve my odds. I genuinely feel sorry for anyone let down by this total lack of foresight, and hope it didn't completely ruin their weekend. I guarantee Robert is just as gutted, as that guy lives for his fans, and really goes out for them. I know he would be just as disappointed.

...and I thought Lon-Bham-Lon with bus was a long trip :P

Any news on if I can send my glove in to be signed? Sheffield is only a couple weeks away so would need to send it in very soon

No sorry. The office was closed over the weekend.

Ok no problem, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything 😊

Even in the films, Rob wasn't always in full costume and fans got photos of Robert in his makeup and where you going to get an opportunity like that? The way I see it is that I got a photo of Rob as Freddy Kreuger in a different costume - I find that the LFCC shirt actually added a nice touch to it all, rather than ruin the experience - for me, I wasn't disappointed at all, I thought it was really cool.

Rob has also stated there are reasons why he doesn't wear the full costume as well and I respect that - just to meet Rob Englund was a major plus as I've been a big fan for MANY years. To get him in his makeup for a photo shoot was once in a lifetime.

Can't see the issue. Also, an opportunity has arisen for those who weren't able to get his auto on Sunday, so everything's cool.

• Like 3

Update: The entry that comes with the unclipped ticket is Early Bird.

so is there any way of me getting £10 off my early bird ticket due to my pass being clipped? (as I would have snatched their hands off HAD this, or any entry, been offered to me as an alternative to the vouchers)

Edited by gorefandanny

so is there any way of me getting £10 off my early bird ticket due to my pass being clipped? (as I would have snatched their hands off HAD this, or any entry, been offered to me as an alternative to the vouchers)

I have been informed that both alternatives were offered right from the start. If you want to try to get an exception drop the office a line, I'm afraid this is totally out of my hands.

I have been informed that both alternatives were offered right from the start. If you want to try to get an exception drop the office a line, I'm afraid this is totally out of my hands.

OK will do.

I was definitely not offered such, and I am just seeking a fair solution to a problem that has arisen from misinformation given to me at the desk.

Thanks for the information / suggestion!

• Like 1

Done - I suggested 2 options, either let me in with the clipped pass & I refund the £5 extra in vouchers given to me, or be able to obtain early entry for £2.50 (the extra £5 minus the £2.50 postage I'd then have to pay).

Both of these leave me no better or worse off than had I been given the correct information.

I think there needs to be a full, written statement from Showmasters on the validity of presenting the Freddy Diamond Passes at another event/venue. It would be useful for us to print out and present at the door for the venue staff to read rather than have to explain the whole situation to them verbally. I am travelling 200 miles to Glasgow's show next month to get my Robert Englund autograph that I didn't get at London, so it would be nice to have an assurance that my entry to the show will go smoothly...

I hereby assure you in the name of Showmasters that your unclipped Diamond Pass (unclipped for the autograph) will be valid for entry and one autograph at a future SM event that Robert Englund is attending.

The unclipped Pass will be valid for Early Bird entrance.

This statement has also been confirmed by TooTall.

Queen Sindel - SM forum admin

Please feel free to print the above if you feel it's needed.

• Like 1

Update on send in service: you can send in your unclipped Diamond Pass to the pre order service and obtain your autograph this way. Please order as usual and add the note that you have the Diamond Pass.

Information on queueing arrangements still coming, please bear with me a little longer.

Update on send in service: you can send in your unclipped Diamond Pass to the pre order service and obtain your autograph this way. Please order as usual and add the note that you have the Diamond Pass.

Information on queueing arrangements still coming, please bear with me a little longer.

My diamond pass is clipped because I was basically given a take it or leave it option of vouchers, no other option. As I said I'm happy to pay for the preorder service. Just been looking on the preorder page and there's no images but has 2 options of photos to choose from. Any chance of seeing what option a and b are?

Also to work out postage costs for a replica glove do I just choose special delivery? As there's no option other than flat items?

Edited by TheMadTatter

My diamond pass is clipped because I was basically given a take it or leave it option of vouchers, no other option. As I said I'm happy to pay for the preorder service. Just been looking on the preorder page and there's no images but has 2 options of photos to choose from. Any chance of seeing what option a and b are?

Also to work out postage costs for a replica glove do I just choose special delivery? As there's no option other than flat items?

You were not the only one asking this, I got a couple of e-mails. This is why the info has been put on the forum.

Please contact the store with your questions, I'm afraid I can't answer that. Sending in the glove is okay, but they need to confirm procedure.

• Moderators

Hi All

I will be updating the shop for the upcoming shows later.

There will be a totally different shop for the diamond passes as I need to keep this separate. Just bare with me as Ive just got in from work and about to make a PO run with LFCC items.

Just a little info. At Sheffield and Bournemouth I will be accepting ANY items for him to sign. AT Glasgow I will only be accepting 11x14 and smaller as I'm flying to the con.

JG

OK will do.

I was definitely not offered such, and I am just seeking a fair solution to a problem that has arisen from misinformation given to me at the desk.

I got the same problem, I was given vouchers but not informer of the alternative. They told me I can use the vouchers at any event but nothing about free entry to another show or a free autograph. I was going to go to Bournemouth and spend my vouchers to get a autograph from Robert and buy a ticket. Would of done the alternative if it was offered to me. :grump:

OK will do.

I got the same problem, I was given vouchers but not informer of the alternative. They told me I can use the vouchers at any event but nothing about free entry to another show or a free autograph. I was going to go to Bournemouth and spend my vouchers to get a autograph from Robert and buy a ticket. Would of done the alternative if it was offered to me. :grump:

Sorry, but I can tell you the same only what I already told gorefandanny. There's nothing the forum mods can do here.

OK will do.

Sorry, but I can tell you the same only what I already told gorefandanny. There's nothing the forum mods can do here.

That's ok, thank you. Do you have contact details on who I can call or email. I used the contact page twice and emailed the shop but had no luck with replys.

Right I got a reply as I saw some of you had the problem of not being notified about the access to a other event to meet Robert Englund instead of the voucher compensation. I been told I can take my Diamond Pass to a event to gain entry but have to pay for the autograph myself (which I can do with the vouchers I was given). I have to present it to a pit boss on the day of entry who will be in red.

To double check if need be I emailed shop@showmastersevents.com and had to wait for a reply within two working days. I also asked for the Bournemouth event so don't know it others will be different policy but assume it's the same for the other events.

• Like 1