Robert Englund - no Sunday signing

Weel I didn't book that diamond pass as I already have a regular pic and signature from Robert Englund, I can surely understand the disapointment of many, I feel like SM will take the blame here, while they're not fully responsible in my opinion, they probably would have had to take that in consideration earlier, but really what can they do if it's Robert Englund decision, I'm sure SM would have rather him do the shoot and the autos, in the end it always comes to the guest decision.

In the end, the photoshoot seems to be really the exclusive here, I don't think it will take place any time in the future, while I'm sure Mr Englund will be back for regular shoots and of course signature.

Kind of the same stories with Christopher LLoyd, in this case I would blame a little bit more SM, they booked way too many different shoots with him, on his first year I think Christopher LLoyd ended up around 600 autos I guess, from what I heard VQ tickets this year ended up around 150.

when I spoke to him on Friday about the makeup photo he said to me that he wouldn't be in the hat or jumper as it could just be anyone In the photo with you. he also said he would be wearing a showmasters t-shirt to make the picture more commemorative.

I bought the Diamond Pass and was only planning to attend on Sunday but after hearing the horror stories from Friday about the queues and some missing photo shoots, I decided to come on Saturday to just pick up my pass. I could've got something signed but checked with a Pit Boss if I could get my item signed on Sunday and she said yes, so carried on. Sunday morning the talk was interesting, the shoot was great but yes had a long wait. I hated when they announced it being at the end of the day but that worked out great for mess I managed to get Christopher Lloyd's auto via a VQ ticket from when I arrived by chance as he was still signing. If the freddy shoot had been at another time, I would've missed this.

Re: the cancelled signing: I went straight to the Diamond organisers when I found out he wasn't signing on Sunday and was told I could get a refund, autograph vouchers of a slightly higher value or hold onto my pass and get free entry to a future event Robert is at and also get his autograph then with the pass. I chose this as it's a nice incentive and good deal.

I agree it's not ideal and at one point a crew member told me I could get my item signed after the talk with Robert Kurtzman but that seemed unlikely too. All crew I talked to were helpful and told me information as it was updated with the diamond booth also showing me the forum post by Jason on their phone.

I chose to go to the next London comic con when Robert attends which costs me travel but without this incentive I may not have gone and I get no entry fee, so I appreciate it.

I have other comments which I'll post elsewhere but with the signing I wish they had announced it earlier too but am happy with the alternative. I do feel for those who brought bigger items for him to sign and had to carry them all day.

So disappointed about this I went on Friday and seen it was going to be a long line and went back often to check on numbers as I had got a VQ ticket the numbers where going down ok and it was getting closer to mine and bang I was told the line is stopped come back tomorrow, so on the Saturday the very same story very long lines and I had a lower VQ number this time round so was excited but no same as yesterday I was so close to the cut off point the line is stopped come back tomorrow, so on the Sunday I go in very very early ie 6am in the line outside so im near the door to get a lower VQ ticket only to be told he is not doing any signings I could not believe it he and Ken was the reason I went over in the first place this was a big blow.

Hope to get another chance again but this left a bad taste about this event to be honest.

when I spoke to him on Friday about the makeup photo he said to me that he wouldn't be in the hat or jumper as it could just be anyone In the photo with you. he also said he would be wearing a showmasters t-shirt to make the picture more commemorative.

That makes no sense to me :)

It would be more commemorative if you had your photo with Robert in full Freddy outfit, not in an LFCC t-shirt.

Sounds like there were other reasons for not wearing the full gear.

The no Sunday signing was disappointing, but I'm a happy girl because I loved the shoot and the talk was fascinating. :D In hindsight I should have really tried to have met him for autos on the Saturday, but the sounds of it, that was tricky too! I am definitely taking up Showmasters offer of using my pass at another event - namely Sheffield. I will be purchasing one entry ticket for my boyfriend so I do hope the crew are fully briefed and I will get free entry to Sheffield?! Slightly worried I will end up with issues on the door.

I do really feel for everyone who will miss out and are unable to travel to another con. Also to those who carried heavy stuff, for what ended up to be for no reason at all.

I must admit I did have a minor heart attack when I arrived early on Sunday to find Robert missing and a crew member told me very cooly that Robert had cancelled the whole day, even the Freddy shoot. Well my mouth dropped to the floor! Said crew member was very good however and quickly went to find someone for final confirmation, but that was a horrible 5 minutes. :unsure:

In addition, I went to get my goodies on the Saturday afternoon and all small t-shirts had ran out, despite the fact we gave our sizes when purchasing. I thought I'd be safe collecting my tee on the Saturday, given Diamond day was the Sunday. They offered me a large tee, but I'm petite so refused. I will be emailing separately as I still want my t-shirt in small. :coolthumb:

Overall had an amazing time so thank you Showmasters for an incredible weekend!

I really need to meet Robert again cos when I met him for the first time a few years ago I was way too star struck to speak, except to ask for a pic and say thank you. He is such a great guy and a true hero of mine.

Edited by Jesse Pinkman
  • Like 1

He was seriously the best guest there! An absolutely amazing guy who loves his fans. Do we get to just go to Sheffield with our passes then? If so will it be normal entry? Cause I bought a gold pass to for this one and without that and diamond I wouldn't have got to even see him!

I will try to find out for you guys about Sheffield. I currently have no details on that because I was running around in another area and the office staff is not back yet. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Does that include my enquiry about if it's possible to send my glove to you guys to get it signed as I'm unable to attend any other events? I'm happy to pay as on the whole the whole experience was amazing, just disappointing missing his autograph.

i agree with this -otherwise it could have looked like a photo with one of numerous cosplayers that day.

holy god, i only just stumbled across this thread. utterly shocking and appalling organisation on so many levels. like others say, the application time for the makeup should have been known well in advance and catered for. and that t-shirt looks unutterably pathetic. if i'd paid and seen that was the result i'd want a refund, frankly.

• Like 1

I will try to find out for you guys about Sheffield. I currently have no details on that because I was running around in another area and the office staff is not back yet. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Does that include my enquiry about if it's possible to send my glove to you guys to get it signed as I'm unable to attend any other events? I'm happy to pay as on the whole the whole experience was amazing, just disappointing missing his autograph.

Sorry, if you posted that here I missed this completely. I will add this to the list. Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly: you had a Diamond Pass and didn't get to meet Robert at LFACC?

Sorry, if you posted that here I missed this completely. I will add this to the list. Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly: you had a Diamond Pass and didn't get to meet Robert at LFACC?

Yeh had the diamond pass, wanted to get my replica glove and a photo signed and the pass was supposed to guarantee getting his autograph. Don't get me wrong I was very happy with the photo was amazing experience, just really wanted his autograph too.

Although Robert is booked for other Showmasters events I'm really hoping that he can come back to a London event soon. Not everyone has the time and money to travel to Sheffield, Bournemouth etc if London is the closest from a locality point of view. Given that Robert is a regular for Showmasters I'm sure it will happen, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Generally speaking though, I feel that the the whole announcement of not signing autographs on Sunday is a poor showing from Showmasters. Talks, photoshoots and make up time should have been known well in advance and I'm struggling to believe that it wasn't known that the make up would take a few hours. I think the fans could have accepted the "no autographs on Sunday" if it had been advised in advance, but to announce it on Sunday morning is poor form.

• Like 9

Although Robert is booked for other Showmasters events I'm really hoping that he can come back to a London event soon. Not everyone has the time and money to travel to Sheffield, Bournemouth etc if London is the closest from a locality point of view. Given that Robert is a regular for Showmasters I'm sure it will happen, I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Generally speaking though, I feel that the the whole announcement of not signing autographs on Sunday is a poor showing from Showmasters. Talks, photoshoots and make up time should have been known well in advance and I'm struggling to believe that it wasn't known that the make up would take a few hours. I think the fans could have accepted the "no autographs on Sunday" if it had been advised in advance, but to announce it on Sunday morning is poor form.

I agree. I've been looking forward to meeting Robert Englund for months. Had he been ill or cancelled, that would've been something else entirely, but this? I could've gotten him on Saturday but thought of doing it on sunday. How I regret that choice now. I can't make it to the smaller conventions. I'd spend more money on getting there (I'm not from the UK) than I would be spending there, so I really really hope they make up this error by inviting him again next year.

• Like 3

This was my 1st event and I've unfortunately learnt already that if you are after something never leave it until the last day.

As the chances of something going wrong increase tenfold.

I Will look forward to and still attend future events, but will have my head screwed on a bit better for the next one.

Edited by S.H.R.E.K

Have to say, and yes I didn't have a Diamond pass not all of us are fortunate enough to afford them, or get enough time off work to attend all weekend, that this is a totally avoidable error on SM part. They KNOW how long it takes, how many shows has Robert done with them? Not only that, but BEFORE the con even started I saw posts on here about the length of time it takes, for his makeup to be applied. I drove up 7 hrs the day before and after a long and hectic day had to drive 7 hours back, and thank god he wasn't my primary goal, or I would have been jumping. Now I know how poor his photo shoot is, wearing their merch instead of full regalia, I wont be getting a photo with him, and I will choose to go a a smaller con with less guests to improve my odds. I genuinely feel sorry for anyone let down by this total lack of foresight, and hope it didn't completely ruin their weekend. I guarantee Robert is just as gutted, as that guy lives for his fans, and really goes out for them. I know he would be just as disappointed.

• Like 1

Yeh had the diamond pass, wanted to get my replica glove and a photo signed and the pass was supposed to guarantee getting his autograph. Don't get me wrong I was very happy with the photo was amazing experience, just really wanted his autograph too.

And you want to use the Preorder service instead of going yourself, correct?

Update: Those who missed out on an autograph and come to another event please bring the Diamond Pass with you. You will get the autograph you missed out on and a day entry to the show is covered with the Pass as well.

EDITED: I have been told this offer is valid for "a future show with Robert attending". I have not been told of a time limit. I wouldn't leave it til 2018 though. ;)

Edited by Queen_Sindel
  • Like 1

And you want to use the Preorder service instead of going yourself, correct?

Yes please as I'm unable to attend another event. So would like to pre order to get a photo and my replica glove signed

Even with the LFCC t-shirt it could stil be anyone in the picture with me.

I'm glad it was known it advance he wouldn't be wearing the sweater and hat. Because of this I did not buy the diamond pass.